Nightingale Prime HD (by AncientVampire)

TechAngel85

Is it okay not to like any of them?

Perfectly okay!

I just did a second compare and run around. Final verdict:

Vanilla...will it's vanilla.

Hi-Res is what you would expect. It's a moderately higher resolution version for vanilla. The overall leather is slightly more detailed; however, other areas such as the design on the hood and the gauntlets are basically the same as vanilla.

This mod takes things to a whole different place. The leather (yes, up close you can tell it's leather) is finer like more modern leathers and darker than what would be humanly possible; however, this is armor from a demi god so we'll say it's possible to be that dark. The overall feel is a bit more modern and out of place with the rest of the armors (though again...from a demi god). Though the details are muted from the darkness of the textures they are all still there.

In the end, it's going to come down to a more personal preference I think on this one. Although adding in Hi-Res as a vanilla replacement is perfectly plausible.

• 2 months later...

According to core mandate: STEP:Core is about "... HD asset replacements in the style of vanilla Skyrim". Based on that I can't see how this mod fit into that. This armor seem to come from mass effect or something like that....not skyrim...