ILS on all alternate start options. Can't go anywhere outside.

mpjbay

Question

I followed SRLE to the letter but for some reason no matter what option I choose I cannot get go outside. I get ILS for all options however, I can go into a home but, when I try to go outside I get ILS

Any suggestions? :) I'd spent a week following SRLE, I'd love to play it. 

Try installing an ENB.  I had this a while back and changing the ENB binary for an older one fixed it with just ENBoost, actually installing a complete ENB with latest binaries also solved it.

Edit - Hang on sorry, just realised you were talking about ILS, I was getting a CTD on all alternate starts or on entering Helgen Keep on vanilla start.  Yours is a different issue.  As Paul said, ILS is usually an OOM issue so look to your Crash Fixes install and ini.

Edited by dunc001

OK I was able to load two saves and go outside. I think my problem is that I did not click "Sync" in ENB Organizer. I clicked "Sync" now I am able to go outdoors. 

Now I need to make adjustments for in game performance. :) 

Thanks guys!

Edited by mpjbay

Spoke too soon. Had a CTD on one load, ran fine on another. Looks like there is further tweaking needed. Any suggestions? :)

/? Do I need to have ENB Organizer running when playing the game?

Edited by mpjbay

no you dont need enb organizer to run. Just activate the preset and you are done... but be sure you changed in enblocal.ini the settings for your setup.. as in the videomemorysize and reserved memory values.

Thank you. I verified the enblocal.in edits. 

Any tips in improving gameplay performance. It it a little jumpy when I move around. I already output Dynxxx at the "Low" setting. I have a brand new bomber GPU but it is on a slightly older machine. Probably  amid level system with the older MB. I have 8BG VRAM and 8BG RAM.

Your FPS is CPU related too in Skyrim. This is a single threaded engine and even though your GPU is high end it doesn't really matter in some spots in the game... if your game stutters then i suggest you increase your reserved memory in enblocal ini. Start with 64 and increase little by little 128.256.512 etc until stutter stops or is minimal.

Also if you use Vividian ENB as per SRLE guide you can try the performance version of it

Your FPS is CPU related too in Skyrim. This is a single threaded engine and even though your GPU is high end it doesn't really matter in some spots in the game... if your game stutters then i suggest you increase your reserved memory in enblocal ini. Start with 64 and increase little by little 128.256.512 etc until stutter stops or is minimal.

Also if you use Vividian ENB as per SRLE guide you can try the performance version of it

Thank you. I will try both. :)

BTW Great work on SRLE. I only walked outside for a moment but love the natural windy weather.

I adjusted the reserved memory. It seems to help quite a bit. I have a beefy GPU so I may increase it more. 

/? If I change Vividian ENB for performance do I need to do anything else downstream or am I good to go only changing Vividian?

Thank you again :) <3