SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

Is this error normal from crash fixes? I have gotten this error a few times while playing my character now and have verified that Crashfixes is installed and configured correctly as the guide instructed to do so. Out of curiosity for those that are actively playing how many crashes do you get while playing? just for reference so I know what to expect.

Skyrim has failed to allocate memory! Possibly running out of memory. Size / alignment of object being allocated was 5592580 / 0. Some things you can try:

1. Make sure ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true is set in enblocal.ini - if you don't have ENB then install ENBoost and enable this option.

2. Try set AlignHeapAllocate=0 in CrashFixPlugin.ini - if you get additional crashes then put back to 1.

3. If it's during ShowRaceMenu then close the menu from time to time to free memory.

4. Enable CustomMemoryBlock in CrashFixPlugin.ini to reduce memory fragmentation.

5. If it's during ShowRaceMenu then disable UseOSAllocators=1 and re-enable after character creation is completed.

Instantkor hi! To be perfectly honest with you i seldom get ctd, unless i have played for hours...then memory issue. I have removed some mods here (personal preference) but with many added on top. We used to use custommemoryblock, but with win 10 uncapping this was removed....in terms of this i defer to memnoch, who has a greater understanding. I use a tool called jetclean that optimizes memory after each game session and i ensure that i remove all game saves after each session and place in a backup folder, and then copy/paste the latest back into save game folder. I found for me too many saved games ess played havoc with my game memory if in the default folder...cannot verify if that applies to all. Any way these are just my experiances

@InstantKor: custommemoryblock helps to avoid this problem and is still needed even with an updated windows 10. The purposes of this feature is to counteract memory fragmentation which prevent skyrim to allocate memory. So it should enabled most of the time especially because windows and other apps love to fragment your memory ^^. Sadly, even with a software dedicated to this, it is impossible to avoid this problem totally.

Quote from the troubleshoot section of my guide to set it properly:

Game says message box "running out of memory" and crashes and ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true :

1. Edit CrashFixPlugin.ini and set CustomMemoryBlock=1
  2. Take a look at crash fixes in-game report by opening skyrim console (with ²)
  3. In CrashFixplugin.ini, increase or decrease CustomMemoryBlockTotalSizeMb until highest memory block usage's value is around 85% - 90%

I can play 4 hours to my game with no crashes ;) I can rarely play longer so I can't tell you how it is stable after that. My mod list is based on SRLE extended with a lot of mod not added to it. (to be simple my load order is really heavy).

Skyrim is a strange beast because one of my friend only use USLEEP, crash fixes, bug fixes, skyui and an enb preset and he's got a CTD every 3 hours. It seems very system depending (OS, hardware and third party software).

@berndaroy: the removed cap from windows 10 only concerns enb setting "VideoMemorySizeMb" which can be increased upper to 4064, now. Nothing relative to crash fixes ;)

Edited by memnochs
  • +1 1

@berndaroy: the removed cap from windows 10 only concerns enb setting "VideoMemorySizeMb" which can be increased upper to 4064, now. Nothing relative to crash fixes ;)

Ok thanks Menoch...yah thats why win 8.1 is still capped to 4064..i get myself confused with these settings, so to be clear Videomemory is the maximum amount of vram on graphics card that the game can use dependant on your win version i.e win 8.1 4064; win7/10 can use more than this plus ram. Custommemory is the two portioned blocks of memory allocated in ENB, the game uses, first one (lower) before drawing on the other and these can be fragmented by apps etc. Have i got this right?

I have found that whilst playing i get slight warning signs...when running after a period of play, i start getting stuttering, small brief sections of or micro pauses. At this point i save, exit, back up saves, restore last save ,start up and good for another period of play...between 3/5 hours

Edited by berndaroy

It is more stable than oldrim??

I can't say still in the testing trying things out phase.

At Arthmoor's Villages now, when installing Darkwater Crossing it says not to install

Darkwater Crossing.bsl

Darkwater Crossing.txt

I saw that BSL isn't their, should I just install as normal? Sorry if this is a silly question I'm a type of person that always has to make sure everything Is right xD

yes just install as normal probably Arthmoor remove that file from an update and i missed it.

• +1 1

It is more stable than oldrim??

Much more stable...I'm using in parallel something close to this guide + a lot of extra mods (like 800 plugins each)...Although Oldrim it's still prettier, SE with the new enb is getting there...As for stability-wise..the difference is that after a half of hour of Oldrim (with a perfect CR file) I got a crash ...in SSE..very rare I got crashes, even that my CR is based on a Smashed Patch only, I even was able to play the entire Bruma qustline without a single crash with my SSE build up to 150 gig...so I decided to port everything from my Oldrim build...basically what is in this guide can be run in SSE ..except some SKSE plugins that I love from OLDRIM like the Search Plugin, Face to Face conversation, Immersive Camera/Enhanced Camera(not in this guide), or disable quicksave...I managed to make Racemenu, even CACO, will port CCOR..although Ars Metallica is already ported for SSE and doing a fine job...

Edited by mavanaic

Much more stable...

I'd like to know what patches or fixes you're using... I'm also running a WIP SSE build but with barely anything other than weathers, lighting and landscape I still get occasional instant CTD's which I suspect are caused by memory full. And yes, oldrim is still prettier... I don't understand it and it puzzles me, why the heck do they make a more advanced engine that produces crappy results. There's a ton of great weather and ENB mods now that produce amazing vivid image, but I ABHOR TAA with all my guts. It blurs everything completely, especially faces. So I run the game without TAA and use NVIDIA FXAA instead, not nearly perfect but more bearable. Then after a while I just go back to plain old Skyrim...