Crashing at Vanilla Start

intrepid70

Question

I think this guide is great.  I've gone through and double checked all my installations.  

I can make a new character.  Customize said character.  Start vanilla game, select the option from the statue, wait for every MCM menu to load, go to the bed, click E, the screen goes blank like it's loading then crash to desktop.  Once back in can't continue the game, just CTDs instantly.  Have to start a new game every time.  While I like making characters, it's not the reason I play skyrim.  

I've ran Loot, Wrye, TES5, SUM, FNIS, more times that I care to count and I don't mind when I have to run them.  At this point I have no idea what's causing the CTD.  I'm sure its something I'm doing not doing.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. 

Do you mean the game is not responding to keyboard and mouse input?

exactly

Ran BethINI and no movement continuing from that save.  New save seems fine.  Mature Skin is meh at best.

Why do I die jumping to Inn from the tower >_<

Again, you guys are fantastic.

Edited by intrepid70

Maybe try another new game and see if you can reproduce it after the BethINI tweaks.

I'm really not sure with no keyboard mouse input...I've never ran into that before.

Any ideas, Joat_Mon? Or anyone else?

Edit: Oh, I forgot to mention to change the particles setting in BethINI to 6000. You can do that manually after if you want as well. Forgot that was needed with Vivid Weathers / Vividian.

FNIS might have something screwy going on for sure though.  I made a few other characters and at the naming entry box the left knee drops towards the ankle and kinda bounces then the fps drops from 60 to 7.  Only thing to do is to save and exit then go back in.  Seems fine after that.  Done it with 3 characters now.  Other than that FNIS is behaving normally.

Crash Fixes is the latest version...11 is what MO is saying.  "UseOSAllocators=1" is set.

Edited by intrepid70

I noticed this morning the the wrists on the character are HUGE.  Way bigger then they should be.  I reinstalled xpmse, unpb, fnis (in the order they show up in the guide) and mature skin and the wrists are still huge.

Went over to my Vanilla Profile and this is happening with the UNPB meshes.  The hands are large as well.

Edited by intrepid70

Yeah, I don't really know what to tell you. Since you missed the Creature Addon for FNIS, it is very possible you missed other instructions in SR:LE as well. This could be causing the issue.

I would suggest going through the guide with a fine-tooth comb and checking it against your MO install to verify you have done all the instructions. Then start a brand new game to test.

If you can't figure out exactly what went wrong with the install, sometimes it might be faster and easier to just go through the guide again. :-/

Oh, since I didn't add the optional file?    Should the status for FNIS be changed to required?  I'm curious as to how the optional file can be causing this issue?  How is not installing an optional file missing a step?

Fores New Idles In Skyrim - FNIS

Author: fore
Version: 6.3
Optionals: Creature Pack

Edited by intrepid70

You are misunderstanding. The "optional" doesn't mean it is optional for you to download it, it means it is under the "optional" heading on the files tab. Every file that Neo lists must be downloaded and every instruction must be followed if you want a guaranteed stable game.

I'm now on my 5th install of SRLE.  Reloaded everything, optionals, etc.  With the ENB enabled I crash loading Helgen.  With ENBoost the game is running fine.  That is until I got to Whiterun and the first dragon.  As soon as the dragon appears I CTD.  No crash fix message or any message for that matter.  Reload.  Dragon appears, CTD.  Not really sure what's going on.  I checked the mods that address dragons specifically.  Dragon looks normal from the brief glimpse I'm getting.  I'm guessing the dragon textures are fine.  Kinda lost on this one.

@Neb I completely misunderstood the optional part.  I have an EE degree and write process documents for iso9000 companies, so that maybe where the confusion is :)

I ran SPM and it looks like I'm hitting the VRAM limit.  I hit 3,715 MB just before the crash.  Flipping Win10.....

Edited by intrepid70