LOD issue/possible fix

Skadi

Question

I recently updated SRLE again after a couple of months and since then Noble Skyrim has replaced SRO. What I noticed, after running DynDoLod, was that the LOD for the Whiterun area buildings had the old yellow/green roofs, then swapped to the more brown/grey ones from Noble Skyrim when I got closer. 

adW9vUQ.jpg

I looked through the files and couldn't find anything obviously conflicting in them, so I was at a loss. Then I did some searching and found HD LOD Buildings from the Noble Skyrim page and tried it out. This was the result.

e8gnKmk.jpg

Appropriate colors and everything. 

Now, what I want to know is this: am I the only one with the original issue? Was it some installation failure on my part? The Noble Skyrim page indicates that there's a lack of LOD for the mod... or at least there was until HD-LOD Buildings came out. DyDoLod seemed to pick up the original LODs in any case, which is something I never noticed until SRO was gone. 

• +1 1

6 answers to this question

Nice find! :-)

Nope, that is an issue everyone has, I'm pretty sure.

In the SR:LE known issues, Neo states:

• Noble Skyrim does not provide building LOD textures and therefore not all building LODs will 100% match up. The author is potentially looking at fixing this in the next version.

I don't think anyone has known about this fix until now. Nice!

Edit: Did you just use the main file?

Also, it mentions Rustic Windows...did you use it as well?

Awesome. Take this as a mod suggestion then. The LOD is nice, but requires a larger tile size when generating, btw. I used the 1k option, and so I made the tile size 1k and everything went smoothly. 

I was just answering about that. 

Yeah, I just used the 1k main file. You could use the 512 option and not change tile size. I didn't mess with the windows, as I was focused on the main issue I was having. Looks like it uses Rustic Windows as a base, but I didn't notice an immediate difference in that. 

:-) This is great. That was my one gripe about Noble Skyrim.

Edit: OK, from the posts page on Nexus it sounds like max tile size will just reduce the texture size when generating DynDOLOD if you use a higher texture. So if you want to keep 1024, raise it to that. If you want to keep 512, doesn't matter. And TexGen won't touch this, so it doesn't matter for that.

Sheson recommends on DynDOLOD page to load this after DynDOLOD Resources but before the TexGen files (for future-proofing).