Mega Modded Skyrim: 240+ mods.

switched to skyrealism, turned off fixes, ssao, dof, black bars. ran with un-optimized textures & fov of 80-90, launcher settings same as mentioned before, got random crashes & stuttering.

removed a few mods, optimized textures & fov of 75, maximum view distance - no crashes for 2hrs; and whats really surprising is I've had no stuttering either & I'm running automatic variants with every av pack available & using the deadly spell impacts esp both which used to cause crashes or freezing even after optimizing the textures. The only stuttering I got was just before the game crashed which was just as I approached the giant at whiterun though I was using true giants, I think if I get rid of the true giants mod that should fix the pretty consistent crashes I was getting there. also giving my pc a clean & getting all the dust out will probably help overall as well, the fans are pretty dirty.

I will do some more testing over the week but I think I've finally got a stable game that runs well with 240+ mods & many many texture/mesh/sound/script/interface & animation replacers. :)

Also, since I have a backed up textures folder handy I'm going to experiment with different optimization settings to see if I can reduce some of the more obvious compression artifacts/degredation on some of the optimized textures and still have a game that runs well.

Screenshots and a final list of mods on the way. I'll have screens of before & after the texture optimizing and screens of project enb & skyrealism enb. most of the screens i've taken already, but I may as well post them with the mod list when i'm done tweaking things seeing as I've nearly got it 100% sorted.

Peace :)

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mods with errors identified by BOSS, comments at skynexus or the STEP team; that I am no longer using:

• BFSEffects
  • SkyrimCoinReplacer
  • morevillageanimals
  • BetterQuestObjectives
  • wars in skyrim
  • rabbits plus
  • soul gems differ
  • economics of skyrim
  • my home is your home
  • skyhighrim
Mods with errors that are now either cleaned or that I haven't had issues with or which have only minor errors that don't affect stability/performance; these are mods I'm still using:

• cartographers map markers
  • populated cities *comments on skynexus report bugs but I haven't had any of them yet
  • enhanced blood (latest version seems to work fine)
  • ice floes
  • better dynamic snow
  • 1nivwicskycloakspatch
  • cloaks
  • birds & flocks (cleaned)
  • ants in my pants
  • skybirds *comments on skynexus report bugs but I haven't had any of them yet
  • birds of skyrim *comments on skynexus report bugs but I haven't had any of them yet
  • arrows of magicka
  • clanking armor (cleaned)
  • remove ambient interior fog v2 (cleaned)
  • climates of tamriel (esm)
  • pets of skyrim *reported to need cleaning but I haven't had any issues with them yet
saw the errors listed in boss for the mods with errors every time I installed but never bothered to do anything about them, should have a more stable game now that I've gotten around to fixing some of this stuff.

will post final working list of mods in a week or so with screens as mentioned before.

Peace.

>>TTIWWP<<

asides from the fact that i've already said some screens will be uploaded soon, what exactly do you want pics of?

90% of the texture & mesh replacers are covered by the screenshots in the STEP pack or on the mods skyrimnexus page, the majority of mods I've added are gameplay mechanic changing in nature & the weapon/armor/enemy additions all have screenshots at the page you download the mod from.

I've already got a bunch of screens of me playing the game ready to upload I'm just waiting until I've finished testing the game and can say that "this mod config of 255 mods works, the game runs well & the project is finished." whats the point in posting screens of a broken game that no one can play? I'd rather wait until its finished & solid. speaking of which, its almost done.

also this thread's purpose is to provide a list of mods that work together for anyone interested in maxing out their mod list on skyrim. and the next post is going to have active links for every mod so people can look through the list and pick and mix or download the whole thing and run the whole mod config on their own games.

Peace.

Mega Modded Skyrim (FINAL VERSION)
Links to all mods included, all mods presented in the order they're installed in.
INTRODUCTION & INSTRUCTIONS

Game Specs -
Skyrim 1.8.151.0
Skse 0.1.6.6
Official Hi Res Texture Pack+fixes & skyrim.ini tweak
Modified TPC 1.8.1 & S.T.E.P 2.2.0a Base (Details below)
PC Specs -
Intel i7 Processor - AMD Radeon HD6970 - 8GB Ram

The following is a complete list of every texture, script, SKSE, interface, mesh & sound replacer i've installed in skyrim followed by every esm/esp mod installed. Everything is listed in the exact order its installed with a few notes here & there. For more info on the STEP 2.2.0a mods follow the STEP guide that can be downloaded here - https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/11
This is a mod build for vanilla skyrim without any downloadable content installed (dawn guard etc) as such it is not compatible with any DLC's except the high res texture pack.
Apologies ahead of time if any of the any of the links are incorrect or missing. google searching the mod name + syrim nexus should be able to find any of these mods.
90% of mods are available on skyrim nexus & links are provided.
Any of the TPC or STEP sections below that have "Modified" in front of them have been altered in some way, usually its a few mods that didn't get included or that get installed in a later part of the install; so if you want to use this mod config for your own game remember to cross reference this list with the official TPC & STEP lists.
All mods are installed manually, sorted with boss then activated & bashed with wyrebash.
NOTE: The following mods are included in this build but have been identified by BOSS as dirty & needing cleaning with TES5Edit so you may wish to exclude them from your game, clean them yourself or leave them as is and install them anyway.
  • CLIMATES OF TAMRIEL.ESM
  • ARROWS OF MAGICKA.ESP
  • BIRDSOFSKYRIM.ESP
  • SKYBIRDS.ESP
  • CLOAKS.ESP
  • 1NIVWICSKYCLOAKSPATCH.ESP
  • BETTER DYNAMIC SNOW.ESP
  • DD - ENHANCED BLOOD MAIN.ESP
  • ICEFLOES.ESP
  • POPULATED CITIES 2.ESP
  • CARTOGRAPHERS MAP MARKERS.ESP

PART 1 - BASIC INSTALL & ESSENTIAL UTILITIES

Graphics card Settings (follow STEP 2.2.0a instructions)

Initial install (follow STEP 2.2.0a instructions)
Updates (follow STEP 2.2.0a instructions)
  • update to 1.8.151.0
official HD texture packs (follow STEP 2.2.0a instructions & the additional instructions below)
Set launcher options (follow STEP 2.2.0a instructions & the additional instructions below) 
  • Follow the STEP 2.2.0a guide.
  • I set graphics to ultra, then change shadow quality to high & AA to 4x.
Run from launcher & quit (follow STEP 2.2.0a instructions & the additional instructions below)
Install Simple borderless window, Script Dragon & SKSE (follow STEP 2.2.0a instructions & the additional instructions below)
Install utilities (follow STEP 2.2.0a instructions & the additional instructions below)

PART 2 MODIFIED TPC & STEP

Texture/mesh base for TPC & STEP

I install these next replacers prior to anything from step as these were all previously removed from STEP or never were part of it and I didn't want to accidentally overwrite any better looking STEP textures with any of the following. Therefore there's a chance that many of the textures/meshes from the mods in this section will be overwritten later during the install process.

Modified STEP fixes.

Modified Texture Pack Combined (version 1.81)

The following list is taken from the TPC page at nexus: https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/20801 here you'll find detailed download & install guide, as well as links for all the mods.follow it exactly, and cross reference it against the STEP install guide here: https://wiki.step-project.com/Texture_Pack_Combiner, the STEP 2.2.0a .pdf guide & the list below.
Get all the latest versions of the following mods (as of 2012-12-21).
There are a few mods left out of this config including the project parallax textures & soul gems differ and possibly others so remember to cross reference the official lists with the one below if using this mod config.

Required mods:

• Skyrim HD - 2K Textures by NebuLa
  • Serious HD Retexture Skyrim by Z4G4
  • Skyrim Realistic Overhaul by Starac (non dawnguard version - no longer available at nexus, if you get a copy and notice missing files in the log file after combining, these are just the dawnguard specific files that you don't need)
Optional mods:
  • AOF Detailed Mountains by AnOldFriend
  • AOF Farmhouses by AnOldFriend
  • Ash Pile Retex by Raymond Murphy
  • Bellyaches Animal and Creature Pack by Bellyache
  • Better Dynamic Snow by OpticShooter and Brumbek
  • Better Rocks and Mountains by Four Leaf Clover
  • Designs Of The Nords by KEBW1144
  • Detailed Chests by Clintmich
  • Enhanced Distant Terrain by OpticShooter
  • Enhanced Night Skyrim by CptJoker
  • HD Linens by Rivybeast
  • HD Misc by Calav3ra
  • HD Ore And Ingots by BioProd
  • HD Sacks Retexture by Mazarin
  • High Quality Food and Ingredients by Iraito
  • High Quality LODs by Ethatron
  • High Realistic Tundra Moss for AOF Detailed Mountains by Aron
  • HQ Milky Way Galaxy by Manesse
  • HQ Skyrim Map V2 by Grace Darkling and Paddyy
  • HQ Towns and Villages by Anarin
  • Hybrids HD Plants and Herbs Retexture by Gabriel "Mystikhybrid" Gullbergh
  • Intricate Spider Webs by Isoku
  • Langleys Wood Metal and Stone Textures Workshop by Langley
  • Lush Grass by OpticShooter
  • Lush Trees by OpticShooter
  • Quality SnowFlakes V2 by Yuril
  • Radiant and Unique Potions and Poisons HD by XRC
  • Real Ice ALL-IN-ONE by Yuril
  • Real Ice and Snow by grVulture
  • Realistic Instruments by InwardScreams
  • Realistic Smoke and Embers by Isoku
  • Re-Defined Dungeons WIP by Gizmo
  • Riften HQ Textures by Erik
  • Ruins Clutter Improvement HD by Raiserfx
  • Septim HD by Crypton
  • Silly Level of Detail - Potions and Poisons by Narmix
  • Silly Level of Detail - Wine Cellar by Narmix
  • Skyrim Flora Overhaul by Vurt
  • Skyrim Redesigned WIP by Dracomies
  • Skyrim Sunglare V4 by Laast
  • Snow and Rocks Textures HD by Darevix
  • Static Mesh Improvement Mod (SMIM) by Brumbek
  • Super Realistic Ore Textures by Kman420
  • Tobes Highres Textures by Mr Bravo aka Tobe
  • TreesHD Skyrim Variation by Namotep
  • WATER by SparrowPrince
  • Weathered Road Signs by Nimbli Bimbli
  • Whiterun Trellis Redesigned and HQ by Toby S
  • Visible Windows by Isoku

Modified STEP Graphics In Order

Modified STEP Graphics No Order

Modified Step Interface mods

Modified STEP sound mods

Modified STEP Gameplay mods

PART 3 ANIMATION SOUND & GRAPHICS REPLACERS

animations.

Sounds & Music

Weapons & armor rextextures

Clothes & Guards retextures

Creatures Retextures

Items & Misc Retextures

XCE & EEO Replacers

PART 4 INTERFACE & GAMEPLAY MODS

Quests & Hostile places

Misc World Mechanics

Main Menu Randomizer

• I can't list everything I've used for this mod but I can try to explain it. using this mod I have 86 different main menu wallpapers, main menu songs, moon textures for both moons & galaxy/nebula replacers which appear in game at random; a different selection every time I launch the game. This means whenever I start a game I will see one of 86 different moon combinations, nebulas, galaxies & starfields in the sky. The main menu will also have a different song & background wallpaper each time I load the game too. You can even set it up so one of the variants is the spinning 3d emblem from the STEP install. https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/3708
  • setting this up can be time consuming and a bit confusing and is difficult for me to explain - but go to skyrim nexus & read the readme's for the mainmenurandomizer, install it with the stock selection. examine the folder structure to learn how it works then use the same method the mod uses for selecting wallpapers to add music, moons, skies or other statics to the mod for randomizing. The best tips on how to do this can be found in the comments section of this mod's page at skyrim nexus.

Interface & Fixes

Immersive world & weather fx

Immersive NPC

Homes

Enemies & Hostile creatures

Companions, Spouses & followers

Combat Mechanics, Perks & skills

Alchemy & Food

Weapons, Armor, Magic & Items

Compatibility Patches

PART 5 AUTOMATIC VARIANTS, ENB, MOD ACTIVATION/LOAD ORDER & LOADING THE GAME

Automatic Variants

Automatic Variants Mod    https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/21377 Also check out the links for known AV packs, I use all of them, you need at least one for this mod to do anything

ENB

I use enb 119 with the "skyrealism cinematic" modhttps://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/23765disable SSAO & DOF from the .ini & disable 'black bars' from effects .txt

Activate mods, Optimize game/pc & Play

activate all the mods in one go by opening the mods section of the launcher for the first time, if this doesn't work activate individually with the launcher or wyrebashsort mods with bosscreate bashed patchrun fnis tools patcherrun AV patcher (with bashed patch active)activate AV esp in wyrebash (make sure it is below the bashed patch, last spot in the list)run fnis tools patcher[OPTIONAL] back up your textures folder (in case you want to undo the optimization & revert back to the higher res textures) then run texture optimizer - settings - "minimum & skyrim", activate the textures option and select "if >2048"run ccleaner clean & registry fixrun smart defragrun xpadder & load config for dual parry weilding (if using xbox controller+duel weild parry)run background fps boosterrun sbw or skse loader from razor game boosterplay gameNOTE: if the game crashes at the main menu - deactivate automatic variants until:
you've started a new game,
all the mods that activate straight away have activated,
you've configured any mods in-game that you want or need to configure,
you've left helgens keep & saved your game.
then reactivate automatic variants in the wyrebash list & open skyrim again & it should work fine and not crash. Its not an issue with this mod config but an issue with the automatic variants mod that causes this, if really having trouble with it you can leave it deactivated.

Here is the Complete Load order copied from wyrebash. mods with a ++ infront of them are included in the bashed patch.

Date/Time•  12/01/2013 6:20:47 PM•  Elapsed Time: 0:00:08.896Active Mods•  00 Skyrim.esm•  01 Update.esm•  02 3rdEraWeaponsMoS.esm•  03 ClimatesOfTamriel.esm•  04 CoD Waking Nightmare II.esm•  05 EagleEyePerk.esm **THIS MOD IS NO LONGER PART OF THIS CONFIG**•  06 JSwords.esm•  07 Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Main.esm•  08 LB_MuchAdoSnowElves.esm•  09 MagicDuel.esm•  0A moonpath.esm•  0B More Interactive Items.ESM•  0C SkyMoMod.esm•  0D SPIKE.esm•  0E Brawl Bugs CE.esp•  0F CriticalChargeFix.esp•  10 fFastTravelSpeedMult_4.esp [Version 1.0]•  11 invinciblehawkfix.esp•  12 Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp [Version 1.2.4]•  13 Morning Fogs.esp•  14 Rainbows.esp•  15 BWS.esp•  16 Clanking Armor.esp•  17 IceBreaker's Improved Reverb-v0.02-Cleaned.esp [Version erb]•  18 Improved Combat Sounds v2.2.esp•  19 Rooster At Dawn v1.0.esp•  1A Thundering Shouts.esp•  1B Remove Interior Fog V2 - Skyrim.esp•  1C Warmer Magic Lights v2.esp•  1D ClimatesOfTamriel-VanillaNights-Lvl-1.esp•  1E MintyLightningMod.esp•  1F MintyLightningMod_COT_Patch.esp•  20 EnhancedLightsandFX.esp•  21 Fantasy Music Overhaul.esp•  22 Weapons and Armor fixes.esp•  23 Weapons and Armor fixes - Hacks.esp•  24 StaticMeshImprovementMod.esp•  25 83Willows_101BUGS_V4_HighRes.esp•  26 Armored Skeleton.esp [Version v2]•  27 Arrows of Magicka.esp•  28 Back off, Barbas!.esp•  29 Better Skill and Quest Books Names.esp•  2A Birdsclean.esp•  2B Birdsofskyrim.esp•  2C BLESSINGS - Altar Descriptions.esp•  2D Bring Out Your Dead.esp [Version 1.1.3]•  2E Cannabis.esp•  2F Catsofskyrim.esp•  30 Chesko_WearableLantern.esp•  31 ClamsDropPearls.esp•  32 CraftingMaterialsRecipes.esp•  33 dbmisc.esp•  34 Disease Descriptions.esp•  35 Dogsofskyrim.esp•  36 DragonSoulsToPerks.esp **THIS MOD IS NO LONGER PART OF THIS CONFIG**•  37 DungeonQuestAwareness.esp•  38 Expensive Investments.esp•  39 FishingInSkyrim.esp•  3A GuardsGuardThePlayer.esp•  3B HigherLevelEnemies.esp•  3C ImprovedFish.esp•  3D JAWS.esp•  3E JK Crafting Breakdown.esp•  3F knownspells.esp•  40 Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Climates of Tamriel - lvl-1.esp•  41 UnlimitedBookshelves.esp•  42 mcCampingLite.esp•  ++ NoSaltRecipes.esp•  43 People Have Torches.esp•  44 PilgrimsDelight.esp•  45 Radiant and Unique Potions Poisons and Booze.esp•  46 ShootingStars.esp•  47 SIDT.esp•  48 skyBirds - Airborne Perching Birds.esp•  49 Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp•  4A SMDropLitTorch.esp•  4B SPTDiverseGuardsSkyrim.esp [Version 4.3]•  4C Wolfs_Buff_Recipes.esp•  4D Wolfs_Simple_Recipes.esp•  4E Wolfs_Intermediate_Recipes.esp•  4F Wolfs_Advanced_Recipes.esp•  50 Convenient Horses.esp•  51 Destructible_bottles.esp•  52 Auto Unequip Arrows.esp•  53 Chesko_LoreBasedLoadingScreens.esp•  54 Footprints.esp•  55 WetandCold.esp•  56 BlackSacramentArmor.esp•  57 Bucklers-Complete.esp•  58 Cloaks.esp•  59 1nivWICCloaks.esp [Version 2.1b]•  5A 1nivWICSkyCloaksPatch.esp [Version 2.1]•  5B daedric_phelm.esp•  5C DaggerCraft.esp•  5D DiamondWeaponsN.esp•  5E Dread Knight Weapon Set.esp•  5F DwarvenPowerArmor.esp•  60 Elemental Staves.esp•  61 Hell Sword.esp•  62 hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp•  63 JSwordsDistributionBalancePlugin.esp•  64 LeftHandRings.esp [Version 1.2]•  65 LostLongSwords.esp•  66 MECR_Classic_Nord_Shields.esp•  67 Nicoroshi Creations.esp [Version 1.2]•  68 PrvtI_HeavyArmory.esp•  69 royal_daedric.esp•  6A Siege Bow & Backpacks.esp•  6B Space Wiking's Dwemer Exoskeleton.esp•  6C SummonAnimalPets_immersive.esp•  6D Tribunal Maskes by Zairaam.esp•  6E Tribunal Robes by Zairaam.esp•  6F 3rdEraWeapMoS-lvlList.esp•  70 Dr_Bandolier.esp•  71 IA6npc01.esp•  72 Smithing Perks Overhaul - Balanced.esp•  73 Complete Crafting Overhaul.esp•  74 PISE-NPC Tweaks and Potions.esp•  75 PISE-AI Tweaks Only.esp•  ++ PISE-NPC Equipment Tweaks Only.esp•  76 DeadlyDragons.esp•  77 DeadlyDragonsArmory.esp•  78 ERSO 07 - Mighty Dragon Priests.esp•  79 ERSO 10 - RUS-(SIM)-Travellers and Adventurers.esp•  7A ERSO 11 - RUS-(SIM)-Assassins and Thieves.esp•  7B ERSO 12 - RUS-(SIM)-Werewolves.esp•  7C ERSO 13 - MD - A Better Level Progression.esp•  7D ERSO 13.02 - Lower Skill Gain -25percent.esp•  ++ ERSO 14.02 - Harder barter 8-4.esp•  ++ ERSO 17 - Training cost 2.0x.esp•  7E ERSO 18 - Legendary Armors and Weapons Enhanced.esp•  7F ERSO 20 - Standing Stones Overhaul.esp•  80 Beautiful Whiterun.esp•  81 buildablehouse.esp•  82 CoD Waking Nightmare II.esp•  83 DA_Skyship.esp•  84 DSAMG - Greybeard Fix.esp•  85 Gildergreen Regrown.esp [Version 1.2.3]•  86 LB_MuchAdoSnowElves_Quest.esp•  87 LimbwoodManor.esp•  88 Milan's PAck.esp•  89 moonpath_questdata.esp•  8A RealisticWhiterun.esp•  8B Run For Your Lives.esp [Version 1.1.2]•  8C Quest_SeaOfGhosts.esp•  8D SkyrimChimneysRW.esp•  8E The Paarthurnax Dilemma.esp [Version 1.2.3]•  8F Trees for Solitude V1.1.esp•  90 Morrowloot.esp•  91 ArrowInTheEverywhere_High_Longer.esp•  92 Better Dynamic Snow.esp•  93 Binocular Vision For NPCs while Sneaking.esp•  94 BlockSparkles.esp•  95 Distant Detail.esp•  96 dynamic fires.esp•  ++ FSS-Slight pause between lines.esp•  97 Guard Dialogue Overhaul.esp•  98 Hypothermia.esp•  99 Immersive Weapons.esp•  9A LessDragons25.esp•  9B masser Size x0.5.esp•  9C mjhReducedGoldRewards.esp•  9D More Salt Please.esp•  9E dD-No Twitching Dragon Death Animation.esp•  9F OpenFaceGuardHelmets.esp•  A0 ReadIt.esp•  A1 Realistic werewolf speed.esp•  A2 secunda Size x0.5.esp•  A3 dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp•  A4 dD-SkyrimMonsterMod EBT Patch.esp•  A5 VariousGuardReplacer.esp•  A6 TAVERiften.esp•  A7 AIMP - Antz in my Pantz.esp•  A8 icefloes.esp•  A9 Populated Cities 2.esp•  AA abotFiresHurt.esp•  AB dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Reduced.esp•  ++ Jump125.esp•  AC NPCsUseAmmoAllBows.esp **THIS MOD IS NO LONGER PART OF THIS CONFIG**•  AD TRO_BasicNeeds.esp [Version 0.94]•  AE Better Vampires ML - No DawnGuard.esp•  AF Predator Vision.esp **THIS MOD IS NO LONGER PART OF THIS CONFIG**•  B0 Scriptless werewolf bonus.esp•  B1 ToL_Core_by_Brevi.esp [Version 1.5]•  B2 YetAnotherWerewolfImprovement.esp•  B3 Apocalypse - The Spell Package.esp•  B4 MidasSkyrim.esp•  B5 SSAPBWK.esp•  B6 sheogorath_shout.esp•  B7 DeadlySpellImpacts.esp•  B8 FNISspells.esp•  B9 ShowRaceMenuAlternative.esp•  BA PTAlchemyOverhaul_ONLY.esp•  BB Hardcore Lockpicking1-12.esp•  ++ LessLockpicks.esp•  BC Path of Shadows.esp•  BD Realistic crime report radius.esp•  BE Sneak Tools.esp•  BF ACE Realistic Fighting.esp•  C0 DeadlyCombat.esp•  C1 Dual Wield Parrying_ScriptDragon.esp•  C2 Locational Damage.esp•  C3 The Dance of Death.esp•  C4 ACE Speech.esp•  C5 Balanced_Alteraton.esp•  C6 Balanced_Conjuration.esp•  C7 Balanced_Destruction.esp•  C8 Balanced_Illusion.esp•  C9 Balanced_Restoration.esp•  ++ Balanced_Magic_Master.esp•  CA ACE Armor.esp•  CB ACE Enchanting.esp•  CC ACE Magic.esp•  CD ACE Melee.esp•  CE ACE Synergy.esp•  CF AT - Loot Arrows HARDCORE.esp•  D0 AT - Faster Arrows Improved +50%.esp•  D1 AT - Merchants Arrows HARDCORE.esp•  D2 AT - Progressive Damage (BS and CCO).esp•  D3 PTAlchemyOverhaul_SkillRate_0_5.esp•  D4 Uncapped Perks - Magic.esp•  D5 Uncapped Perks - Combat + Stealth.esp•  D6 Bullseye to Dragonslayer Perk.esp•  D7 dD-No Spinning Death Animation.esp•  D8 hornsareforever.esp•  D9 15warpaints.esp [**this mod is no longer part of this config**]•  DA XCEMwW.esp•  DB EMCompViljaSkyrim.esp•  DC HothFollower.esp•  DD UFO - Ultimate Follower Overhaul.esp•  DE Slightly Reduced Distance NPC Greetings.esp•  DF specializedfollowers.esp•  E0 Atvir.esp•  E1 CompanionValfar.esp•  E2 Odvar.esp•  ++ moveitLWT.esp•  E3 Spousetocustomhome.esp•  E4 QuickStart3_NoHelmet.esp•  E5 ethereal_elven_overhaul.esp•  E6 Animated Weapon Enchants.esp•  E7 getSnowy.esp•  E8 WATER.esp•  E9 Barenziah.esp•  EA Cartographers Map Markers.esp•  EB DeadlyCombat_PISE_Patch.esp•  EC Compatibility patch - PHT, IA, CoS & WIC.esp•  ED TRO_BasicNeeds_WATERPatch.esp•  EE Alchemical Apparati.esp•  EF lilithstools.esp•  F0 Skippy's Book Overhaul.esp•  F1 Smash It Up - Functional Mills.esp•  F2 Sweeping Onehanders lite.esp•  F3 Sweeping Twohanders lite.esp•  F4 TERA Weapons.espBashed PatchAutomatic Variants

I'm not sure which of the following removed mods made the difference:

• BFSEffects
  • SkyrimCoinReplacer
  • morevillageanimals
  • BetterQuestObjectives
  • wars in skyrim
  • rabbits plus
  • soul gems differ
  • economics of skyrim
  • my home is your home
  • skyhighrim

But after removing them I can now play skyrim with the mod config detailed in the previous post at ultra graphics setting - max view distances + double view distance grass (7000 to 14000). shadows on high, distant objects on ultra, decals on ultra, radial blur high, textures high, all reflections, no distant detail fade, & unoptimized hi - res textures at a steady 55-60fps with skyrealism enb (no ssao no dof) AF=16x & AA=4x. Which is better then I'd ever hoped for. The game looks awesome and run smoothly & consistantly & I was able to keep most of my favourite mods. no stuttering, no freezes, no crashing.

If the game continues to run like this then I've finished the project & will no longer be changing mods around or working on this config. even if I do get some stutters freezes or crashes I'm sure it will be only be because of too high a demand on my PC graphics wise in which case I'd just need to adjust the view distances.

I may swap some of the mods around or add some more texture replacers to my own game but as it stands the mega modded skyrim config is stable & finished.

Cool :)

P.S) screenshots on the way.

Edit to add:economics of skyrim sounded like a cool idea with the regional and racial modifiers but many commented problems with it on skyrim nexus - in this mod config its been replaced with a combination of - ERSO harder barter 8-4, levelled bounty rewards, reduced gold rewards for quests, training costs x2 & expensive investments. this should help prevent having too much gold, as that was a problem in the vanilla game. I remember I hit 100k of septims by level 35-40 in the vanilla version & had nothing to spend it on & excess gear I couldn't sell.

Did some more testing, the game runs perfectly on max view distances, etc using skyrealism no ssao or dof. If I switch to projectenb cinematic for CoT, no ssao or dof & use it with the project M.A.T.S.O SSAA files (which significantly increases the visual enhancements of the enb) I have to reduce the view distances but can otherwise leave everything else on ultra settings and the game still runs perfectly. I might test it with the wilds enb also as I think it would demand about the same resources from the pc. good to know that not only does the mod config work but its versatile when it comes to enb choices.

made a couple of last minute changes to my own config but nothing significant enough to edit the mod config posted here. the changes were - removing 15 extra warpaints mod - the warpaints are for female characters only and I don't play as female characters, asides from that its a decent mod.

I also added a couple more texture replacers - detailed rugs, better embers, dead hanging hare 2048 (up from 1024) & hi res bunnies original black.

I also added a couple of small esp mods - the woodcutters wife, blaze of eventide (add this mod to automatic variants exclude list)

& finally, I am experimenting with using BFS effects & soul gems differ mods again to see if the errors they have effect performance or stability, so far all good, no negative impacts noticed.

Peace.

Edit to add: if using project enb it recommends a in-game brightness setting of 5 (default is 10). if this makes your shadows too dark using the STEP tweak setting of 2, increase to 3-6.

Screenshots Part 1 of 2 - Skyrealism ENB & Riverwood.

I've run around the game stress testing the graphics settings, taking screenshots & testing for mod conflicts & as far as I can tell this mod config is stable & works well. here's a few visually impressive or scenic screenshots as well as a few stability/performance related screenshots.

Using Skyrealism - no DOF or SSAO, ultra graphics setting but shadows on high instead of ultra; max view distances, full Hi res (2048-4096) textures, All reflections, AA4x AF16x.

The mine near riverwood.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image
Night sky + birds & flocks, day sky + birds & flocks

AV wolf

Posted Image

The screenshots look great. My only issue in any of them is the water in the river looks a little dark. The only time that's an issue though, is when it's at rapids. Then the dark water and the light rapids textures clash with a hard contrast. Other than that the game looks great! :thumbsup:

Screenshots Part 2 of 2 : Project ENB Cinematic + M.A.T.S.O SMAA.
Whiterun, Riften, Solitude & Windhelm

*reduced view distances to compensate for more intensive ENB mod.*

Whiterun: beautiful whiterun mod + realistic whiterun

Stable frame rate during large battle in Whiterun: ERSO RUS SIM - thieves & assassins, AV fire atronach

Outside whiterun