Daedric Letters Warpaint

Magistrate

Hello, it's my first time on the S.T.E.P. forums and I thought I would post one of my mods and see if it is accepted in the S.T.E.P. program, you can find it here on the nexus:

Daedric Letters Warpaint

Posted Image

This is a short description of my mod, you can find more on the Nexus page:

For many things I tend to be a lore-maniac and since TES III - Morrowind I have been naming my characters with lore-correct names and surnames taken from the game itself, so I thought, since my character is the Dragonborn therefor a chosen one there should be a way to distinguish himself/herself from everyone else, hence the idea of a warpaint representing the initial of my character's first name on his face (in my case "N" or "Neth" as in "Niluva Verendas"). This mod is a texture replacer of the 10 default warpaints with 26 Daedric Letters. Now, while I love positive feedback, comments and endorsments as much as the next guy and while I can use some constructive criticism if needed, if you plan on being harsh take into consideration that I am no professional graphic and it took me around 5 hours in GIMP2 to modify the textures and center all the 26 letters on the character's face to my liking :)

Pictures:

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

I have read in the guidelines that authors have to post "user reviews", I figure they are positive/negative comments from users of my mod, so I am going to post a few.

after seeing your mod it seemed to me like a great idea!

its dowloaded and ima play with it a bit then try and send you a pic :) 

oh mah gerd this stuff sux. Actually' date=' pretty epic. Going to download and use for my daedra worshipping' date=' necromancy and weapon conjuring Breton. Thanks for this!  [/quote'']

Wow' date=' this is awesome! I'm using the K-T replacer, because I use both Kodlak and Thorin as names for my chars, and this makes them even more epic! Thanks from the bottom of my heart for making this mod, truly! :P  [/quote']

Wonderful idea' date=' epic mod!  [/quote']

dhctehcgathe! I can't download this fast enough!

Great idea for a mod' date=' and nice to finally find someone who does the same thing I do. I was almost thinking I was overdoing it for a bit there. Hehe.  [/quote']

This is elegance. Such a simple yet innovative idea that causes one to think' date=' "Well why hadn't I thought of that?" My appropriately named Ylbert Amelion thanks you.[/quote']

The only issue with any warpaints mod (not just this one) is that they edit race forms by necessity unlike additional hair and eyes mods (damned Bethesda design). If/when we add new warpaint mods we must make sure we:

A) Make sure it is inline with any DLCs.

B) Make sure it is inline with the USKP fixes.

In the absence of these, we could make a patch if needed, just a bit of work to do.

That being said, I do like the lore friendliness and concept of this mod, it looks nice.

There's also a "replacer" version of it that does not edit the race records and causes no conflicts, you just get the letter you want and extract it into the correct texture folder, the only drawback is that anybody wearing that particular vanilla warpaint will be wearing the replacer version. Thank you for liking it though :)