Wyre Bash Assistance/Mod Setup - [SOLVED]

Kingdestiny

Question

Hi just registered here. I used Wyre Bash a long time ago for oblivion and did something like 280mods installed for it. I've been using the much simpler NMM for a long time now with Skyrim (for the past few STEP setups) and it's made me a bit lazy. Would someone be willing to recover some of the advanced options in WB but in a really really simple explanation. I read some info on the guide for WB itself and a few articles elsewhere. I even have them open right now.

Questions.

What I want is a step by step process of what order to do things in and maybe where to find that option. I want to know how to get mods easily imported from NMM to Wyre Bash. I would like to know the current status of BOSS and WB for Skyrim as I haven't been able to sift through much recent information on regards to load order. I would like to know how to create a bash patch and at what stage do I go about doing that. I'd like to know how to use Wyre Bash's simple mod cleaning. (I'd like to stay away from TES5edit as with the number I would like to add it would take ages and I don't have the time.)

I know this is quite a few questions and maybe not even in the right forums but, I use STEP a lot. If it weren't for STEP I wouldn't have even bothered again with Skyrim to try any type of in-depth modding. Since it seems like the time to start using WB again I just want to get the hang of it again. If you have any other things to suggest that I didn't ask about WB please feel free to comment. Thanks a lot, for both the assistance you may give and the outstanding guide you have made.

It keeps backups in their archives. But what do you mean by manual?

I'm pretty tired so this might not make complete sense, but if you dump all the archives into that folder and go to the Installers Tab in WB it should recognize most of them.  From there it's a matter of ordering them and setting them all up to be BAIN friendly (i.e. folder structure recognizable by WB).  All the color codes are explained here.
@Farlo

Glad you are becoming so fluent in using WB ;) The only thing is that you are pointing above to the ancient WB guide. WrinklyNinja has since updated extensively, and the color info in the new help file within WB itself will be more accurate and also have much more updated info. Technical guides also exist in the Mopy folder.

@Farlo

Glad you are becoming so fluent in using WB ;) The only thing is that you are pointing above to the ancient WB guide. WrinklyNinja has since updated extensively, and the color info in the new help file within WB itself will be more accurate and also have much more updated info. Technical guides also exist in the Mopy folder.

My bad, didn't know about the built-in documentation, that's just the first thing I found when Googling about the colors.

Ya if I may make a suggestion to you guys. Or in particular to WrinklyNinja since he is redoing the guide. Youtube is the friend of easy modding. If he went through like a handful of mods (5 or 6 mods) from STEP using WB and showed every step. Anyone would be able to do it. Watching a tutorial for oblivion with it was how i learned to use it originally.

Ya if I may make a suggestion to you guys. Or in particular to WrinklyNinja since he is redoing the guide. Youtube is the friend of easy modding. If he went through like a handful of mods (5 or 6 mods) from STEP using WB and showed every step. Anyone would be able to do it. Watching a tutorial for oblivion with it was how i learned to use it originally.

I'm pretty terrible at giving presentations, I wonder if we can get Gopher to do one :D

I'm pretty terrible at giving presentations, I wonder if we can get Gopher to do one :D
This is perfect for instructing users in the basics if they don't want to really understand *why* they are doing certain things; however, it should still be left to the doc (including both official program Help and the WB Guide on the wiki) to provide the background for users that do. There would need to be a series on this via YT though, because there are a lot of little tasks that need to be accomplished when using WB

Well the video I saw was like one single video that was about three hours long. It went through about 200mods and showed every single step from downloading them all to putting them in the right folder to combining them, ordering them, and bash patching them. While also explaining each step in depth. It was single-handedly the most helpful instruction on Wyre Bash I've ever seen. The Wyre Bash wiki is nice once you know where to start with the program and you run into an issue you can check it for something you don't know. It's kind of daunting to use it though if you have no idea how to use it to begin with.

I've been planning on putting some videos together for certain processes on the Wiki once things settle out more. We could certainly put our heads together and put some videos together for WB.

Yep, and I suggested a topical series to avoid a gigantic video, which is difficult to create professionally or to view. People will do much better with 5-min short topical videos dedicated to one or two simple tasks all presented in a recommended order.

Sounds good to me.

I've been planning on putting some videos together for certain processes on the Wiki once things settle out more. We could certainly put our heads together and put some videos together for WB.

Yep, and I suggested a topical series to avoid a gigantic video, which is difficult to create professionally or to view. People will do much better with 5-min short topical videos dedicated to one or two simple tasks all presented in a recommended order.

Sounds good to me.

I agree wholeheartedly.

I agree to that. I look forward to tips mostly on getting complex NMM styled mods ordered easily for Wyre Smash. I really hope everyone will start making Wyre Wizards again. Those are really the best. I saw a few mods have them now that didn't use to. Really exciting stuff.

Edit: So I don't waste space on another thread and I have a few good minds here. How important would you say it is to learn to use DDSopt and Optimizer Textures? Looks like two programs that would take awhile of reading before I get the hang of them. Is the performance difference huge? Last time I did STEP I had a weird issue with FPS where when I got close to cities. Especially Whiterun I had massive FPS drop. However everywhere else in the game, even inside cities, FPS was really good.