nVidia "Limited" Dynamic Range

hishutup

Usually a good starting point for the display is:

Contrast max

Brightness half

Color half

Sharpness half or none (you will see which setting is right)

Colour Temp Warm

Gamma 2.2

Every other feature off

That are usually the settings where your display does nothing to the image. Gamma is usually the only thing easily calibrated via test images. Everything further requires a colorimeter and display electronics that do not loose bits when calibrating color. For the average end user with a decent display color calibration is not really needed.

mmmm changing this causes my graphic driver to eventually crash and making totally unresponsive I have had to reinstall the driver a few times now.

That doesn't make any sense because it's not really a "tweak", limited can be considered a "tweak" though

India could've borked something though

That doesn't make any sense because it's not really a "tweak", limited can be considered a "tweak" though

India could've borked something though

yeah think some was bonked with one of the updates for me I've uninstalled everything a reinstalled all the latest stuff and so far no crash.

I *think* if you use DVI then you probably don't need to adjust dynamic range in the nvidia control panel for general/gaming applications. For video to display the full colour range you may still need to set it to full range as per the OP's instructions. It depends on what software you use for video playback. Years ago I always had to set it to full range for video to display correctly, but nowadays it doesn't seem necessary (and I have a HTPC thats used for blu-ray and TV). I even found that having it set to full range was causing some colour issues with certain WMV videos. Basically.. YMMV.

If you use HDMI then like someone above said.. you probably do need to set it to full range.