Dynamic Distant Objects LOD - DynDOLOD 2.18

sheson

Question

DynDOLOD 2.18 condensed update post

What’s New?

This is a simple maintenance update to address a bug and add updates for a couple mods.

See Full update post for 2.xx update instructions

Some Assembly Required

Caranthir Tower Reborn - DynDOLOD Resources contains an optimized full model of the tower for a little bit more performance friendly Neverfade LOD. Mesh rules also add LOD for the stone dragon and the portal building.

Optional: to sync concealing/revealing the tower from far distances install and overwrite the two original scripts with the ones from DynDOLOD Patches.

Verified working out of the box - included rules

Trollstigen

Verified working out of the box - added/updated meshes and/or textures

Killian Castle

Lyngwi - A Nordic Village

Fixes include

Fixed sometimes not falling back to billboard when generating ultra trees by Monobloc

[spoiler=Changelog DynDOLOD 2.18]DynDOLOD.exe - fixed sometimes not falling back to billboard when generating ultra trees

DynDOLOD.exe - add the worldspace Master as activate parent for Never Fade LOD/Full LOD objects

DynDOLOD.exe - set VWD on original base records used for dynamic LOD only as well

TexGen.exe - sync updates with DynDOLOD.exe

TexGen.exe - fixed generation of dlc01castlefortlod.dds

TexGen.exe - generation for impwood01lod.dds

Papyrus Scripts - activate worldspace Master in case the activate all function is called

DynDOLOD_Manual.html - updated compatibility information for several mods

DynDOLOD Resources - updated/added meshes/textures for better compatibility with mods

DynDOLOD Patches - added script patches for Caranthir Tower Reborn

See Full update post for full changelog, fully detailed update instructions and updated compatibility information for Skryim mods.

DynDOLOD 2.17

Hello everyone. Its my first time reporting on STEPs forum, so in case I forgot some informations Im sorry :D... So after a lot of testing with mods I decided to go with Dyndolod + Skyfalls/Mills because the original mills look ridiculous imho. Everything fine, I followed the guide to the letter and double checked everything was made and installed correctly. And Im pretty sure I didnt skip any major step. After generating Medium LODs with all the mods I needed activated (Skyfalls/Mills included), I noticed I had not to do any change according to the specific Skyfalls/Mills/Dyndolod installation guide, as every change adviced for the LODs was already there. So the Dyndolod executable runs perfectly fine, I get the Output, I make a .rar of it and install with NMM, all good. Start a new game and check everything works before keep playing. But then after few hours gameplay, just yesterday I noticed that one of the mills outside Whiterun (viewed from inside the city) is missing the building, and theres just a sail floating. Also the falls on the background are not animated anymore. Going outside the town I noticed the same mill isnt animated in the distance and the falls animations fail to load 50% of the time. Pretty sure everything worked fine as the game started since I checked carefully,being like the 5th time I have to do a clean install due to adding too many new mods everytime xD... I cant post anymore information since Im not on my PC atm, any help would be glad. Sorry again if anything in my report is missing, and thanks for this fantastic mod!

Hello everyone. Its my first time reporting on STEPs forum, so in case I forgot some informations Im sorry :D... So after a lot of testing with mods I decided to go with Dyndolod + Skyfalls/Mills because the original mills look ridiculous imho. Everything fine, I followed the guide to the letter and double checked everything was made and installed correctly. And Im pretty sure I didnt skip any major step. After generating Medium LODs with all the mods I needed activated (Skyfalls/Mills included), I noticed I had not to do any change according to the specific Skyfalls/Mills/Dyndolod installation guide, as every change adviced for the LODs was already there. So the Dyndolod executable runs perfectly fine, I get the Output, I make a .rar of it and install with NMM, all good. Start a new game and check everything works before keep playing. But then after few hours gameplay, just yesterday I noticed that one of the mills outside Whiterun (viewed from inside the city) is missing the building, and theres just a sail floating. Also the falls on the background are not animated anymore. Going outside the town I noticed the same mill isnt animated in the distance and the falls animations fail to load 50% of the time. Pretty sure everything worked fine as the game started since I checked carefully,being like the 5th time I have to do a clean install due to adding too many new mods everytime xD... I cant post anymore information since Im not on my PC atm, any help would be glad. Sorry again if anything in my report is missing, and thanks for this fantastic mod!

You can try deactivating/avtivating DynDOLOD from its MCM menu to see if that fixes the dynamic LOD objects not showing properly.

While SkyFalls/Mills is still supported it is not needed anymore. I suggest to remove it from the load order before generating LOD.

Install WhiterunExterior from the DynDOLOD Resources if you want to see certain buildings outside of Whiterun. They are missing from the vanilla game for performance reasons. You do need to generate LOD again after adding this.

Edited by sheson

You can try deactivating/avtivating DynDOLOD from its MCM menu to see if that fixes the dynamic LOD objects not showing properly.

While SkyFalls/Mills is still supported it is not needed anymore. I suggest to remove it from the load order before generating LOD.

Install WhiterunExterior from the DynDOLOD Resources if you want to see certain buildings outside of Whiterun. They are missing from the vanilla game for performance reasons. You do need to generate LOD again after adding this.

I already tried deactivating/activating it but it did not work. And I already installed the Whiterun exteriors from the Dyndolod Resources. Ill try removing Skyfalls/Mills from the load order and regenerate the LODs and check if that works. Thanks for the fast reply! Edited by LxndrSonGoku

I already tried deactivating/activating it but it did not work. And I already installed the Whiterun exteriors from the Dyndolod Resources. Ill try removing Skyfalls/Mills from the load order and regenerate the LODs and check if that works. Thanks for the fast reply!

Then make sure to follow the clean save update routine when generating a new DynDOLOD.esp from scratch.

Hello, I am currently experiencing a problem where when my trees load, some or many of them do not have leaves.. They just look like dead sticks... Any idea on what could be causing this? It seems that enabling or disabling tree animations has SOME effect.. but I have yet to completely test that.. I have noticed a difference in this naked tree glitch with tree animations being enabled and disabled.. I am using Enhanced vanilla Trees. Always testing on a new/ clean profile. Could this be a load order problem? Doesn't seem likely, but I don't want to rule it out.

Hello, I am currently experiencing a problem where when my trees load, some or many of them do not have leaves.. They just look like dead sticks... Any idea on what could be causing this? It seems that enabling or disabling tree animations has SOME effect.. but I have yet to completely test that.. I have noticed a difference in this naked tree glitch with tree animations being enabled and disabled.. I am using Enhanced vanilla Trees. Always testing on a new/ clean profile. Could this be a load order problem? Doesn't seem likely, but I don't want to rule it out.

DynDOLOD does LOD. By default DynDOLOD does not modify full model trees right in front of the player. Type tll in console. Whatever is left now is typically not modified by DynDOLOD  (only waterwheels and windmillfans)

Edited by sheson