SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

berndaroy if the LOTD patch merge weren't so huge, taking in half of the whole load order as masters, I might try the esmify-load-in-CK method to restore navmeshes. There's a great guide (extensive) on the ETAC nexus page on how to do it. But since I've never done anything of the sort I prefer to practice making a smaller merge with navmesh conflicts, like a town/city merge, on a relatively clean build - greatest advantage of mo, I'll give you that, you always have a clean build ready to use through profiles. The thing about relighting skyrim isn't how the patch finds the master, it's that our tailored RS doesn't have two forms that are called by the patch. My take was to just fetch those two forms from the original RS (the unresolved references were something like 080606FD and 08060706... replacing the first two digits with the ones from the original RS in xEdit pointed to two lighting sources, so I copied those directly into the patch (not to the tailored RS, why tamper with that) and fixed the references so they pointed to the new copied forms. Not at all advanced xEditing, I hear you've been doing CR on your own so you'll know more than I for sure ;)

Hello everyone, a belated  Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to one and all.

I have been reluctant to update my game as I have made significant progress, and don't wish to restart from scratch at this time, but wanted to clarify a few things.

Firstly, has the issue surrounding the Horker Display and use of CACO been fixed? Have tried turning off the feature in CACO for swapping materials, but the display still refuses to appear. The issue seems to be with the Horker Meat required.

Secondly, I am having an issue where a number of NPCs that are cosmetically changed by Bijin/Ordinary Women are not displaying. While not gamebreaking, its certainly distracting. I'm assuming that the changes applied through the NPC CR are not being carried forward into the Bashed Patch correctly, so some clarification on how I would fix this would be appreciated (via PM, if needed)

Thirdly, I am also using the mods from the Good Guys series - namely, Thieves Guild and Namira and Dark Brotherhood, and noticed mention of some manual editing needed in CR. Could I get some clarification there as well, please? (PM is fine - don't want to hijack, lol).

Lastly, I am using a mod that changes the way mannequins look, and it has always frustrated me that Breezehome is the only vanilla player home with no mannequin. I am thinking of using Breezehome - Fully Upgraded as I have used it many times before, but I appreciate that it might not exactly fit with this guide. Any suggestions on a fitting mod for Breezehome that includes a mannequin would be appreciated (currently consoling in a mannequin, but that has its own issues).

Edited by fallenknighte

Is it intentional that we install the same Lanterns of Skyrim patch twice? Once in Vidid Weathers and again when we install the Vividian ENB. 

didn't realize they were the we just saw patch so we added it it get merge so big deal really.

Hello everyone, a belated  Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to one and all.

I have been reluctant to update my game as I have made significant progress, and don't wish to restart from scratch at this time, but wanted to clarify a few things.

Firstly, has the issue surrounding the Horker Display and use of CACO been fixed? Have tried turning off the feature in CACO for swapping materials, but the display still refuses to appear. The issue seems to be with the Horker Meat required.

Secondly, I am having an issue where a number of NPCs that are cosmetically changed by Bijin/Ordinary Women are not displaying. While not gamebreaking, its certainly distracting. I'm assuming that the changes applied through the NPC CR are not being carried forward into the Bashed Patch correctly, so some clarification on how I would fix this would be appreciated (via PM, if needed)

Thirdly, I am also using the mods from the Good Guys series - namely, Thieves Guild and Namira and Dark Brotherhood, and noticed mention of some manual editing needed in CR. Could I get some clarification there as well, please? (PM is fine - don't want to hijack, lol).

Lastly, I am using a mod that changes the way mannequins look, and it has always frustrated me that Breezehome is the only vanilla player home with no mannequin. I am thinking of using Breezehome - Fully Upgraded as I have used it many times before, but I appreciate that it might not exactly fit with this guide. Any suggestions on a fitting mod for Breezehome that includes a mannequin would be appreciated (currently consoling in a mannequin, but that has its own issues).

1st - Not been able to create the horker display so we ignored it.

2nd - the last mod that deals with NPCs is actually ASIS but I would check that you have order of you mod correctly in the left pane first. If they are correct check that ASIS and Bash patch are simlair.

3rd we don't use the Good Guys series so can't help there.

godescalcus sorry i misunderstood what you meant about the lighting...get it now, and don't see a problem with what you did....but as said i'm still learning the xedit myself lol. The guides you mentioned i have followed as well, as i have REGS: https://wiki.step-project.com/Pack:Explorers_Guide Etac towns/cities hand picked to fit with my Immersive citizens and layout. For this the esmify fix for navmeshes works as explained. But i found LOTD a problem loading in CK with all patches merged...CK spits its dummy out, bar once and i thought i had cracked it...but sadly no, missing cabinets and other things i can't remember off hand. I asked for help at LOTD and Sirjesto recommended to ignore navmeshes for the LOTD patch merged. Having said that, you may have better luck than me..ps i have to build my own LOTD merged patch to accommodate mods i use. As for PCE i wish it was in the guide...it is wonderful but understandably not to every bodies taste

Fallenknighte hi! Ok were to begin...thank you and seasonal and new year too you as well:

1. Same issue with horker display and had the same advise from icecreamassassin..still won't work..so either ask for help again on LOTD page or I'm going to look at an old LOTD caco patch and compare with present one and see if any differences or try and find the display id and try enable in game...though I'm no master at this kind of problem resolving

2. Lexy or Darth will need to advise here

3. Use the same mods..i loaded in a testing profile and used xedit to create merged patch and then look at what it addressed and how, made a note/s and then in game profile, copied what it addressed. Namira so far no issues found, the other two still to do, so not sure if the issues are addressed

4. Again use same mod, but you will need to use SPO - no homes - full version and use the lighting patch FROM Breezehome. You may have to change another mod in this guide(cannot remember off hand) in WB to point to SPO - No homes, but MO will flag it with red triangle...Last note on this Lexy/Nozzer have pointed out many times before, that it is YOUR GAME, you can add/remove mods as you wish, but to be aware issues need to be address yourself with those added or removed...Best regards

Here's a question for you all, it seems like every necromancer character I come across uses the same offensive spell. Lets take Anise for instance (the witch south of Riverwood), she also has this spell where its a green projectile that comes in bunches of 4 usually....or the npcs are casting it crazy fast. This spell is crazy strong and hard to fight especially at low levels. So Im curious if anyone else has seen this spell or not (I already looked up Anise in tesedit and no mod was listed as altering her).

Here's a question for you all, it seems like every necromancer character I come across uses the same offensive spell. Lets take Anise for instance (the witch south of Riverwood), she also has this spell where its a green projectile that comes in bunches of 4 usually....or the npcs are casting it crazy fast. This spell is crazy strong and hard to fight especially at low levels. So Im curious if anyone else has seen this spell or not (I already looked up Anise in tesedit and no mod was listed as altering her).

I found what it is!!! Its from Advanced Adversary Encounters - Ultimate Edition and the spell is called Primal Burst. My only gripe about this spell is that when I was play testing my old character I cleared out a cave of necromancers and EVERYONE of them had this spell, they also raised the dead and used wards too. But that fight was not only crazy hard :P but was a bit boring as only that one spell really was used.

I've decided for my next playthrough to try a step guide instead of just picking and choosing mods and playing from that. The problem I'm having is after following the "Prerequisites Page" I'm unable to enter the Helgen keep or load any saves before entering it. All caused a CTD, This is a fresh install of Skyrim.

Protect your People Updated to 1.3! Should I just use 1.2 just to be safe? Cause the old files are still there 

use 1.3

I found what it is!!! Its from Advanced Adversary Encounters - Ultimate Edition and the spell is called Primal Burst. My only gripe about this spell is that when I was play testing my old character I cleared out a cave of necromancers and EVERYONE of them had this spell, they also raised the dead and used wards too. But that fight was not only crazy hard :P but was a bit boring as only that one spell really was used.

ah yes that spell is freaking annoying I have died many time to it but never looked into what it was. You could always just delete that spell form AAE

I've decided for my next playthrough to try a step guide instead of just picking and choosing mods and playing from that. The problem I'm having is after following the "Prerequisites Page" I'm unable to enter the Helgen keep or load any saves before entering it. All caused a CTD, This is a fresh install of Skyrim.

interesting crashing at Helgen with no mods installed yet and i guess on a fresh save. then there a problem with your base setup cos that shouldn't happen did you setup BethINI correctly 

• +1 2

I had this problem, just go back to BethInI area and make sure it connects to your Mod Organizer Account to change your InI file.

Edited by TheLoneStar19
  • +1 1

I've reinstalled Skyrim to start new again. After following the "Prerequisites Page" and rechecking everything for BethInI i'm still CTD on a new save. Here is a copy of my Skyrim.ini and ShyrimPrefs.ini from Mod Organizer if this will help.

[spoiler=Skyrim.ini][Actor]
fVisibleNavmeshMoveDist=12288

[Archive]
bInvalidateOlderFiles=0
sInvalidationFile=ArchiveInvalidation.txt
sResourceArchiveList=Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Skyrim - Textures.bsa, Skyrim - Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsa
sResourceArchiveList2=EEN - MeshesLOD.bsa, EEN - Meshes.bsa, EEN - Music.bsa, EEN - Scripts.bsa, EEN - SoundFX.bsa, EEN - SoundVoice.bsa, EEN - SoundExtra.bsa, EEN - TexturesLOD.bsa, EEN - Textures1.bsa, EEN - Textures2.bsa, EEN - Textures3.bsa

[Audio]
fMenuModeFadeInTime=1.0
fMenuModeFadeOutTime=3.0
fMusicDuckingSeconds=6.0
fMusicUnDuckingSeconds=8.0

[Camera]
fMouseWheelZoomSpeed=10.00

[Combat]
f1PArrowTiltUpAngle=0.7
f1PBoltTiltUpAngle=0.7
f3PArrowTiltUpAngle=0.7
fMagnetismLookingMult=0.0
fMagnetismStrafeHeadingMult=0.0

[Controls]
fMouseHeadingSensitivityMax=0.0625
fMouseHeadingXScale=0.0200
fMouseHeadingYScale=0.8500

[Decals]
bDecals=1
uMaxSkinDecalPerActor=40
uMaxSkinDecals=50

[Display]
bAllowScreenshot=0
fDecalLifetime=300
fDefaultWorldFOV=85.00
fLightLODMaxStartFade=7250
fLightLODRange=33750
fShadowLODMaxStartFade=1000
fSpecularLODMaxStartFade=2000
fSunShadowUpdateTime=0
fSunUpdateThreshold=2
iPresentInterval=1

[General]
bAlwaysActive=0
bBackgroundLoadVMData=1
fFlickeringLightDistance=8192
sIntroSequence=
sLanguage=ENGLISH
uExterior Cell Buffer=36
uGridsToLoad=5

[GeneralWarnings]
SGeneralMasterMismatchWarning=One or more plugins could not find the correct versions of the master files they depend on. Errors may occur during load or game play. Check the "Warnings.txt" file for more information.

[Grass]
bGrassPointLighting=1
bAllowCreateGrass=1
bAllowLoadGrass=0
bDrawShaderGrass=1
fGrassFadeRange=13500
fGrassWindMagnitudeMax=125
fGrassWindMagnitudeMin=5
iGrassCellRadius=2
iMaxGrassTypesPerTexure=15
iMinGrassSize=60

[interface]