Relationship Dialogue Overhaul - RDO (by cloudedtruth)

IvyMeadow

Discussion thread:

Relationship Dialogue Overhaul - RDO by cloudedtruth

Wiki Link

"Adds over 5,000 lines of completely voiced dialogue for NPCs to use, spanning more than 50 voice types, based on the relationship the NPC has with player that works with the existing dialogue from the game.

All lines are voiced using the original voices from the game and consist of existing lines that have been added in new and suitable situations, as well as completely new dialogue created by editing multiple lines together to form brand new ones."

• +1 2

• 1 month later...

develoment on this mod is stopped

In truth, how RDO ended up is not like my original intentions. Without getting into the specifics, just know that this was supposed to be a resource for other modders, with various other options intended for users. Well, it all ended up getting squashed into a single plugin with a few patches. Not at all how I originally intended it to be.
So, I've decided to actually create the mod(s) I originally wanted. It'll take me a while, with real life and other potential modding obligations, but I've learned a lot when working on RDO that I didn't know when I first started the project in December of 2015, which will be of great benefit.

Hopefully you all have enjoyed using RDO over the last few months, and I truly appreciate the amount of support that all of you have shown for the mod. It really does mean a lot!

• 4 months later...

Mod development has restarted. Quote taken from Nexus posts page for mod.

RDO v2.0 is coming in the next few weeks (ETA mid-April, but no promises)

One important note:
- Updating from FinalA will be supported.
- Updating from FinalB will NOT be supported.

The NPCs removed from FinalB can be toggled in the MCM in v2.0.

Details on what's been added/changed will be available upon release.
One thing I will share is that Khajiit marriage dialogue has been added (Both male and female).

• 1 month later...

I would love to add this to STEP:Extended, but am afraid we'd get into a patching nightmare. I haven't install the mod so I don't know how it would work with STEP. I do know that I've been using Inigo on SSE and have loved all the added dialogue. Having a mod that does something similar for all of Skyrim would be great.

Been using this for a long time in a rather large modlist (encompassing STEP:Extended, with some minor variations) and as far as I remember outside of the provided patches there isn't a ton to worry about?  (It's been a while).  

Functionally it's excellent, does exactly as advertised.  Makes a big difference in a lot of small ways, with a detailed, comprehensive execution.  This one will stay in my LO.

Honestly I don't think it is that bad from what I remember. On mobile right now, but I don't think the patching was that bad. A lot of patches are already provided by the author.

I do love this mod. Have used it since it came out and would recommend it for Extended.

Can I put a maybe on this in case it does have a conflicts. I don't want to spend an extra two hours in xEdit because of a new mod if we are releasing tomorrow. 

I've looked at it in xEdit. There's really not much that needs to be done as long as you fall it's load order recommendations (I've added a LOOT rule to The Choice is Yours). For the rest the patches already exist so it should be a quick copy session.

This is a heads up that the recommended FinalA install is no longer available.  All previous versions of RDO have been superseded by RDO v2.0 that was released today.

Thanks for the heads up. It never fails that a mod updates right after release. Hopefully the changes are minor and no real updates will be needed for the STEP Patches.

Thanks for the heads up. It never fails that a mod updates right after release. Hopefully the changes are minor and no real updates will be needed for the STEP Patches.

I doubt there are any changes needed. This mod was surprisingly easy to deal with. Any conflicts with GDO were preference rather than substance type of stuff.