SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

Hey Johnnywatts, thanks for the tip - I was able to proceed much further.

You place the plugins that you want to merge at the BOTTOM of your load order after running LOOT. So yes, after AHZmoreHUD.esp in your case.

Merge Plugins requires the plugins to be sorted sequentially at the bottom. So run LOOT, manually sort your plugins at the bottom, then merge.

You really only select plugins you had previously merged if you're trying to add something else to the merge. If not, you don't have to select it.

In fact, you don't even have to select plugins that are irrelevant to what you're trying to merge. You only select the plugins you want to merge, plus their respective masters and dependencies.

Protip: Shift+click to select all the plugins you want to merge. Press space bar to check all their boxes in one go. Right click on the multiple plugins that are now checked. Click "Select Masters". It will auto-check all the necessary masters and dependencies for your merge, unless those masters/dependencies also have other masters/dependencies of their own.

In the latter case, the masters/dependencies you did not check will be highlighted in red. Just keep choosing the red plugins until the OK button is no longer greyed out (MP won't let you start merging until you have all of them selected).

AstyanGaming, thank you - that helped a lot and I was able to proceed.

Hello Pelleas, 

For merging plugins, it is recommended to do it at the end of the guide.

But in your case, You have to order your load order yourself before launch merge plugins.

• Lock Overhaul.esp 
  • GoOnAhead.esp 
  • AMatterOfTime.esp 
  • iHUD.esp 
  • Extended UI.esp 
  • Snotgurg Equipment HUD.esp 

When you start Merge plugins, you should already have this load order, and you just have to merge like the guide said.

Hello everyone,

I have reached the end of the Recipe and Stat Changers section. However, I am stuck with the amount of plugins / mods that I have installed. LOOT is reporting 255 active out of 258 plugins (please see attached screenshot).

post-12450-0-39991700-1520733709_thumb.jpg

Do I ignore that and keep installing till I reach end of guide? What happens to LOOT load order? Will it sort plugins even if they are not activated? I am trying to merge some esps but there are some dependent mods that come further down in the guide and I have to wait till I install them to do the final merge per the Merges page.

How do I proceed?

Thanks.

hey all, been a while. I've been on a break, visiting friends overseas and have only recently got back home to continue my playthrough. Still working on the load order prior to the last series of updates of mods. recently started going through the Companions questline and have run into a rather annoying issue during the Quest, Proving Honor.

Without too many spoilers (in the unlikely event that someone who has never played through this questline), I pull a certain lever, Farkas has a laught which is interrupted by a group of people. Farkas does his thing, and helps me out of my predicament. But as soon as tha happens, Skyrim goes completely unresponsive and has to forceclose. Have tried this many times, reloading from earlier saves, completely shutting down game, restarting PC, etc to no avail. The moment Farkas stops doing his thing... bamm game freezes to unresponsive.

Have managed to technically bypass it to complete the dungeon, but Farkas is stuck in his alter ego mode, which for obvious reasons means the trek back to and through Whiterun is gonna be, erm... interesting.

Any ideas?

Given the length of time I've been away and the amount that has been updated, I think I will just do a fresh install. A few minor annoyances (like building the wrong section in Lakeview Manor) were not necessarily game-halting. However, together with some other issues, despite the progress I had made, I feel that the best thing would be to start over.

Feel free to ignore my previous post, unless (the divines help us) it crops up again.

Almost done with all the downloads. With my sh*tty line, big downloads almost took me forever.

This guide is very good imo. Thanks to Alphakay questions and all the one who answered (yes, I read the forum back until Jan 2017), I learned a lot. Now I'm reading the FO4edit guide to help me understanding more.

My plan is to install everything first to get a stable game. Then make a new profile, use ordenator to downgrade most of the textures to 2k1k, change ENB to ICBINE 4 (depends on my laptop if it can run ENB smoothly then I leave this out), then put in some mods that I loved in.

After done, will report how it goes. Thanks to the handsome Darth_Marthias, the beautiful and sexy DarkladyLexy, and adorable Nozzer66 for this comprehensive guide. Love you all.. 😙

Edit: Fixing some typos

Edited by Shetashie

Hey all, so finally I am at the end - Conflict Resolution.

However, I am curious to know what needs to be done in this section. Do I need to go through the sub-guide and manually fix each error / conflict? In my case, I have intentionally skipped some mods. Please see screenshot below for the LOOT errors on SRLE Extended LoTD - Conflict Resolution.esp:

Can someone tell me what I should be doing? My instincts tell me that I should create dummy esps via Wrye Bash and then try to delete all error records via xEdit.

Thanks.

Well i noticed some changes on the LOTD Patch Central that hasn't been transferred to the merged one yet.

Will be updated soon or will u carry out the changes to the Conflict Resolution? :/ just asking  

I doubt there is will be update to LOTD Merge since Sirjesto usually deals with that and he has moved on to SSE now. I did realize the patch central had been updated if it no too many i guess i could forward the changes to the CR just need to find some time to take a look.

hey all, been a while. I've been on a break, visiting friends overseas and have only recently got back home to continue my playthrough. Still working on the load order prior to the last series of updates of mods. recently started going through the Companions questline and have run into a rather annoying issue during the Quest, Proving Honor.

Without too many spoilers (in the unlikely event that someone who has never played through this questline), I pull a certain lever, Farkas has a laught which is interrupted by a group of people. Farkas does his thing, and helps me out of my predicament. But as soon as tha happens, Skyrim goes completely unresponsive and has to forceclose. Have tried this many times, reloading from earlier saves, completely shutting down game, restarting PC, etc to no avail. The moment Farkas stops doing his thing... bamm game freezes to unresponsive.

Have managed to technically bypass it to complete the dungeon, but Farkas is stuck in his alter ego mode, which for obvious reasons means the trek back to and through Whiterun is gonna be, erm... interesting.

Any ideas?

well I have never had that happen before sound like a script not firing to me you either so back to a save from before you entered that dungeon and see if that fixes it. Or try and using the mod MCM troubleshooting section.

Hey all, so finally I am at the end - Conflict Resolution.

However, I am curious to know what needs to be done in this section. Do I need to go through the sub-guide and manually fix each error / conflict? In my case, I have intentionally skipped some mods. Please see screenshot below for the LOOT errors on SRLE Extended LoTD - Conflict Resolution.esp:

attachicon.gifConflict Resolution Errors.JPG

Can someone tell me what I should be doing? My instincts tell me that I should create dummy esps via Wrye Bash and then try to delete all error records via xEdit.

Thanks.

You instincts are correct, create dummies in Wrye Bash then manually remove the records. right at the bottom of the guide we give directions on how to "clean" the CR.

well I have never had that happen before sound like a script not firing to me you either so back to a save from before you entered that dungeon and see if that fixes it. Or try and using the mod MCM troubleshooting section.

My thoughts were the same, a script not firing. AFAIK, the only mod affecting that would be MT Essentials (I was running the load Order prior to the addition of MT SE. Reinstalled MT Essentials, ran LOOT, redid all my patches and even loaded a save before I even joined the Companions. About the only thing I didn't do was make myself like Farkas, to see if the scripts fired on me.

As said though, what with a few other minor issues and some mistakes in playthrough on my part, am reinstalling the load order from scratch as we speak (sucks as I had gotten pretty far, LotD wise - but thems the breaks ::D: ).

Hello Lexy,

Thanks for responding. I looked at the guide and need some help figuring it out - could not find the directions on how to clean at the bottom of the guide. The guide ends with section SRLE Extended LOTD - RS Children Patch.

Also, just taking an example here - but what does the following lines mean?

000131EF <DragonPriestRace>
  • Conflict Resolution: Use Record from Undeath.esp then move KWDA - Keywords from Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp
  • Problem Resolved: Changes from Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch and Undeath needed to be merged.

1. I mean, what does Use Record from xxxx mean?

2. How do you move stuff from one place to another?

3. Removing is straightforward enough, I right click and hit Remove and confirm on yes on a specific record.

Sorry - I am not very familiar with xEdit.

Thanks.

P.S: In all my posts so far, I have been referencing the SRLE Extended LOTD guide and not the Special Edition version of that.

You instincts are correct, create dummies in Wrye Bash then manually remove the records. right at the bottom of the guide we give directions on how to "clean" the CR.

Hello Lexy,

Thanks for responding. I looked at the guide and need some help figuring it out - could not find the directions on how to clean at the bottom of the guide. The guide ends with section SRLE Extended LOTD - RS Children Patch.

Also, just taking an example here - but what does the following lines mean?

000131EF
  • Conflict Resolution: Use Record from Undeath.esp then move KWDA - Keywords from Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp
  • Problem Resolved: Changes from Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch and Undeath needed to be merged.

1. I mean, what does Use Record from xxxx mean?

2. How do you move stuff from one place to another?

3. Removing is straightforward enough, I right click and hit Remove and confirm on yes on a specific record.

Sorry - I am not very familiar with xEdit.

Thanks.

P.S: In all my posts so far, I have been referencing the SRLE Extended LOTD guide and not the Special Edition version of that.

ahh I take it you are looking the CR Sub guide you do realize that is very old and out of date and only there now for reference? the part of was referring to is at the bottom of the main guide:

Troubleshooting Wyre Bash Create Dummies (Uses this method if you do not have the esp plugin downloaded)

Use this method to create dummies of plugins you wish to remove from the premade Conflcit Resolution.

1. Load Wrye Bash click on the CR and select File->Create dummy esps (this will create fake esps for what you are missing and place them into the overwrite folder).
  2. Load TES5edit with only SRLE Extended LOTD - Conflict Resolution.esp Selected wait until backgound loader has finished.
  3. Right click on SRLE Extended LOTD - Conflict Resolution.esp and check for errors.
  4. Remove the records that are broken from SRLE Extended LOTD - Conflict Resolution.esp (they will show after checking for errors).
  5. Save and Exit.
  6. Load SRLE Extended LOTD - Conflict Resolution.esp again in TES5Edit and then clean masters once done save and exit.
  7. Remove Fake plugins fron the overwrite folder.

but to answer your questions

1. in xedit you left of the record you want to copy into a new esp and right click "copy as overwrite into" (this will then let create a new plugin or using a exisitng oplugin.

2. just drag and drop the keyword int the new esp.

3. yes to removed right click and hit Remove and confirm on yes on a specific record.