Assets (meshes, textures, etc) not merging in MO using Merge Plugins Standalone

Gutmaw

Question

Both of you try turning the batch copying setting off on the merges tab.  You likely have a permissions issue which isn't allowing merge plugins to execute the batch files correctly.  You can also just run the batch file in the folder where the merged ESP goes (in the folder merge -> CopyAssets.bat or something like that) after the merge.

Regards,
- Mator

I think one of the issues that can crop up is if the assets are in a different mod folder than the esp or if there are multiple overwriting plugins, MP will only care about the first instance.

At least, this is what I have previously found and have abused :P

Thanks for taking a look guys!

Just noticed this...only meshes and textures folders aren't being copied.  Other folders like scripts, interface, seq, etc are copying to the merged mod.  I unpack all BSA upon mod install...

Tried unchecking Batch copying assets in the merge tab and still not copying meshes/textures.  

Thx 

Edited by Gutmaw

Additional info...

• Messhes and textures are never copied
  • Scripts are sometimes being copied.  BUT scripts folders, often empty, are always created in my merged folders even when there are no scripts in my merging mods
  • Sound and Interface files seem to copy over partially/sometimes

So based on the above issues, I wonder if there are also errors in my merged esp's...highly likely i suppose eh?

Edited by Gutmaw

Both of you try turning the batch copying setting off on the merges tab.  You likely have a permissions issue which isn't allowing merge plugins to execute the batch files correctly.  You can also just run the batch file in the folder where the merged ESP goes (in the folder merge -> CopyAssets.bat or something like that) after the merge.

Regards,

- Mator

Tried unchecking Batch copying assets in the merge tab and still not copying meshes/textures. I agree with the permissions issue hypothesis as my last good merge happened on 9-16-2016, but I can not for the life of me figure out why now. 
      Things I have tried to this point 
      - Run Merge plugins with administrator rights
      - Reinstall Champollion and papyrus patch
      - Enable and Disable include assets and copy scripts & batch copying in the settings 
      -I have tried both Standalone/Scripted versions of Merge Plugins.
All with the same results????

I have allowed the plugins to be merged and then copying all assets from merged mods into the merged folder with no negative results while testing, but proceeding up to higher levels before finding this to be a problem is a troublesome thought.

Additional info...

• Messhes and textures are never copied
  • Scripts are sometimes being copied.  BUT scripts folders, often empty, are always created in my merged folders even when there are no scripts in my merging mods
  • Sound and Interface files seem to copy over partially/sometimes

So based on the above issues, I wonder if there are also errors in my merged esp's...highly likely i suppose eh?

I have the exact same experiance as Gutmaw's description above..
      Meshes and textures are never copied
      Scripts are sometimes being copied.  BUT scripts folders, often empty, and are always created in my merged folders.
      Sound and Interface files seem to copy over partially/sometimes

I think I'd have to remote to figure out what the problem is.  If you guys have teamviewer or something that could work.  Add me on steam "matortheeternal" and I can try to fix the problem.  If one of you volunteers the fix will probably work for the other.

I have the exact same experiance as Gutmaw's description above..
      Meshes and textures are never copied
      Scripts are sometimes being copied.  BUT scripts folders, often empty, and are always created in my merged folders.
      Sound and Interface files seem to copy over partially/sometimes

Hmm. this is interesting I wasn't sure if it was even supposed to work with sound files thanx for confirming that least, I'm having similar issues scripts copy over ok but sound files do not. Also if I choose the create BSA option BSAopt pops up with blank fields and the merge process stalls at that point I can only cancel the merge to get out of it. Also with any merged files player dialogue doesn't function anymore (lack of sound files?). Etc.

Edited by soupdragon

Ok just read that it doesn't work with Game.GetFormFromFile() either. Shame. Guess you could use Quest.GetQuest() but not everyone uses SKSE. GetForm was only used as it was recomended a way of avoiding Properties and the dreaded Strings table limit. Try and fix one thing and you end up borking something else. Ah well.