Back from total computer death...

Nozzer66

I hear black cats with giant deadly horns on their heads can sometimes clumsily bump into your electronics. Kind of deadly to them though if you have 1000w power supplies.

Out of curiosity, what sort of SSD did you have and how did it fail?

Power spike. Got more than just the PSU and SSD. Killed the Microwave, Fridge, Toaster, Kettle, Sandwich Maker and Washing Machine as well. Luckily the TV and PS4 are plugged into a surge protected power board...

Samsung SSD, like in the sig. Not that worried, insurance paid for it all. Just the time is all. But will have a new machine after XMAS anyway so no biggie.

Edited by Nozzer66

Power spike. Got more than just the PSU and SSD. Killed the Microwave, Fridge, Toaster, Kettle, Sandwich Maker and Washing Machine as well. Luckily the TV and PS4 are plugged into a surge protected power board...

Samsung SSD, like in the sig. Not that worried, insurance paid for it all. Just the time is all. But will have a new machine after XMAS anyway so no biggie.

Ooohh! Nasty. Didn't even think to look at your sig. Doh!

I do, yes. But it only needs to hang together till XMAS when the new system shall be unleashed.

Yeah now your insurance is paying you get a new new rig.

I have a 500gb 840evo and  500gb 850evo. When the new CPUs are out next year i will be getting rid of the 840 evo and get a whole new rig.

also the 1080ti :) cant wait.