SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

Hey All,

Been lurking on this forum since I found out about SRLE: LoTD. I've been slowly installing the guide, but have a few questions about potential conflicts with some extra mods I want to add. Sorry if you've gotten these before, but I haven't found definitive answers in the forum or the guides. Thanks in advance.

I want to use two mods that use General Stores (Dragon Soul Disciple II and Grey Haven). From what I understand, General Stores used to be in this guide, but was removed. I assume that is because both it and LoTD both use autosorting. Does that mean General Stores cannot be used with LoTD? Or would I just need to do a bit of conflict resolution? If the former, could I forego installing the LoTD autosorting without messing up the rest of the guide?

I believe Dragon Soul Disciple II also "adds" a perk tree, which I think means it had to alter the existing perk trees. I've also heard that this causes a lot of potential conflicts, particularly with mods like Ordinator. Could I just load this mod after Ordinator, or would I be asking for trouble? Could I forego Ordinator without messing up the rest of the guide?

Finally, I am not aware of specific reasons why the following mods would conflict, but figured I'd ask anyway.

Arissa Customizer (NSFW Images) (I've read that Arissa is fine; don't know about the customizer).

Draw or JanusForbeares

Melt Down Everything

Order My Items

Signature Equipment

Sleep to Gain Experience

Suit up (Seems like this was on the test list, but I don't know if it's been done. Some talk about whether it's necessary)

The Honored Dead (All it says is that it conflicts with Touring Carriages, but I think a lot of mods do that)

VortigernBede hi! This guide at present has come to a halt, in the sense that it, has stopped being updated, adding to and being maintained...largely due to the fact that most Skyrim players have moved on to Skyrim SE on x64 bit platform, that is more stable etc. Having said that, the authors of the guide have always maintained that the guide is simply that....A GUIDE. It's your game to use the guide as you see fit, to subtract from or add to. The only rule though, is that you will need to resolve an conflicts yourself. The guide as it stands is stable with all (or at least should be) conflicts resolve as is. Your best bet with LOTD v General stores is ask on the LOTD patch central page, on advise regarding the playing together...i sort of remember something along the line of what you have stated about autosorting, but they would be best to ask. With the other mods, most will have known conflicting mods on their web page..I'm sure you know this. So try creating a new profile in MO called test game, and enable the mods from the guide you wish to use, and add one new mod at a time and check for conflicts in xedit, it LOOT position and then try the mod in game. If all is well then the next etc, until you are happy, then go back to your main game profile and start a new game with those mods chosen. Off the top of my head i think there will be a conflict of interest with Signature Equipment, and The Great Equalizer...one scales you weapons up with your character, the other levels all weapons of like equal...though with TGE you can make a mod an exception as can be read on it's web page. Any way happy modding..PS responses here may be slow due to the reason mentioned above

RandolphCarter hi! 40px-Warning-Logo.png Warning: THIS GUIDE IS NO LONGER BEING MAINTAINED OR IN ACTIVE DEVELOPMENT FOR REFERENCE PURPOSES ONLY, as this warning is found on the top of the guides page, it explains why there will be mods out of date. As is, the guide is stable with conflicts resolved. If you update xp32 Maximum Skeleton Extended to the latest version or any other mods, you will have to do your own conflict patching. If you just wish to play and experience this guide, follow it as is, if you do not feel confident to fix problems yourself. Most Skyrim players have now moved on to the x64 bit Skyrim SE, and Lexy has a guide out based on this guide largely....https://wiki.step-project.com/User:DarkladyLexy/Lexys_LOTD_SE. The options should be pretty much the same, however i have not seen the newer version to say with certainty

VortigernBede hi! This guide at present has come to a halt, in the sense that it, has stopped being updated, adding to and being maintained...largely due to the fact that most Skyrim players have moved on to Skyrim SE on x64 bit platform, that is more stable etc. Having said that, the authors of the guide have always maintained that the guide is simply that....A GUIDE. It's your game to use the guide as you see fit, to subtract from or add to. The only rule though, is that you will need to resolve an conflicts yourself. The guide as it stands is stable with all (or at least should be) conflicts resolve as is. Your best bet with LOTD v General stores is ask on the LOTD patch central page, on advise regarding the playing together...i sort of remember something along the line of what you have stated about autosorting, but they would be best to ask. With the other mods, most will have known conflicting mods on their web page..I'm sure you know this. So try creating a new profile in MO called test game, and enable the mods from the guide you wish to use, and add one new mod at a time and check for conflicts in xedit, it LOOT position and then try the mod in game. If all is well then the next etc, until you are happy, then go back to your main game profile and start a new game with those mods chosen. Off the top of my head i think there will be a conflict of interest with Signature Equipment, and The Great Equalizer...one scales you weapons up with your character, the other levels all weapons of like equal...though with TGE you can make a mod an exception as can be read on it's web page. Any way happy modding..PS responses here may be slow due to the reason mentioned above

Hi berndaroy,

Thank you for getting back to me, and for the thorough reply. I realized that Lexy had started a SSE guide, but was scared away from it by the "Testers and Experienced Modders" warning. I'm no stranger to modding, but don't have as much time as I used to (thus going for the pre-tested, stable guide here).

I appreciate the tip regarding asking around in the LOTD Patch Central. I'll see what I can find out about General Stores there.

Regarding Signature Equipment- that makes sense. I'll look into that when the time comes. TBH, most of why I'm interested in that mod is buffing unarmed damage as I use it (i.e., developing expertise), so I can go without it if it ends up being a problem.

For the others, for now I'll cross my fingers and start testing them when I finish this guide. Unfortunately, none of them have compatibility info on the mod pages that applies here. If incompatibilities exist, hopefully I'll be able to fix them. 

Finally, a question: I know this guide is no longer being actively maintained. Does that mean that I shouldn't bother posting here anymore? It seems like the forums were fairly active as recently as a few weeks ago. However, if the gurus want to move on and stop thinking about this guide, I understand.

Thanks again.

Edited: Typos; added parenthetical.

Edited by VortigernBede

Finally, a question: I know this guide is no longer being actively maintained. Does that mean that I shouldn't bother posting here anymore?

VortigernBede Hi! No, if i remember Darth has said that there will still be answers to query's, but the response may not be as often or forthcoming as it was whilst the guide was still active...it is his baby after all lol. At present he is away with the family on holiday, and I'm sure there will be people still popping in from time to time. In terms of Lexy's guide, the beta testing is now largely redundant, as most of the mods to be in the guide are now in, bar a few well known authors mods, that still need to be ported to SE...and by all accounts its pretty stable and people are loving it. Personally i haven't started yet, as i built a new game mid Christmas on this guide, and am determined to complete a full run through, and not be sucked into the other game of "NON STOP MODDING". So for me i still have to do Skyrim Underground and Beyond Reach on my build...yes not on this guide, and then i will seriously get to modding SE...and yes it will be a stretch, new things to learn etc, but if we don't try we will never learn to expand our gaming knowledge.....any way best of luck ::):

bare in mind Darth guide is no longer being maintained and most have switched to my SSE version I still do consider mine a Beta and for experienced modders. However, we had brand new modders using it but also bare in mind now Kryptopyr has dropped some of her mods the SSE version will be undergoing a major overhaul in the coming week/months. I will look at it next week after I am home form my holiday.

• 3 weeks later...

I noticed a missing texture on the coffin latches in the Markarth Hall of the Dead. The mesh is provided by the “SRLE LOTD - Custom Fixes†patch installed at the end of the guide, and points to a texture I don’t have: textures\architecture\markarth\dweColm01.dds.

Could someone with the guide installed do a quick search for this texture in their mod folder and let me know which mod it comes from? I must have installed it incorrectly. Thanks!

I've followed the main STEP guide a few times but just got a slightly beefier graphics card so I'd figure I'd followed the SR:LE LotD guide. I made it to the world expansion section, and noticed that Undeath Classical Lichdom v6.80 is not available.

Out of curiosity, is it okay to skip that step in the guide? Not sure if there is a patch later on that depends on that mod as a master. Or, alternatively, would someone be able to PM me with a link to a copy? Not sure if that's allowed or not, so if not, no worries. I'm just really excited for being able to play again!

Hi all, sorry I've been so delayed in responding. We were showing our house and the realtor relegated my gaming PC to storage. Something about a giant, flashy gaming rig weirding out potential buyers.

berndaroy, thanks for your continued help. I hope your playthrough is going well.

bare in mind Darth guide is no longer being maintained and most have switched to my SSE version I still do consider mine a Beta and for experienced modders. However, we had brand new modders using it but also bare in mind now Kryptopyr has dropped some of her mods the SSE version will be undergoing a major overhaul in the coming week/months. I will look at it next week after I am home form my holiday.

DarkladyLexy, thanks for jumping in. SSE is getting more and more tempting and your guide is tempting on top of that, but one of my main role-playing mods, Dragon Soul II, hasn't been brought over to SSE. I'll be excited to watch over your progress though, in case I mess up the legacy version.

FYI, I did manage to connect with memnochs, who gave me some information about using LotD with General Stores. Apparently conflicts only arise in the LotD museum, and can be solved without much difficulty. So I'm going forward with it.

Xuroth- Interestingly enough, that's exactly where I left off in the guide. Unfortunately I haven't found Undeath Classical Lichdom either, but am going to try installing without it. I will report back on how it goes, but getting through the guide is going to take me a long time. If you find anything helpful, I wouldn't mind hearing about it.

• 2 weeks later...

The author of Undeath Classical Lichdom is implying some major changesto the mod. This my make the whole SRLE guide unusuable due to the guide no longer being maintained.

Undeath Classical Lichdom Authors note from Nexus site.

The reason given by the author is: Maintenance. Stripped Immersive Lichdom dependency and fixed code; will release new version soon. Im still not happy with the design mechanics of the mod

I've gone ahead and skipped that mod in my list. Also, I did not clean Undeath.esp since the cleaning guide seems to be based on the assumption you have Classical Lichdom and it may even be required for cleaning. I can confirm so far, everything seems to be working. Had a little trouble with DYNDOLOD at first, but got it fixed.

Also, if anyone seems to have missing textures for clothing, I reinstalled Clothing & Clutter Fixes and selected ONLY the textures/clothes folder, then merged it into CCF. For some reason, despite the guide instructions, Rustic Clothing did not have the clothing textures for several robes and bits of armor with fur. Perhaps I DL the wrong version of Rustic Clothing, but afterwards everything seemed fixed.

Added some other mods on top of the guide, merged some extra UI mods into the HUD merged plug in, and it cooks along just fine!

Kind of a random question, but I don't know where else to ask. Anybody know which mod in the guide adds random puppies that follow you around? Mainly Whiterun and Solitude from what I've noticed. Can't talk to them or interact, just keep following, barking, whining. Kinda annoying, lol. But I don't know which mod is causing it, or what for. I could just kill them to solve the problem, but I'm curious where it's coming from. Definitely wasn't in vanilla. Any ideas?