Merge Plugins Crashing

canadus

Question

hi everyone... hmm have some strange problems with the merge plugins program,.

every time i try to make a merge,,, it crash,,, it makes the merge ,,, but looks like it dont copy all the files over,,,

anyone have tried that problem and found a fix ??

cheers

Canadus

hi everyone... hmm have some strange problems with the merge plugins program,.

every time i try to make a merge,,, it crash,,, it makes the merge ,,, but looks like it dont copy all the files over,,,

anyone have tried that problem and found a fix ??

cheers

Canadus

Try and exit MO then do again the merge

hi mavanaic

thanks for your advice, no luck

i have also Ben trying setting all .exe files to run as admin,, and tried different compatibility modes, nothing works, and it is no matter what merge i try.

it looks like it is when the merger try to copy some files,, then it crashes..

any more ideas ??

'

cheers

Canadus

hi mavanaic

thanks for your advice, no luck

i have also Ben trying setting all .exe files to run as admin,, and tried different compatibility modes, nothing works, and it is no matter what merge i try.

it looks like it is when the merger try to copy some files,, then it crashes..

any more ideas ??

'

cheers

Canadus

Try and wait several seconds after the merge is completed before you close the dialogue window for the merge.

I noticed when merging, it will say that it only takes maybe a second or two, but there will be a command prompt window open while it is copying assets, which takes longer.

The only time I have ever had Merge Plugins crash was when I closed it when that command prompt window was still open.

hi there.

well here is what happens,

when i start the merge i get a "dos window" and at the same time a windows error box saying it needs to close the program " the dos window",, even if i just wait nothing happens,,

when i close the window another one pops up,, and needs to be closed the same way.. then the merge program say merge complete saving,, and done :P

but the new merge is missing all the files,,, except the new .esp ,, so it looks like it is the file copy operation "dos window" that somehow fail, "crash"

cheers

canadus

Hmm, open Merge Plugins and check that it is set up correctly per Neo's guide.

But the main reason you want to be there is on the Merging tab of the setup dialogue, there is a "verify file access" button. Click it and see if it says everything is OK.

I think you have a permissions issue maybe.

hi again

the "verify file access" button say all ok.... full access.  i tried waiting for a little over 1 hour for the "dos window" to go away,,, nothing happened,,,

i think you may be right about the file access rights though,,,, Ben following the setup guide to the letter,, 5 times now :P

thanks for your tips though its appreciated

cheers

Canadus :)

Are you running as an administrator...If everything it's okay in the Standalone you could try and disable the UAC (User Account Control) in Windows and see what happens..also restart MO before the merge

Edited by mavanaic

here is the log from my merge

Handling assets
  Handling assets for Bathing in Skyrim - Main.esp
    Handling MCM translation files
      Copying MCM translation "Bathing in Skyrim - Main_ENGLISH.txt"
      Copying MCM translation "Bathing in Skyrim - Main_GERMAN.txt"
    Handling script fragments
    Copied 23 general scripts
    Copying general assets from C:\Games\Mod Organizer\mods\Bathing in Skyrim
  Handling assets for Bathing In Skyrim - Followers Only.esp
    Copying general assets from C:\Games\Mod Organizer\mods\Bathing patch
  Handling assets for Bathing in Skyrim - Realistic Room Rental.esp
  Handling assets for CACO_Bathing in Skyrim.esp
    Copying general assets from C:\Games\Mod Organizer\mods\CACO Soaps for Bathing in Skyrim

Decompiling scripts
    Decompiling 3 scripts
  No files found matching C:\Games\Skyrim Tools\MergePlugins\temp\pex\*.pex

now its waiting for the "dos windows" while i have another windows saying it have stooped working and needs to close.

i run everything as administrator and dont use uac "totally disabled"

cheers

Canadus

Nothing should be run as administrator. Not MO, not Merge Plugins, none of it.

Just make sure Steam, MO and Merge Plugins are outside of Program Files.

It could be an issue with everything being run as administrator that one of the programs doesn't have rights to talk to the other.

Nothing should be run as administrator. Not MO, not Merge Plugins, none of it.

Just make sure Steam, MO and Merge Plugins are outside of Program Files.

It could be an issue with everything being run as administrator that one of the programs doesn't have rights to talk to the other.

none of the programs are in "program files"..    think i may have to reinstall my computer,,, Ben converting from win 7 to win 10 and have other strange issues to.

damn just as i was about to finish my install,,, any way i can "keep" my MO install so i dont have to go through it all again ??

cheers

canadus

Yep, back it up to an external hard drive.

That is what I just did. I had to do a clean Win 10 install as well after some things got screwed up.

so after reinstall of windows and skyrim i can just " copy it all back" and it works ??

Yeah, it should work fine, for the most part. When I did it I put it back in the exact same spot. (D:/Games/Skyrim Utilities)

You will still need to download Skyrim and the CK, and run them at least once outside of MO.

You will need to fix the CK again.

You will need to download ENB, SKSE and the SKSE plugin preloader again and install them. Your ENBLocal values will be different on Win10, so check out Neo's recommendation and set it up properly.

Anything that runs from an installer, like LOOT (and depending on the version you chose, maybe Wrye Bash) should be deleted from your backup and reinstalled.

Remember to get 32-bit and 64-bit Java again. In MO you will need to point SUM to the new Java location.

You may need the DX9 runtimes as they don't all come with a clean Win 10 install. They are here. Running the first .exe file will extract them to a folder you want. Then open that folder and run dxsetup.exe.