All Grey Screen with no Freeze

Spartacusds

Question

As seen in the screen shots, my screen goes completely Grey with the exception of the  ancillary readers and lists.  The game play continues in the background.  I hear it all of the text and fighting (if any) but the cursor does not move the screen point of view (the compass does not move when I move the mouse).  As seen in screen shot 2, the keyboard is still active.  I can quit the game or even go in and load last save.  When I go in and load last save the Grey Screen goes away and normal game play resumes ..... until it goes grey again. If I hit ESC and try to go to maps it crashes. 

The Grey screen is happening sooner and sooner.  At first it would happen after 45 or so minutes of game play now it is happening within 5 minutes.  I have no issues on any other game or video, it just happens when I play Skyrim.  It started about a month ago.  I have disabled all mods and it still seems to happen.  It does not happen when anything specific is happening.  It has gone grey when sneaking through a cave and also when fighting a dragon, I can not seem to find any trigger.

I use mod Organizer, but just recently switched to it from NMM because of this issue (I was hoping it could help, it did not).  Compared to many, I am not very mod heavy.

I am running Windows 10 (64 bit)

Intel i7-3770T CPU @ 2.50 GHz

Amd Radeon HD 7800 M Series Graphics card with 16.6.2 Crimson software.

8 Gigs of Memory  with 1024 mb

Enblocal

[PROXY]
EnableProxyLibrary=false
InitProxyFunctions=true
ProxyLibrary=other_d3d9.dll

[GLOBAL]
UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=True
UseDefferedRendering=False
IgnoreCreationKit=true

[PERFORMANCE]
SpeedHack=true
EnableOcclusionCulling=true

[MEMORY]
ExpandSystemMemoryX64=True
ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=False
DisableDriverMemoryManager=false
DisablePreloadToVRAM=false
EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks=false
ReservedMemorySizeMb=512
VideoMemorySizeMb=4000
EnableCompression=True
AutodetectVideoMemorySize=false

[THREADS]
DataSyncMode=0
PriorityMode=0
EnableUnsafeFixes=false

[MULTIHEAD]
ForceVideoAdapterIndex=false
VideoAdapterIndex=0

[WINDOW]
ForceBorderless=true
ForceBorderlessFullscreen=true

[ENGINE]
ForceAnisotropicFiltering=true
MaxAnisotropy=16
ForceLodBias=false
LodBias=0.0
AddDisplaySuperSamplingResolutions=false
EnableVSync=true
VSyncSkipNumFrames=1

[LIMITER]
WaitBusyRenderer=false
EnableFPSLimit=false
FPSLimit=60.0

[iNPUT]
//shift
KeyCombination=16
//f12

MODS
I am running SKSE and ENB
Picture attached.

Thank you in advance for any help, this is getting very frustrating.  I have tried many different thing but to no avail.

[] 

post-9768-0-99276900-1468863843_thumb.jpg

post-9768-0-72127100-1468863900_thumb.jpg

post-9768-0-90114800-1468864630_thumb.jpg

Edited by Greg
Added spoiler tags

• Answers 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

Thanks for your help.

I have Tried ExpandSystemMemoryX64=True and I have changed it to False (depending on who's fix advice I have followed) and neither seems to make a difference.

Same thing with RMS of 512.  Different fixes say to set it at different levels, I have tried many different settings.  What have you found that works?

I don't know where the Memory block log is now that I have moved over to MO from NMM.  Can you tell me?

Can I insert a pic into a response?

Total Available Graphics Memory 5099 MB

Dedicated Video Memory 1024 MB

System Video Memory 0 MB

Shared System Memory 4075 MB

Graphics Card Manufacturer - Powered by AMD

Graphics Chipset - AMD Radeon HD 7800M Series

Device ID - 6827

Vendor ID - 1002

SubSystem ID - B091

SubSystem Vendor ID - 144D

Revision ID - 00

Bus Type - PCI Express 2.0

Current Bus Settings - PCI Express 2.0 x16

BIOS Version - 015.037.000.002

BIOS Part Number - BR42890.F10

BIOS Date - 2013/10/21 06:24

Memory Size - 1024 MB

Memory Type - HyperMemory

Memory Clock - 1000 MHz

Core Clock - 675 MHz

Total Memory Bandwidth - Not Available

2D Driver File Path - /REGISTRY/MACHINE/SYSTEM/ControlSet001/Control/Class/{4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}/0000

Ok, found it I think.

logging of blocks enabled
logging max values only
Timer disabled
Block1 Block2
512MB 256MB
85 8
85 8
85 9
85 10
85 11
85 12
85 13
85 14
85 15
85 16
85 17
85 18
85 19
85 20
85 21
85 22
85 23
85 24
85 25
85 26
85 27
85 28
85 29
85 30
85 31
85 32
85 33
85 34
85 35
85 36
85 37
85 38
85 39

Edited by Greg
Added spoiler tags

I've switched away from the Sheson/SKSE memory patch to meh321/Sheson Crash Fixes so I'm working from memory but the memory log does not look right so, what is the path to your skse.ini and what are the settings in it.

EDIT: to correct spelling

Edited by Joat_Mon

According to that ramsize test I have 4064 MB Video Memory which is why I have VMS set to 4000.  

I changed ESM64 to false and ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=True (from what I have read this has to be done please correct me if I'm wrong)  Then I put RMS at 64 (little to no stuttering at 64 so I did not try 128).

I was able to play for 13 min (before that change it was at about 5 min)

before getting the Gray Screen but it did not just give me the gray screen, it went gray then Crashed to Desktop.  When it crashed I was at the college selling merchandise to Enthir.

Edited by Spartacusds

As an FYI if this makes any difference ... 

I also seem to have a delay in my game.  If I hit someone with a Soul Weapon and kill them, I don't seem to collect their soul for 5 to 10 min.  It just shows up.  The same thing happens when I kill a dragon.  After that last change I fought a dragon just after the I started and by the time it crashed (some 10 min later or so) I still had not collected the soul.  There is also a delay, although not quite as long, when I go the the next phase of a quest.  Let's say I got an item for the thieves guild and I give it to the person, I go through the dialog with them but do not get my $$ nor does the quest update for a few minutes.

That's probably the problem, that .ini should be at some thing like common\Skyrim\Mod Organizer\mods\skse 1 07 03\SKSE depending on how you installed, definitely should not be in SKSEScripts.

As an FYI if this makes any difference ... 

I also seem to have a delay in my game.  If I hit someone with a Soul Weapon and kill them, I don't seem to collect their soul for 5 to 10 min.  It just shows up.  The same thing happens when I kill a dragon.  After that last change I fought a dragon just after the I started and by the time it crashed (some 10 min later or so) I still had not collected the soul.  There is also a delay, although not quite as long, when I go the the next phase of a quest.  Let's say I got an item for the thieves guild and I give it to the person, I go through the dialog with them but do not get my $$ nor does the quest update for a few minutes.

This is also telling me that SKSE is setup wrong.

Edited by Joat_Mon

After changing to 1064 lasted about 14 min before Grey Screen but did not CTD.

I have to go pick up my son.  I'll look into that after I get back.  I believe I did the Automatic load After I did the switch to MO but it was doing it when I was still using NMM as well.

Thank you for your help so far.  I appreciate it.  I'll post my results after I get back.

Please post your SkyrimPrefs.ini as well and make sure you have SKSE set up according to the instructions on the mod page from the STEP Guide.

Yes, except his mod load isn't anything like STEP and it sounds like he ported over from NMM to MO and brought his problems along.

My next suggestion, so he does not leave a lot of gotchas, would be to start over using the STEP Core guide.