SRLE: Legacy of The Dragonborn Reqtified

Took a quick look at your mod list-nothing jumps out at me immediately (though it was just a quick look).  

If something didn't have its master, I don't think you would get that fail condition-it should just quit out.

Sounds like you might be well served through just starting at the bottom of your load order and disabling mods until things actually start.  Then you'll want to work back from there.

I've been doing this since STEP came out, and I still mess things up and encounter bizarre, inexplicable issues.  It's a massive learning curve, and this particular guide as it stands requires a bit more work on our side since the guide authors are taking some well-deserved rest.  It's almost a full-time job staying on top of mod updates, conflict resolution AND finding new things to add and working out CR with them.

Thanks for the response.

I asked over at Reddit too, which caused a bit of head scratching, but with their help I've been able to track it down to the CRPatch.esp specifically. After finding I did a bit of a poor job removing the masters for the removed mods, I was advised:

...how did you take out the masters? Ideal way is to remove all references to the master and then use the Clean Masters function in xEdit.

So I've started looking at that, although I'm not 100% sure on what to do. I've made dummy esps for the removed mods, removed them as masters and tried clean masters, but when I did I got an assertation error. It also removed some references related to Requiem, I'm wondering what else it got rid of now... I might just have to use the mods I took out. 

Oof, yeah.  I can definitely see where telling a mod it didn't need a master but leaving dependencies in it would bork things up.

If you have time, you can always make your own custom CRPatch.  That's pretty close to what I was going to do before I figured I should just wait for Requiem 2.00 on the chance this guide might get a redo.  Or, at least, I could go ahead with the latest Requeim if I had to do it myself (and I'll have more time in a couple months).  

One trick you might try (which is still somewhat time intensive, but maybe a little less so) is instead of trying to scrub all the stuff from the CRPatch, you just copy everything that doesn't reference the stuff you don't want into a brand new CR Patch.

Yea, I got this answer shortly after posting here:

No no no, do NOT delete the master file from the header. Try again with the original esp. Load it in xEdit with a dummy esp substituted for the master you want to remove. Check the esp for errors. It will show you a list of records that have errors. Resolve those errors either by deleting the reference or the entire record. Once checking for errors stops showing anything, Clean Masters. It will automatically remove any masters that aren't referenced. Deleting the master yourself leads to weird behaviour and crashes.

I'm very grateful for the very patient people helping me. :P

If I ended up looking at making my own CR Patch, where would I go about learning to do that? I'm not completely sure what's involved.

I learned the basics back with Neovalen's original guide:

https://wiki.step-project.com/User:Neovalen/Skyrim_Revisited_-_Legendary_Edition/Conflict_Resolution

That won't be as helpful, since that guide is out of date, but it may start to give you an idea of what to look for.  Be sure to watch this video that is included in the guide.

Here is another good post with some resources: 

https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/3ejcfx/tes5edit_modgroups_advice_and_examples/

Basically, you find the conflicts, and you forward the records that you want to win into a new plugin using TES5 edit.  This will likely be a time consuming process; doubly so as you are just beginning.  

Thank you very much.

I've had a weird development. In TES5Edit, I've checked for errors and a whole bunch of stuff popped up in the messages tab, presumably the missing records from the mods I took out. However, when I go to find the records and delete them, as advised, they're not there. For example, the first record found is this:

[00:00] MerchantCaravanAChest "Chest" [CONT:0007434B]
    [00:00]     CONT \ Items \ Item \ CNTO - Item \ Item -> [10002E1F] < Error: Could not be resolved >

But when I Ctrl+Click or simply try to manually find the record, it's nowhere to be seen. I'm very confused now, and I'm not sure what to do about it.

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a question about one of the mods, TK Dodge - Requiem Destiny. I've no idea what it's supposed to do. I assumed it would stop TK Dodge being used until I got the Requiem dodge perk, but I'm at level 1 and I'm able to dodge just fine. I suspect, although I've not been able to try it yet, that this means dodging will work in heavy armour too, which I understand is not supposed to be the case.

I had been using this mod in the past, and it worked just fine, but the author has recently decided to take it down. :/ I rather wish I'd kept the file now.

So yea, am I missing something or is the mod not working?

I've got a question about one of the mods, TK Dodge - Requiem Destiny. I've no idea what it's supposed to do. I assumed it would stop TK Dodge being used until I got the Requiem dodge perk, but I'm at level 1 and I'm able to dodge just fine. I suspect, although I've not been able to try it yet, that this means dodging will work in heavy armour too, which I understand is not supposed to be the case.

I had been using this mod in the past, and it worked just fine, but the author has recently decided to take it down. :/ I rather wish I'd kept the file now.

So yea, am I missing something or is the mod not working?

Correct... dodging is supposed to be locked until you take the dodge perk.  Something must have been borked in one of the updates.  You can leave the mod out if you like.

• 2 weeks later...