Magistrate Eyes

Magistrate

Magistrate Eyes

Mod short description:
Since Oblivion* I always hated the vanilla dead-looking eye colors so I took as a base the excellent textures from Nevenbridge's Natural Eyes and worked on them with GIMP trying to bring vividity out of colors and at the same time trying to stay close to the lore. Therefor, I present to you Magistrate Eyes for Skyrim.  The pack replace several vanilla eyes, more specifically it includes new eyes for humans and elves; also, while the Standard Version ships with lore-friendly dunmer eyes I got incredibly bored with the good-ole red eyes for all dunmer and I made an Alternate Version which includes three bright colors (blue, green and red) for dark elves only:

- 9 Eyes for Humans
- 4 Eyes for Dunmeri
- 3 Eyes for Aldmeri
- 3 Eyes for Bosmeri

- 3 Eyes for Dunmeri [Alternate]

Pictures:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

User Reviews:
looks really colorful' date=' fantasy like. going to give it a try 8)  [/quote']

I love what the pics are doing for the high elf eyes I am downloading these and will be back later to endorse...Take care :) 

Well' date=' I have recently been through them all - all the eye packs. THIS is my favorite. It has the perfect blend of being interesting and compelling visually without being too much. These are just excellent. Great job. I would love to see you make a large pack with more variety' date=' just to see what you'd come up with. The Best Eyes In Skyrim. Right here.[/quote'']

Thank you but well, aside the alternate dark elves eyes set which are definitely not lore-friendly the others are lore-correct as far as colors go I believe. I mean if you take humans you can get all kind of "bright eyes" as for high elves/dark elves I am not sure what you mean by "unnatural" since we are talking of a fantasy scenario.

Some of the human and altmeri eyes are okay, but the rest are over saturated (unnatural). The eye mods we compared for the upcoming STEP version are Natural Eyes and XCE. Your eye mod would have to be agreed upon by the community as superior over these to be included. If you would like to provide some in-game screen shots using all three we'd be glad to check them out. ;)

I particularly like the orange and purple eyes (my current mage has purplish eyes). Also, don't forget about the STEP Mandate when suggesting any mod.

I am not suggesting my mod is better than any others as it's not my place to judge the work of others, not to mention the fact that my mod is fairly recent and much less known so it would be hard to "be agreed by the community as superior over the ones included". I was merely suggesting my mod as an alternative which may appease people that got bored by the overpopular eyes mods which you quoted.

If you would like to provide some in-game screen shots using all three we'd be glad to check them out.

Fair enough, I will be posting a couple of in-game screenies to give a better idea; but which three eyes you'd like me to use?

Way too bright in my opinion.

I guess it all boils down to personal tastes in the end, for me either vanilla's and the other 2 quoted mods are way too not bright as in they don't stand out enough hence the mod, hence the proposal of it as an alternative (since I doubt I am the only one around with this very same opinion) :)

Chances of that are slim since most ENB Profiles completely overwrite another. Other than the brightness of the eyes the eyes themselves are okay. Skyrim looks dull in color because it's SUPPOSED to be dull in color. So when we're reviewing this, remember that we're doing in for the sake of making sure that it fits Skyrim as a game, and Skyrim has a really washed out and drab colorset, even with the characters and eyes.