which mods can I tweak to fix 2 bugs?

siltsunrise

Question

Hi, I installed the entire STEP shebang, and wonder what I can do to fix two annoying issues. I have no idea which mod may have caused this...or if it's a vanilla issue.

Stealth bow shots give a ridiculous 20x multiplier now. Just ridiculous, methinks. An arrow is an arrow. Not 20 arrows.

Enemies literally stand next to my low level character and can't see her in broad daylight. I can open a chest 10 feet from a dude, and loot his ****, and he doesn't hear a thing. My stealth is just 32 or something, but even at 100, this is just retarded.

Any idea what I can tweak or disable to make this a bit more realistic? 

Thanks for any advice!

2 answers to this question

This is primarily an issue with the vanilla stealth system. I've had bandits and draugr literally bump right into me and they still don't see me standing there. If you want something a little more realistic, you might consider installing Stealth Skills Rebalanced (Basic Version) at the bottom of the Gameplay section (just after Even Better Quest Objectives). Feel free to follow the discussion on Stealth Skills Rebalanced and provide your thoughts on it if you decide to use it. I used the basic version in my last testing play through and loved it and I have the full version installed for a new testing play through -- although I haven't gotten much past Whiterun on this one yet. I think you should rebuild the bashed patch after installing this mod.

I don't remember getting a 20x stealth multiplier with bows, although the vanilla game does make most weapons feel overpowered when playing adept level. I know there are quite a few mods available that help make this a bit more realistic, but I haven't gotten into these mods yet.