Nightingale Prime HD (by AncientVampire)

TechAngel85

I like "Nightingale Hi-res Retex with Torn Scarf and Variants by AlphaDragoon and InfiniDragon" myself, nice pic btw. The cape and scarf variants offer optional difference from vanilla while the base is still true to the original.

I feel like the "Prime look" gives the male costume a "jaws" appearance, and I guess the female has a flower motif? The materials appearance seems very modern (more so on the honeycombed texture, but also the leather. It probably make good bike armor, but doesn't fit Skyrim IMO.

Took some compares:

Vanilla  >>  This mod  >> Nightingale Hi-Res

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

I like the darkness of this mod; however, in all reality it would probably be impossible to get leather that dark in those days. Hi-res is a good alternative; however, even with it, it's some give and take. Some things are better while others look more blurred than vanilla.

This mod still wins by a mile to me looking at the compares.

I would have to agree. So the hoods are changed a bit...I've never had a problem with that. Compared to the other two, I can live with a few of the things this mod changes. It's just better until CaBaL retextures them.

The Nightingale Hi-Res is far superior to me (honestly, though I think vanilla is the true winner here).  This mod does not look like leather.  It looks like rubber or neoprene.  The seems and edges look too modern, and the dark color actually makes the material look less detailed than vanilla in most areas.  Where the design is more detailed (edges, hood, and bird designs), it strays from the vanilla design and doesn't look nearly as good.  The Nightingale armor is typically one of the primary armors for my character, so when I play I spend a lot of time looking at it.  I would choose the vanilla textures over these any day.  I'm looking forward to Cabal's version, but this isn't a suitable compromise unless you want a modern high-tech look. 

• +1 1

The Nightingale Hi-Res is far superior to me (honestly, though I think vanilla is the true winner here).  This mod does not look like leather.  It looks like rubber or neoprene.  The seems and edges look too modern, and the dark color actually makes the material look less detailed than vanilla in most areas.  Where the design is more detailed (edges, hood, and bird designs), it strays from the vanilla design and doesn't look nearly as good.  The Nightingale armor is typically one of the primary armors for my character, so when I play I spend a lot of time looking at it.  I would choose the vanilla textures over these any day.  I'm looking forward to Cabal's version, but this isn't a suitable compromise unless you want a modern high-tech look. 

I may be able to see your point from a realism point of view. However, the Nightingale Armor is a gift from a Daedra... the darker color and sleek design of this version suits its purpose of hiding in the shadows better than the vanilla does and nowhere does it say that it is made of leather or any standard material. It could be made out of pure shadow manifest of Nocturnals will, etc. Just playing devils advocate here and saying there is a counter argument either way.

I may be able to see your point from a realism point of view. However, the Nightingale Armor is a gift from a Daedra... the darker color and sleek design of this version suits its purpose of hiding in the shadows better than the vanilla does and nowhere does it say that it is made of leather or any standard material. It could be made out of pure shadow manifest of Nocturnals will, etc. Just playing devils advocate here and saying there is a counter argument either way.

Fair enough.  You're right, there's nothing that claims this armor is made from leather (and even if it were, it probably is some type of daedric leather).  Honestly, I like your description of "pure shadow manifest of Nocturnals will." :)  However, I still don't think it would look quite like this.  Regardless of what material it's made from, I just don't like the way this looks in the game.  The texture just doesn't fit well and doesn't look appropriate for the armor.

That compare is very deceptive to how they look in-game.

Not really...that's pretty much how the look in my game. I've run around with each for a while. I'm not convinced Hi-Res is all that much better than vanilla (I'll keep running around in a bit though.)