78 replies to this topic

#16 Joat_Mon

Joat_Mon

Guard

• Guests
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 06:27 PM

Please post your SkyrimPrefs.ini as well and make sure you have SKSE set up according to the instructions on the mod page from the STEP Guide.

Yes, except his mod load isn't anything like STEP and it sounds like he ported over from NMM to MO and brought his problems along.

My next suggestion, so he does not leave a lot of gotchas, would be to start over using the STEP Core guide.

#17 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,623 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 06:41 PM

Doesn't matter. Our mod page that I linked above will still get him set up correctly for any modding setup using MO, not just STEP.

#18 Joat_Mon

Joat_Mon

Guard

• Guests
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 06:51 PM

I apologize TechAngel85, I did not see your link when I posted. I'll step out and let you finish this.

#19 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,623 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 07:00 PM

I apologize TechAngel85, I did not see your link when I posted. I'll step out and let you finish this.

By all means, continue! :^_^: I was just pointing him to a source of information he could use to reference how SKSE should be set up within MO.

#20 Spartacusds

Spartacusds

Prisoner

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 02:19 PM

Good Afternoon.  Sorry for the delay, life got in the way.

TechAngel85, thanks.  I have gone ahead and reinstalled SKSE correctly and in the appropriate folders.  For some reason in MO the new SKSE Scripts - 1.7.3 folder I created is flagged as no "no valid game data"  But skyrim launches perfectly (still get the grey screen) and I have verified that the game data is indeed in that folder.

Here is Skyrim Prefs

Please use spoiler tags for large blocks of text like ini files.

Edited by Greg, 23 July 2016 - 04:02 PM.
Added spoiler tags

#21 Spartacusds

Spartacusds

Prisoner

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 02:55 PM

Ok, got the no valid data thing solved .... stupid error on my part.

#22 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • 12,623 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 05:37 PM

Your graphics card is not listed in the INI. That could be one issue. I'll have to look at it closer when I'm not at work.

You might want to download and run SpINI to clean up your INIs.

#23 Spartacusds

Spartacusds

Prisoner

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 05:40 PM

Ok, so after refreshing the SKSE I was able to play for almost 50 Min, before getting the gray screen.  I still had the game delay ... finished wiping out the silverhand and got the shards, but as of 10 min later the quest had still not updated.  I was in a nearby mine when I got the grey screen.  It won't let me mine either ... well, let me correct that, I try to mine but it does not do it right away, it is on a delay as well.  I can loot bodies and get the material right away just not other things.

Thanks TechAngel85, I'll give that a shot.

#24 Spartacusds

Spartacusds

Prisoner

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 03:38 PM

Ok, I did that, thanks.

Everytime skyrim shutsdown, from a crash or even if I do it, I get a SKSE folder error in Mod Organizer.  Any thoughts?

#25 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • 12,623 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 03:46 PM

Does you're SKSE mod in MO look like this?

SKSEin_MO.jpg

#26 Spartacusds

Spartacusds

Prisoner

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 12:21 PM

close, instead of 

>Scripts

>Skse

I have 

> Data

>Scripts

>Skse

But everything else is the same.

#27 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • 12,623 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 12:47 PM

You don't ever need to include a "data" folder for mods in MO because it is inferred. So really what you have is "data> data> scripts..." Make it look like the screenshot without the data folder and you'll have the folder structure correct.

#28 Spartacusds

Spartacusds

Prisoner

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 03:10 PM

So I moved the Scripts folder from what it looked like before

>Skyrim>Data>Scripts

To just this using file Explorer

>Skyrim>Scripts

But MO is not refreshing to the new location.  When I hit "Refresh" in MO it still says the same thing.  When I start Skyrim, it starts but gives me an error saying the SKSE is not properly installed.

#29 Greg

Greg

Dragon Prince

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,019 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 04:42 PM

Are you using Mod Organizer? It seems to me that you're looking in the Steam/SteamApps/common/Skyrim/Data folder and you should not have SKSE installed in the Skyrim/Data folder at all. SKSE should be installed as a mod in Mod Organizer.

#30 Spartacusds

Spartacusds

Prisoner

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 04:55 PM

Ok, so I have never been accused of being the sharpest tool in the box (obviously)

I went back and watched the install vid I used for SKSE and saw that I was moving around an old file from a previously failed attempt at installing SKSE.

I did it properly this time and it worked as it should.  I have not played the game long enough to see if this solves the Grey screen error, but I will let you know.

I really appreciate the help!

Yup Greg, that was exactly it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users