• This topic is locked This topic is locked
99 replies to this topic

#31 IsharaMeradin

IsharaMeradin

Prisoner

• Mod Authors
  • 34 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 11:12 AM

Depending on the installation options this mod would require its own LOD meshes and/or textures.

A quick and simple fix that might be just good enough would be to darken the pre-rendered LOD texture ..\Textures\lod\stonewall01mixlod.dds included in DynDOLOD Resources - Core Files. This will affect the LOD for terraces as well, but still not match the different type of cut stones.

Alternatively darken the LOD nifs for these one by one by adjusting their vertex colors.

I ended up taking that mod's full models and copying them to the lod folder and renaming them to match the lod names then set that mod to overwrite the DynDOLOD Resource files.  Seems to be working so far.  Probably not as processing friendly as using a lower poly model with a lower res texture but it gets the job done.

#32 sheson

sheson

Dragon King

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,986 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 11:41 AM

I ended up taking that mod's full models and copying them to the lod folder and renaming them to match the lod names then set that mod to overwrite the DynDOLOD Resource files.  Seems to be working so far.  Probably not as processing friendly as using a lower poly model with a lower res texture but it gets the job done.

That works.

Alternatively you can just add a couple rules for the first part of mesh filenames like "\stonewall" so it matches all of them and setting LOD4 column to Full Model

Put those those rules into a rule filename for the esp and they will autoapply each time you click low/medium/high. See ..\DynDOLOD\Docs\DynDOLOD_Mod_Authors.html for more info

The main concern with using full models is not number of triangles but if their tiled UV not allowing use of texture atlas. If there is a few dozens of those you will notice draw calls go.

Since the walls all use the same textures they will still be combined for each quad anyways, one more shape in a quad is no big deal.

I might look some more at that mod and maybe make it compatible with a couple tricks hidden in LODGen.exe

You will know if it shows up in the compatibility list

Edited by sheson, 09 August 2016 - 11:44 AM.

#33 Blitzidus

Blitzidus

Prisoner

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 05:36 PM

For some reason, 9/10 times when im using the map, my game CTD's. Im not sure what's causing it but the last line of every papyruslog always reads the following:

[SHESON_DynDOLOD_MCM <DynDOLOD_MCM (2B00090F)>] Load DynDOLOD_Tamriel.json TRUE
[08/10/2016 - 12:22:23AM] 
[SHESON_DynDOLOD_MCM <DynDOLOD_MCM (2B00090F)>] Load DynDOLOD_Tamriel_Objects.json TRUE
[08/10/2016 - 12:22:24AM] [SHESON_DynDOLOD_MCM <DynDOLOD_MCM (2B00090F)>] Assigning INI values

Anyone who could help me with this?

#34 sheson

sheson

Dragon King

• Mod Authors
  • 3,986 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 06:45 PM

For some reason, 9/10 times when im using the map, my game CTD's. Im not sure what's causing it but the last line of every papyruslog always reads the following:

[SHESON_DynDOLOD_MCM <DynDOLOD_MCM (2B00090F)>] Load DynDOLOD_Tamriel.json TRUE
[08/10/2016 - 12:22:23AM] 
[SHESON_DynDOLOD_MCM <DynDOLOD_MCM (2B00090F)>] Load DynDOLOD_Tamriel_Objects.json TRUE
[08/10/2016 - 12:22:24AM] [SHESON_DynDOLOD_MCM <DynDOLOD_MCM (2B00090F)>] Assigning INI values

Anyone who could help me with this?

The papyrus log is not a crash log and the status messages from DynDOLOD are probably written seconds or minutes earlier and have nothing to do with the CTD.

See the FAQ: Skyrim: ILS or CTD

Make sure you have good inis with BethINI

Edited by sheson, 09 August 2016 - 06:56 PM.

#35 aBMW323i

aBMW323i

Prisoner

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 02:44 PM

So quick question... Actually a few: 1. Followed guide to the tee and ended up with the mod loading (so i presume) but in the MCM, DynDOLOD is not active and greyed out. I can't think of any explanation that would cause it to not allow it to be activated. Also the MCM settings are all 0.0000 by default and do not save upon saving game. Do i have to have the Hi-Res DLC active prior to installing or putting together DynDOLOD? Would not having it cause the errors that I'm having? I have deleted the Hi-Res .bsa and .esps and was just curious if that would cause the issues I'm having. Thanks in advance and thanks for the amazing work you have done thus far.

#36 sheson

sheson

Dragon King

• Mod Authors
  • 3,986 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 02:56 PM

So quick question... Actually a few: 1. Followed guide to the tee and ended up with the mod loading (so i presume) but in the MCM, DynDOLOD is not active and greyed out. I can't think of any explanation that would cause it to not allow it to be activated. Also the MCM settings are all 0.0000 by default and do not save upon saving game. Do i have to have the Hi-Res DLC active prior to installing or putting together DynDOLOD? Would not having it cause the errors that I'm having? I have deleted the Hi-Res .bsa and .esps and was just curious if that would cause the issues I'm having. Thanks in advance and thanks for the amazing work you have done thus far.

Are you in an exterior worldspace that you created LOD for?

Did you generate dynamic LOD and copied the all files from the output folder to game/mod folder, especially the skse folder including the *.json files

Did you install all the papyrus scripts from DynDOLOD Resource Core Files?

Do you have PapyrusUtil installed? Which version?

If the MCM Settings Page for the SkyrimPrefs.ini settings shows zero values there might be a problem with the SKSE functions responsible for accessing the values from the ini. Verify SKSE and its data\script\*.pex folder are installed properly.

Hi-Res DLC  is not needed. It would be mentioned in the requirements or instructions otherwise. A texture pack can not interfere in any way with the above problems.

Edited by sheson, 10 August 2016 - 02:57 PM.

#37 PLURricane

PLURricane

Prisoner

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 05:42 PM

I don't suppose someone could help me with this userscript error i keep receiving. 

https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing

#38 IsharaMeradin

IsharaMeradin

Prisoner

• Mod Authors
  • 34 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 07:31 PM

I don't suppose someone could help me with this userscript error i keep receiving. 

I'm no expert but I'd suspect that the problem is related to some missing files:

At the start of TexGen:

[00:00:06.185]	textures\landscape\trees\treeoaktrunk02.dds not found!
[00:00:06.208]	textures\landscape\trees\treeoaktrunk02_n.dds not found!

Right before the error message:

[00:02:24.358]	G:\Games\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\DynDOLOD-temp\textures\landscape\trees\treeoaktrunk02.dds not found!
[00:02:24.374]	G:\Games\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\DynDOLOD-temp\textures\landscape\trees\treeoaktrunk02_n.dds not found!

#39 PLURricane

PLURricane

Prisoner

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 07:33 PM

Well i figured so, but I've re-downloaded all the DynDOLOD files and still get error. So I'm confused where to acquire them.

#40 Astakos

Astakos

Jarl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 01:09 AM

Do you have a DynDOLOD-temp folder in your overwrite folder in MO? If so u must delete it before proceeding.

#41 David2408

David2408

Prisoner

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 01:37 AM

Hey Sheson, I have a question concerning 3D Tree LODs.

If I use Trees with Vanilla Meshes and custom Trunk Textures and custom Branch Textures, what would I have to do to get the textures on the 3D Tree LOD meshes to match the custom bark and branch textures?

EDIT: To specify my question: I know how to create matching billboards of which I know that they are used to a certain extent for the 3D Tree LOD. So, besides creating billboards, what textures do I have to edit in order to get fully matching branches and trunks? There are some tree lod textures in Textures/Landscape/Lod but I don't know if they will be recreated automatically by DynDoLOD or if I have to recreate them manually. Furthermore, I don't know if I have to make new textures for the mentioned folder which are not contained yet and how they would have to look.

Edited by David2408, 11 August 2016 - 01:48 AM.

#42 sheson

sheson

Dragon King

• Mod Authors
  • 3,986 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 04:13 AM

Looks like you need to reinstall the Enhanced Landscape Oaks option as it contains those textures. The Enhanced Landscapes - Oaks.esp in the load order triggers their LOD texture generation.

Edited by sheson, 11 August 2016 - 04:28 AM.

#43 sheson

sheson

Dragon King

• Mod Authors
  • 3,986 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 04:24 AM

Hey Sheson, I have a question concerning 3D Tree LODs.

If I use Trees with Vanilla Meshes and custom Trunk Textures and custom Branch Textures, what would I have to do to get the textures on the 3D Tree LOD meshes to match the custom bark and branch textures?

EDIT: To specify my question: I know how to create matching billboards of which I know that they are used to a certain extent for the 3D Tree LOD. So, besides creating billboards, what textures do I have to edit in order to get fully matching branches and trunks? There are some tree lod textures in Textures/Landscape/Lod but I don't know if they will be recreated automatically by DynDoLOD or if I have to recreate them manually. Furthermore, I don't know if I have to make new textures for the mentioned folder which are not contained yet and how they would have to look.

Have you read ..\DynDOLOD\Docs\trees.ultra\DynDOLOD-Trees.html yet?

Right now creating branch textures with correct alpha or billboard trunk textures is a manual process.

Other textures can be created by adding files for TexGen. See ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_TES5_TexGen_noalpha_enhancedlandscapesoaksesp.txt for example. See DynDOLOD Resources Core FIles ..\Meshes\DynDOLOD\lod\trees\ztrees\ trees that use an lightly decimated 3D trunk in instead of a billboard trunk.

That is not yet fully described in the ultra manual.

#44 David2408

David2408

Prisoner

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 08:35 AM

Have you read ..\DynDOLOD\Docs\trees.ultra\DynDOLOD-Trees.html yet?

Right now creating branch textures with correct alpha or billboard trunk textures is a manual process.

Other textures can be created by adding files for TexGen. See ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_TES5_TexGen_noalpha_enhancedlandscapesoaksesp.txt for example. See DynDOLOD Resources Core FIles ..\Meshes\DynDOLOD\lod\trees\ztrees\ trees that use an lightly decimated 3D trunk in instead of a billboard trunk.

That is not yet fully described in the ultra manual.

Thanks for the answer. I've read the manual about 3D trees, but did not find helpful info.

Do you mean by "correct alpha" the alpha of the branch textures in my Landscape/Trees folder, a new alpha or none?

I now know that the file that needs manually created Textures is in Textures/DynDoLOD/... and called something like Dyndolodtreelod, it's the great atlas. Could you please tell me where to find a list of textures apart from Billboard of which this Atlas is composed if that exists or if not give me the list?

#45 BlkJeff

BlkJeff

Prisoner

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 09:07 AM

Good morning,

It seems i'm missing something very simple. I am attempting to generate new LOD's for a seperate mod profile (MO). I believe I've deleted all traces of the previous TexGene + DynDOLOD, but everytime I run the processes I receive this notification.

omImgTg.jpg

What is the correct method of completely purging the old textures? Thank you.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dyndolod, lod

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users