736 replies to this topic

#31 sheson

sheson

Dragon King

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,986 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 09:24 AM

got a new error with updated 2.01. Exception in unit prepare line 517: Operation not allowed on sorted list
https://pastebin.com/NR5qX8We

Thanks for reporting. Will be uploading a DynDOLOD 2.02 BETA in a bit. Check the BETA post for updated download links.

Since the update is only for the standalone updating is as easy just simply overwriting the DynDOLOD.exe files and folders.

#32 hobo1137

hobo1137

Prisoner

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 10:31 AM

Using 2.02, I am also getting the DynDOLOD_Worlds.json does not belong to this DynDOLOD.esp.  Steps I have tried:

Uninstalled DynDOLOD, TES5EDIT and PapyrusUtil.  Manually checked and removed all files leftover from those mods in all of the directories.  Verified DynDOLOD.esp and everything related are nowhere on my PC.

Installed TES5EDIT (latest on FO4 Nexus), DynDOLOD 2.02 and PapyrusUtil.  Ran the procedures for TexGen and DynDOLOD and installed.

Did coc whiterun and got the error message.  DynDOLOD_Worlds.json seems to start with a different series of numbers.  DynDOLOD does not seem activated in MCM.  Pics:

#33 sheson

sheson

Dragon King

• Mod Authors
  • 3,986 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 12:14 PM

Using 2.02, I am also getting the DynDOLOD_Worlds.json does not belong to this DynDOLOD.esp.  Steps I have tried:

Uninstalled DynDOLOD, TES5EDIT and PapyrusUtil.  Manually checked and removed all files leftover from those mods in all of the directories.  Verified DynDOLOD.esp and everything related are nowhere on my PC.

Installed TES5EDIT (latest on FO4 Nexus), DynDOLOD 2.02 and PapyrusUtil.  Ran the procedures for TexGen and DynDOLOD and installed.

Did coc whiterun and got the error message.  DynDOLOD_Worlds.json seems to start with a different series of numbers.  DynDOLOD does not seem activated in MCM.  Pics:

You do not need TES5EDIT (latest on FO4 Nexus) :)

You are sure there was no old DynDOLOD.esp or \skse\plugins\StorageUtilData\*.json in the load order?

It looks like \skse\plugins\StorageUtilData\DynDOLOD_Worlds.json is from an older generation and wasn't replaced by the new one.

Make sure no old files ended up in MO overwrite folder.

Use MOs "Data" tab in the right pane to drill down to skse\plugins\StorageUtilData\ to verify the "Mod" each json file comes from.

You could open  \skse\plugins\StorageUtilData\DynDOLOD_Worlds.json in notepad and update the line

"bunchofnumbers":"xxxx",

by copy and pasting the same line from DynDOLOD_Tamriel_Objects.json for example. Note that the line in DynDOLOD_Worlds.json has a comma at the end that is required to be there.

This copy and pasting will only work for DynDOLOD_Worlds.json as it usually contains the same information between generations without any Form IDs

I found a bug, wait for DynDOLOD 2.03 BETA

Edited by sheson, 15 May 2016 - 12:32 PM.

#34 jennykitten78

jennykitten78

Prisoner

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 12:33 PM

This was a brand new install on my new ssd just for skyrim and mods. All brand new. I deleted everything and started over.

#35 Rasor1911

Rasor1911

Prisoner

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 01:20 PM

Thanks for reporting, found the culprits of both problem. Will be uploading a DynDOLOD 2.01 BETA in a bit. Check the BETA post for updated download links.

Since the update is only for the standalone updating is as easy just simply overwriting the DynDOLOD.exe files and folders.

Just tried the new build, all seems to work fine. thanks for the quick fix :;):

Just a note; is it possible to create some sort of error when texgen textures are not included? the application just hangs and logs arn't made

took me a few tries to notice that i'm an idiot and forgot them :blush:

#36 narphous

narphous

Prisoner

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 01:32 PM

"DynDOLOD_Worlds.json does not belong to DynDOLOD.esp" either happens because the clean save cycle wasn't done properly or when mixing files from older generations with new ones.
Test with new game with coc whiterun from main menu, then it is save game. Check the MCM information window that all files for the worldspace have the same bunch of numbers.

OK, I've followed the  update procedure 3 times, removed everything related to the old dyndolod I could find, regenerated, and still get this error. Does anyone have a process for completely purging the system of old assets, along with a list of assets incompatible with the new dyndodlod?

Thanks  in advance

#37 Rasor1911

Rasor1911

Prisoner

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 01:37 PM

OK, I've followed the  update procedure 3 times, removed everything related to the old dyndolod I could find, regenerated, and still get this error. Does anyone have a process for completely purging the system of old assets, along with a list of assets incompatible with the new dyndodlod?

Thanks  in advance

It isn't a problem on your side, sheson has found a bug to do with this

just look a few posts up, we need to wait for 2.03 BETA

Edited by Rasor1911, 15 May 2016 - 01:38 PM.

#38 sheson

sheson

Dragon King

• Mod Authors
  • 3,986 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 02:04 PM

Just tried the new build, all seems to work fine. thanks for the quick fix :;):

Just a note; is it possible to create some sort of error when texgen textures are not included? the application just hangs and logs arn't made

took me a few tries to notice that i'm an idiot and forgot them :blush:

TexGen writes to the same logfile DynDOLOD\Logs\TES5Edit_log.txt and there will be plenty of file not found errors in case DLC *.bsa  are missing. It will run through nonetheless.

If you have no DLC installed it doesn't matter that those LOD textures can not be created. It would use the default from DynDOLOD Resources as a fallback, but then if no DLC is installed that won't happen either because there is no LOD that requires them.

Edited by sheson, 15 May 2016 - 02:05 PM.

#39 sheson

sheson

Dragon King

• Mod Authors
  • 3,986 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 02:26 PM

Thnaks for reply, can i use vanilla textures? Is this mod compatible with Holds the City overhaul? It adds settlements and expands the cities.

Vanilla Textures are supported out of the box. Then there is no need to run TexGen.

See DynDOLOD 1.48/1.49 update post from April for information about Holds. There are some instructions to fix an error with Holds.

Strange, when going to exterior in Solitude I receive a message that DynDOLOD_Worlds.json does not belong to DynDOLOD.esp. Activating in the MCM gets rid of the message, but when checking the MCM again it's not ticked anymore. However I can see the Solitude mill fans when standing on the smaller bridge near Dragon Bridge. Also, the mill has no smim-sails.

The Whiterun mills are having the yellow smim-sails, but they are of vanilla size. Lights etc in the far distance, it all works, but DynDoLOD does not stay ticked in the MCM.

---

Edit. On another note, at one instance when regenerating the program went idle. I had dragged the output window to the left side of the screen. After I hovered over clicked the window's icon at the taskbar I saw there was a little message window asking if I wanted to overwrite. I couldn't interact with it however, because I could not get the message window to pop up in front of the output window.

I am having the same issue Ilkob is having. Everything completed OK but once in the game, I receive a message that DynDOLOD_Worlds.json does not belong to DynDOLOD.esp. I am using STEP: Extended and decided to try the beta version and I did have the error with the exception but checked here and seen 2.01 was uploaded so it fixed the error. I cleaned everything out from all the folders for DynDOLOD and started over. After 3 tries, I still receive the message that DynDOLOD_Worlds.json does not belong to DynDOLOD.esp.

Thank you for the reply, you are right the warning was harmless since i checked the reference which took some time and was very annoying to check so i am very happy to hear about the possible automation process. I am having the "DynDOLOD_Worlds.json does not belong to

DynDOLOD.esp" thing now too, i'll admit that before trying the beta i deleted only the old scripts , interfece, esp , old output data and the xedit files. I left the old meshes and textures you had included on the old version only because i know more mods used them and i didn't even wanted to try to find the sources. I did a new game by the way.

Using 2.02, I am also getting the DynDOLOD_Worlds.json does not belong to this DynDOLOD.esp. Steps I have tried:

Uninstalled DynDOLOD, TES5EDIT and PapyrusUtil. Manually checked and removed all files leftover from those mods in all of the directories. Verified DynDOLOD.esp and everything related are nowhere on my PC.

Installed TES5EDIT (latest on FO4 Nexus), DynDOLOD 2.02 and PapyrusUtil. Ran the procedures for TexGen and DynDOLOD and installed.

Did coc whiterun and got the error message. DynDOLOD_Worlds.json seems to start with a different series of numbers. DynDOLOD does not seem activated in MCM. Pics:

https://imgur.com/a/g4rg4

Same reports about the same problem always mean something is up :;):

Get DynDOLOD 2.03 BETA, which should fix this issue.

Edited by sheson, 15 May 2016 - 02:27 PM.

#40 druninja

druninja

Prisoner

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 02:37 PM

Thanks for reporting. Will be uploading a DynDOLOD 2.02 BETA in a bit. Check the BETA post for updated download links.

Just woke up and gave this update a try. Now that it is working for me it cut down DynoDOLOD worlds process from 40 mins to 16 mins 10 seconds

#41 sheson

sheson

Dragon King

• Mod Authors
  • 3,986 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 02:57 PM

Just woke up and gave this update a try. Now that it is working for me it cut down DynoDOLOD worlds process from 40 mins to 16 mins 10 seconds

I wonder what you will do with all that extra time now.

#42 druninja

druninja

Prisoner

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 03:19 PM

I ... I might be able to play the game, after all these years.

#43 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,589 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 03:22 PM

My time actually increased. :( It used to take around 25 mins. Now it takes around 40 mins. This was from a clean install; generating all files. CPU was maxed out too.

#44 hobo1137

hobo1137

Prisoner

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 03:33 PM

You do not need TES5EDIT (latest on FO4 Nexus) :)

You are sure there was no old DynDOLOD.esp or \skse\plugins\StorageUtilData\*.json in the load order?

It looks like \skse\plugins\StorageUtilData\DynDOLOD_Worlds.json is from an older generation and wasn't replaced by the new one.

Make sure no old files ended up in MO overwrite folder.

Use MOs "Data" tab in the right pane to drill down to skse\plugins\StorageUtilData\ to verify the "Mod" each json file comes from.

You could open  \skse\plugins\StorageUtilData\DynDOLOD_Worlds.json in notepad and update the line

"bunchofnumbers":"xxxx",

by copy and pasting the same line from DynDOLOD_Tamriel_Objects.json for example. Note that the line in DynDOLOD_Worlds.json has a comma at the end that is required to be there.

This copy and pasting will only work for DynDOLOD_Worlds.json as it usually contains the same information between generations without any Form IDs

I found a bug, wait for DynDOLOD 2.03 BETA

I tried the 2.03 version but now I have an issue I did not see in 2.00/2.01/2.02.  After about 10 minutes of DynDOLOD generating, the window just locks up.  In the output folder, there are meshes, textures and three to five .json files every time I try generating.  In the previous beta versions, I think there were a lot more than that.  Task Manager shows lodgen.exe running with dyndolod.exe but when lodgen finishes nothing else happens.

#45 Ilkob

Ilkob

Prisoner

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 03:43 PM

2.03 beta initialized fine!

Only the Solitude mill does not have the red smim-sails, the other mills are having the yellow smim-sails, but the fans are of vanilla size and and seem to be using the vanilla meshes instead of smim's.

Edited by Ilkob, 15 May 2016 - 03:44 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dyndolod, lod

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users