Hi Everyone,

First of all I am very happy with the guide that Neo has created, the attention to detail in the guide is excellent and it has been very enjoyable to install SR:LE.  The world is mesmerizing. However, I am experiencing some crashes my first day and I was wondering if you all could help me diagnose and fix them.

Here are my system specs: 

Windows 7 64-bit

i5-4690k @3.5GHz

8GB RAM (upgrading to 16GB RAM soon)

R9 280X DD Black Edition (upgrading to GTX 1070 soon)

SR: LE installed on a 100GB SSD partition

I installed SR:LE on highest settings in anticipation of upgrading my hardware. I feel like some of my crashes may be related to not having enough RAM, and I will upgrade, but hopefully I can find out for sure.  Is there a program like PrecisionX for AMD GPUs that I can use to check my RAM usage like you say in the guide? EDIT: I think I can find one on my own :)

I did some basic stability testing by setting "tcl on" and by setting "player.setav speedmult 1500" and running through the world really fast. I experience some stuttering but I don't crash.

Crash 1) Freezes when rapidly scrolling through hair styles

Crash 2) Create character>>allow mods to load and MCM to initialize>>configure MCM for "A matter of time" "Auto unequip ammo" and "Bathing in skyrim">>I load MCM for Better Vampires>>window is blank>>exit menu, try again>>Freezes on MCM Better Vampires menu.

Crash 3) Crashes when I load the save that just experienced crash #2

Crash 4) Freezes when I sleep in the bed for Alternative Start and attempt to load the College of Winterhold start. (Works on another attempt)

One final thing, after creating the SR:LR Profile mod at the end of the guide, I ran the game and there was an skse folder with hdtphysicsextension files in my overwrite, so I moved that into my SR:LR Profile mod to clear my overwrite. Was this correct?

Thank you for your time!

Edited by ZannaLion

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines, Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.