SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

Indeed Scarcity overwrites leveled list records from Legacy that include Legacy added items like paintings and gems for example, but the moment you make a bashed patch, those lists are combined and correct.

If one were to use Scarcity with Legacy without using a Bashed Patch, you would indeed have a problem, but a Bashed Patch is recommended for Scarcity to function correctly, so this shouldn't be an issue.

• +1 1

Great to see you doing this Darth, I'm pretty sure you'll find you end up with a more 'mature' build with much more integration across questlines, etc.  I'm on the third revision on my build now, just removing some of the stuff I threw in along the way and trying to get FPS up to an acceptable level in areas of heavy detail, but I absolutely love the scope of LotD and what it encompasses.  You need to be very aware (as I have found out to my detriment several times) of how merging obvious things together can break some of the auto-patching in LotD.  It looks for certain esp names and activates additional displays etc depending on what it finds in your load order.  I have merged things like the two kohnarik accoutrement esps together before I realised that so had to rename the merge back to the the original main file name (which then also broke the AAE KA plugin as it looks for both KA esps as masters!).  Lots of messing around on my build to keep it all working but that's my fault for trying to squeeze so much in!  And I wouldn't worry too much about string count if you're using Crash Fixes, although I have run Restringer on most of the big mods I have including LotD and the reduction is pretty amazing.

I like the idea of MLU Simplified too, have just been reading up on it, and I'd agree on AAE although speak to Astakos about his views on the AAE patches as he's not overly impressed!

On the Combat/Dragons/Enemies stuff I guess it depends what you're aiming for with this build - is it a difficulty build, or an expanded quests build, or a bit of both?

Hi sirjesto,

The wording used in the post above by dunc001 was a bit "unfortunate".

As I have written in this thread, am still testing AAE and your patches and for the time being I am just not inline with a couple of them.

But as I said I might be wrong or spoke too soon as I am still testing the mod.

Rest assured that whatever my final findings I will discuss it with you (in private) as this is always my approach and my mentality with every mod author or user.

Apologies for the above mentioned wording as I am sure it was not Dunc's intention and certainly not mine.

Thanks and we will be in touch!  ::):

No problem.  The patches are not exactly how I would like them TBH, but I have to go by how the original mod author wants them.

I will have a Look at The OBIS and CACO ones in particular again and see whats up.  I remember something weird with CACO patch, but I thought the OBIS one was cool.

I have edited versions of a lot of the patches I haven't listed yet though because I am waiting for the new version of AAE to drop first.

The USLEEP one, for example, tx12001 is in the process of incorporating the changes into his mod for the next version, so I will be removing that one.

Well i got this bookmarked. I just want to say thanks to you man. I work a lot and have 3 children so figuring things like this out is something i dont really have time to learn. I been using srle for a while now and always dreamed of getting the legacy and supporting mods on top. Ive started adding things here and there and now im like wtf wyrmstooth isnt working lol!so to have this guide would be dream come true for people like me.youre awesome neo is awesome, all the mod authors and support people are awesome.ill be keeping an eye on this and the weekend after its done ill be sleeping on my desk downloading mods haha!long live skyrim!

Thanks sirjesto!

I shall await then then new version of AAE before proceeding any further.

Endangering myslef to be speaking too soon especially about the OBIS patch...i just do not think that this patch is needed.

Mainly what this patch does is to forward the level multiplier of AAE which I do not think this multiplier makes sense when using OBIS's min and max levels.

I would just load AAE before OBIS and let OBIS takes care of all bandit records...this is just what this mod does and it does it pretty good!  ::):

But as said...need to further test it.

P.S.: I have the feeling that we are getting off-topic here... ::D:

Edited by Astakos

I just have created a Install guide for SRLE Extended: LoTD https://wiki.step-project.com/User:Darth_mathias/SRLE_Extended_Legacy_of_The_Dragonborn_Integration_guide I will probably fill fill this out first that way i can easily workout what mod i will be using in the new guide.

Also Just so everyone knows i have decided I will not be doing a SRLE Extended: LoTD CR sub guide for this one as this take a lot (and I mean a lot) of work.