Complete Crafting Overhaul

Badfrog88

Question

I'm following the STEP 2.2.9.2 Guide and I have a question regarding the installation of Complete Crafting Overhaul and the CCO Compatibility Patch for WAF True Weapons. Do I merge these or install them as separate plugins? 

The guide doesn't state, and I'm still a little confused about merging in MO, as a first time user.

Thanks.

9 answers to this question

The current STEP 2.2.9.2 guide says to install both the Complete Crafting Overhaul main file and the CCO Compatibility Patch for WAF True Weapons optional file and this is how I have my profile setup.

STEP recommends the Complete Crafting Overhaul main file and the CCO Compatibility Patch for WAF True Weapons optional file.

It doesn't really matter if you merge the patch into the main mod or install it as a separate mod. If you're using the Download with Manager button on Nexus, Mod Organizer will ask if you want to merge it into the main mod. If so, just click Yes. If you're downloading the files manually, Mod Organizer will most likely install this as as a mod named "CCO - WAF True Weapons Patch" without prompting you to merge. In the end, there's really no difference so I wouldn't worry about it.

The STEP Extended Patch is installed when you install the STEP Compilation mod in 2.N. Patches.

I had the exact same question regarding what/where the STEP:Extended patch actually was.

Just to be super clear, if I plan on installing STEP Extended and a mod earlier in the process such as Realistic Ragdoll and Force and Diseases Descriptions indicates Step Extended Patch users can remove plugins or not install the mod entirely, I can disregard installing them, correct? It isn't like I need to install them in order and then uninstall them later as part of the process?

I am trying to add the STEP Compilation Installer - High Res - 2292l  having done a STEP:Extended install using Mod Organizer but I am told that it is not eligible for STEP:Extended Patch. I believe I have added the modules correctly, though the guide is unclear on exactly which options to install for HD.

Is there any list of exactly what should be installed. I am rebuilding from scratch as when clicking on STEP Vanilla Optimized Textures sent me to STEP - Skyrim Total Enhancement Project it left me very confused. I successfully used the instructions at the beginning of the year so this is frustrating and any help or pointers would be very much appreciated. 

Edited by lefbarnes