ENB v.308 crash at load game/new game

BoSoxBry

Question

Hey guys,

So I'm fairly frustrated. I have followed the guide to the letter up until the ENB binary installation. Unfortunately, I have an instant CTD whenever I try to load a save game or a start a new game with the 308 binary. The odd thing is that the 271 binary appears to be working fine, with the same enblocal settings. I suppose I could just go ahead and use that binary, but I'm determined to figure out what the issue is here!

I've installed the memory patch for SKSE and tried updating my Directx run times to no avail. I can post my enblocal file when I get home; don't think there's anything out of the ordinary here.

Thanks in advance and thank you so much for the guide Neovalen; you have made modding fun!

• Answers 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Yeah thanks, but that didn't work either. As opposed to devilpool, my game crashes regardless of whether I start a new game or try to load a regular save or autosave. I will let Boris know and report back here if I find anything out.

Have you tried changing

DataSyncMode=0

to

DataSyncMode=1

It's usually used for troubleshooting, but it is said to improve stability at a cost of performance. It shouldn't be a requirement to use it as ENB should work right out of the box, but you might as well try it.

I guess I'm out of luck. Boris said he can't help because he tested it several times and no changes were made to ENB 308 that would cause the crash. He said it was discussed several times in his forum with either drivers, crapware, or other programs being the culprit.

Does anyone know if Vivid Weathers and Vividian would work withe the 292 binaries?

Urghhh, to try and track down the problem I did a re-installation and now the 292 binary CTDs as well! My enblocal is the same, and ENB works fine with Fallout 4. I mean, you would think it would have to do with the DirectX 9 runtimes but I def. downloaded and installed them. I'm at a loss

I don't have Precision, but thanks for the tip! Hmm, I did notice that the enblocal created by ENB Organizer in its own directory has different settings than the one that was placed in the Skyrim directory? Thinking I'm getting close...

No. I don't know what changed between the different binaries.  All I can tell you is that 0.308 has been working just fine for me ever since I installed it.  I even tried some presets but they tank my FPS by half and make for an unplayable experience.  I do have autosaves turned off, but my daughter's profile has them on and she has had no issues either.

That said, I haven't used ENBoost without Crash Fixes v11 or v12 beta installed.  Maybe there is something in Crash Fixes that is preventing the issue from occurring for me. Or it could be my OS as I'm using Win 7.

At any rate, my ENBLocal.ini if you wish to compare:

[PROXY]
EnableProxyLibrary=false
InitProxyFunctions=true
ProxyLibrary=other_d3d9.dll

[GLOBAL]
UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=true
UseDefferedRendering=false
IgnoreCreationKit=true

[PERFORMANCE]
SpeedHack=true
EnableOcclusionCulling=true

[MEMORY]
ExpandSystemMemoryX64=false
ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true
DisableDriverMemoryManager=false
DisablePreloadToVRAM=false
EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks=false
ReservedMemorySizeMb=128
VideoMemorySizeMb=5654
EnableCompression=false
AutodetectVideoMemorySize=false

[THREADS]
DataSyncMode=0
PriorityMode=0
EnableUnsafeFixes=false

[MULTIHEAD]
ForceVideoAdapterIndex=false
VideoAdapterIndex=0

[WINDOW]
ForceBorderless=false
ForceBorderlessFullscreen=false

[ENGINE]
ForceAnisotropicFiltering=true
MaxAnisotropy=16
ForceLodBias=false
LodBias=0.0
AddDisplaySuperSamplingResolutions=false
EnableVSync=true
VSyncSkipNumFrames=0

[LIMITER]
WaitBusyRenderer=false
EnableFPSLimit=false
FPSLimit=10.0

[INPUT]
//shift
KeyCombination=16
//f12
KeyUseEffect=123
//home
KeyFPSLimit=36
//num /       111  <-- 111 is the correct keycode for the number pad / key. whatever the original was it was incorrect.
KeyShowFPS=111
//print screen
KeyScreenshot=44
//enter
KeyEditor=13
//f4
KeyFreeVRAM=115
//B
KeyBruteForce=66

[ADAPTIVEQUALITY]
Enable=false
Quality=1
DesiredFPS=20.0

[ANTIALIASING]
EnableEdgeAA=false
EnableTemporalAA=false
EnableSubPixelAA=false

[FIX]
FixGameBugs=true
FixParallaxBugs=true
FixParallaxTerrain=false
FixAliasedTextures=true
IgnoreInventory=true
FixTintGamma=true
RemoveBlur=false
FixSubSurfaceScattering=true
FixSkyReflection=true
FixCursorVisibility=true
FixLag=false

[LONGEXPOSURE]
EnableLongExposureMode=false
Time=1.0
BlendMax=0.0

I am having similar issues as the OP. CTD after completing  section 3.8.3 of te SR:LE Guide.  The CTD occurs when I try to start a new game I don't have any saved games. This happens when starting the Skyrim Revisited profile from Mod Organizer, the Vanilla Profile from Mod Organizer and when starting straight from within Steam.  In all three cases the screen shows that the ENB is active. Below is a screen shot from the game started from Steam.

AvnkjZV.jpg

Here is my enblocal.ini

Edit to add:  My CTD does NOT occur when I disable ENB via ENB Organizer.

enblocal.ini

Edited by Badfrog88