Feeling a bit overwhelmed here

Oh, okay. Thank you.

The packs are optional, though?

EDIT: just checked...the High Res DLC and Unofficial High Res Patch is not needed with Tony's Textures- not the High Definition Version anyway. The Standard does need them ;)

Edited by Dovahkiin

The Extended part of STEP (mods without a green bar to the left on the tables) are optional. Better Shaped Weapons is a Core mod so it's meant to be installed. It's mainly mesh fixes for weapons, so if you didn't want it installed, you can skip it.

You can replace ELE with RLO, if you desire. We offer non-ELE versions of our STEP Patches for this purpose. These are the patches installed with the STEP Compilation. A list of required plugins for the Patches can be found here: https://forum.step-project.com/topic/9370-step-compilation/

Again, thank you TechAnge85 ^^

A question about DynDOLOD: when I go to it's page on the nexus, I cannot download the first main file (titled "DynDOLOD"). The file is hidden. Does this mean I cannot play Step- Skyrim until the file is unhiden?

Edited by Dovahkiin

Double Post again, sorry :/

There's a curious issue when using "SkyFalls and SkyMills" with "Practical Female Armours". For some reason, whichever is loaded first is marked as redundant in MO. When I open the information tab of either mod under MO, the window under "Conflicts" shows the following file: /meshes/BatSeparator.Category

Incompability? 

Edited by Dovahkiin

Again, thank you TechAnge85 ^^

A question about DynDOLOD: when I go to it's page on the nexus, I cannot download the first main file (titled "DynDOLOD"). The file is hidden. Does this mean I cannot play Step- Skyrim until the file is unhiden?

You sure it's hidden? Looks fine to me. You just cant download it via MO. Needs to be done manually.

Thank you, Greg and Nozzer66!

Allright, so I've installed all STEP:Core and some STEP:Extended Mods, along with Alternate Start - Live another Life, Immersive Horses, Hunterborn, Frostfall + Campfire, Skyrim Immersive Creatures, Deadly Dragons and The Dragon Engine. The only things I did not install were: the High Res DLC, the Unofficial High Resolution Patch and STEP Optimized Vanilla Textures (I know they are core, but on Tony's Mod page, unless I read wrong, they are not needed when installing his Textures using the High Res Version)

However, now when I try to start a game, it begins loading normally, then the screen stays black, with ambient sound. Only way to get out is by using CTRL, ALT and DEL and Log off (Task Manager won't work). Are there some ini changes I need to make since I don't have the HighRes DLC and stuff?

I think you're right (if I'm remembering correctly) that you don't need the High Resolution DLC or the Unofficial High Resolution Patch if you're using Tony's optimized textures. You really shouldn't use the HRDLC or any high-res textures anyway if you are limited to 1GB VRAM.

I think you're right (if I'm remembering correctly) that you don't need the High Resolution DLC or the Unofficial High Resolution Patch if you're using Tony's optimized textures. You really shouldn't use the HRDLC or any high-res textures anyway if you are limited to 1GB VRAM.

That was my thought behind it, actually. ^^

Do I have to change some ini-files or something, because my game won't work? Starts up just fine, up until the main screen, I can choose a new game, I briefly see the level bar like always when I start a game, then the screen is black and remains that way. Only ambient sounds, from what I assume might be from the cell you wake up in when using Alternate Start. Task Manager through CTRL+LALT+DEL doesn't work, only thing that does is forcing it to quit through CTRL+LALT+DEL and then choosing "Log Off" from the menu.

EDIT: ok, scratch that. I do need Step Optimized Vanilla Textures...hadn't installed that. Will install it, then test again.

Edited by Dovahkiin