Dynamic Distant Objects LOD - DynDOLOD v2.16

sheson

Question

DynDOLOD 2.16 condensed update post - See Full update post

Slightly changed update instructions:

Remove DynDOLOD Resources Core Files Textures (or simply all files) if updating Core Files from an older version to a newer DynDOLOD Resources.

All other update instructions are still the same, so please refer to the full update post if updating from older versions.

Changes in generation instructions

Whenever running TexGen.exe it is now recommended to first remove earlier generated LOD textures for best results. TexGen.exe will prompt a self-explanatory message if it finds older files so you I do not accidentally forget.

More Ultra Trees available

There are now additional ultra trees included in DynDOLOD Resources Core Files for Realistic Aspen Trees and Enhanced Landscapes Oaks installation option and Enhanced Landscapes Oaks Standalone courtesy of kojak747. Also check out Enhanced Vanilla Trees from Some_Random_Guy_83  which now has ultra tree support. At lot of work goes into creating ultra trees, but as ultra tree users know, they are totally worth it. So please endorse and let authors know your appreciation if you use their ultra trees.

Refer to ..\DynDOLOD\Docs\trees.ultra\DynDOLOD-Trees.html for more information

Enderal

Check out some boring screenshots for HQ terrain, low, medium and high settings. The total conversion has much nicer views to offer, but I do not want to spoil your discoveries.

It is highly advised to have installed and successfully used DynDOLOD with Skyrim first, so below instructions can be applied to Enderal without confusion.

While Enderal has its own launcher, it is suggested to use a mod manager with a different profile to be able to setup, generate and use DynDOLOD safely just like you would with Skyrim. As always, instructions are general and the user is expected to apply them to the mod manager of their choice.

Enderal ships with SKSE and PapyrusUtil 2.8. DynDOLOD Papyrus scripts now work with any PapyrusUtil version >= 2.8, so there is no need to update PapyrusUtil.

Generating LOD with low preset could gain some FPS because a good number of Neverfades is converted to static LOD.

See ../DynDOLOD/Docs/DynDOLOD_Manual.html#13c Enderal section for more detailed instruction and a little bit more information.

The quick run down for experienced users:

• Install the DynDOLOD Resources 2.16 Core Files. If desired install Low-Res LOD Textures, Desync Birds of Prey or Giantfires Low from the optionals. Obviously do not install any of the other options intended for Skyrim.
  • install the Enderal LOD tree billboards from TES5LODGen overwriting the vanilla LOD tree billboards of your choice.
  • Install the optional HQ terrain LOD from DynDOLOD Patches. It is not required. It's performance impact should be minimal / non-existent on modern hardware. You should do this before generating LOD with DynDOLOD.
  • Run TexGen.exe and install output as normal.
  • Run DynDOLOD.exe and install output as normal.

Ich rauch' jetzt erstmal eine schöne Pfeife Friedenskraut. Wenn das Zeug nur nicht so teuer wäre.

See Full update post for full changelog, fully detailed update instructions and updated compatibility information for Skyrim mods.

I ended up taking that mod's full models and copying them to the lod folder and renaming them to match the lod names then set that mod to overwrite the DynDOLOD Resource files.  Seems to be working so far.  Probably not as processing friendly as using a lower poly model with a lower res texture but it gets the job done.

That works.

Alternatively you can just add a couple rules for the first part of mesh filenames like "\stonewall" so it matches all of them and setting LOD4 column to Full Model

Put those those rules into a rule filename for the esp and they will autoapply each time you click low/medium/high. See ..\DynDOLOD\Docs\DynDOLOD_Mod_Authors.html for more info

The main concern with using full models is not number of triangles but if their tiled UV not allowing use of texture atlas. If there is a few dozens of those you will notice draw calls go.

Since the walls all use the same textures they will still be combined for each quad anyways, one more shape in a quad is no big deal.

I might look some more at that mod and maybe make it compatible with a couple tricks hidden in LODGen.exe

You will know if it shows up in the compatibility list

Edited by sheson

For some reason, 9/10 times when im using the map, my game CTD's. Im not sure what's causing it but the last line of every papyruslog always reads the following:

[sHESON_DynDOLOD_MCM <DynDOLOD_MCM (2B00090F)>] Load DynDOLOD_Tamriel.json TRUE
[08/10/2016 - 12:22:23AM] 
[sHESON_DynDOLOD_MCM <DynDOLOD_MCM (2B00090F)>] Load DynDOLOD_Tamriel_Objects.json TRUE
[08/10/2016 - 12:22:24AM] [sHESON_DynDOLOD_MCM <DynDOLOD_MCM (2B00090F)>] Assigning INI values

Anyone who could help me with this?

For some reason, 9/10 times when im using the map, my game CTD's. Im not sure what's causing it but the last line of every papyruslog always reads the following:

[sHESON_DynDOLOD_MCM ] Load DynDOLOD_Tamriel.json TRUE

[08/10/2016 - 12:22:23AM] 

[sHESON_DynDOLOD_MCM ] Load DynDOLOD_Tamriel_Objects.json TRUE

[08/10/2016 - 12:22:24AM] [sHESON_DynDOLOD_MCM ] Assigning INI values

Anyone who could help me with this?

The papyrus log is not a crash log and the status messages from DynDOLOD are probably written seconds or minutes earlier and have nothing to do with the CTD.

See the FAQ: Skyrim: ILS or CTD

Make sure you have good inis with BethINI

Edited by sheson

So quick question... Actually a few: 1. Followed guide to the tee and ended up with the mod loading (so i presume) but in the MCM, DynDOLOD is not active and greyed out. I can't think of any explanation that would cause it to not allow it to be activated. Also the MCM settings are all 0.0000 by default and do not save upon saving game. Do i have to have the Hi-Res DLC active prior to installing or putting together DynDOLOD? Would not having it cause the errors that I'm having? I have deleted the Hi-Res .bsa and .esps and was just curious if that would cause the issues I'm having. Thanks in advance and thanks for the amazing work you have done thus far.

So quick question... Actually a few: 1. Followed guide to the tee and ended up with the mod loading (so i presume) but in the MCM, DynDOLOD is not active and greyed out. I can't think of any explanation that would cause it to not allow it to be activated. Also the MCM settings are all 0.0000 by default and do not save upon saving game. Do i have to have the Hi-Res DLC active prior to installing or putting together DynDOLOD? Would not having it cause the errors that I'm having? I have deleted the Hi-Res .bsa and .esps and was just curious if that would cause the issues I'm having. Thanks in advance and thanks for the amazing work you have done thus far.

Are you in an exterior worldspace that you created LOD for?

Did you generate dynamic LOD and copied the all files from the output folder to game/mod folder, especially the skse folder including the *.json files

Did you install all the papyrus scripts from DynDOLOD Resource Core Files?

Do you have PapyrusUtil installed? Which version?

If the MCM Settings Page for the SkyrimPrefs.ini settings shows zero values there might be a problem with the SKSE functions responsible for accessing the values from the ini. Verify SKSE and its data\script\*.pex folder are installed properly.

Hi-Res DLC  is not needed. It would be mentioned in the requirements or instructions otherwise. A texture pack can not interfere in any way with the above problems.

Edited by sheson

I don't suppose someone could help me with this userscript error i keep receiving. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_po-n2qOIBlMWdHSDBpbEtoZ28/view?usp=sharing

I'm no expert but I'd suspect that the problem is related to some missing files:

At the start of TexGen:

[00:00:06.185]	textures\landscape\trees\treeoaktrunk02.dds not found!
[00:00:06.208]	textures\landscape\trees\treeoaktrunk02_n.dds not found!

Right before the error message:

[00:02:24.358]	G:\Games\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\DynDOLOD-temp\textures\landscape\trees\treeoaktrunk02.dds not found!
[00:02:24.374]	G:\Games\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\DynDOLOD-temp\textures\landscape\trees\treeoaktrunk02_n.dds not found!

Hey Sheson, I have a question concerning 3D Tree LODs.

If I use Trees with Vanilla Meshes and custom Trunk Textures and custom Branch Textures, what would I have to do to get the textures on the 3D Tree LOD meshes to match the custom bark and branch textures?

EDIT: To specify my question: I know how to create matching billboards of which I know that they are used to a certain extent for the 3D Tree LOD. So, besides creating billboards, what textures do I have to edit in order to get fully matching branches and trunks? There are some tree lod textures in Textures/Landscape/Lod but I don't know if they will be recreated automatically by DynDoLOD or if I have to recreate them manually. Furthermore, I don't know if I have to make new textures for the mentioned folder which are not contained yet and how they would have to look.

Edited by David2408

I don't suppose someone could help me with this userscript error i keep receiving. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_po-n2qOIBlMWdHSDBpbEtoZ28/view?usp=sharing

Looks like you need to reinstall the Enhanced Landscape Oaks option as it contains those textures. The Enhanced Landscapes - Oaks.esp in the load order triggers their LOD texture generation.

Edited by sheson

Hey Sheson, I have a question concerning 3D Tree LODs.

If I use Trees with Vanilla Meshes and custom Trunk Textures and custom Branch Textures, what would I have to do to get the textures on the 3D Tree LOD meshes to match the custom bark and branch textures?

EDIT: To specify my question: I know how to create matching billboards of which I know that they are used to a certain extent for the 3D Tree LOD. So, besides creating billboards, what textures do I have to edit in order to get fully matching branches and trunks? There are some tree lod textures in Textures/Landscape/Lod but I don't know if they will be recreated automatically by DynDoLOD or if I have to recreate them manually. Furthermore, I don't know if I have to make new textures for the mentioned folder which are not contained yet and how they would have to look.

Have you read ..\DynDOLOD\Docs\trees.ultra\DynDOLOD-Trees.html yet?

Right now creating branch textures with correct alpha or billboard trunk textures is a manual process.

Other textures can be created by adding files for TexGen. See ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_TES5_TexGen_noalpha_enhancedlandscapesoaksesp.txt for example. See DynDOLOD Resources Core FIles ..\Meshes\DynDOLOD\lod\trees\ztrees\ trees that use an lightly decimated 3D trunk in instead of a billboard trunk.

That is not yet fully described in the ultra manual.

Have you read ..\DynDOLOD\Docs\trees.ultra\DynDOLOD-Trees.html yet?

Right now creating branch textures with correct alpha or billboard trunk textures is a manual process.

Other textures can be created by adding files for TexGen. See ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_TES5_TexGen_noalpha_enhancedlandscapesoaksesp.txt for example. See DynDOLOD Resources Core FIles ..\Meshes\DynDOLOD\lod\trees\ztrees\ trees that use an lightly decimated 3D trunk in instead of a billboard trunk.

That is not yet fully described in the ultra manual.

Thanks for the answer. I've read the manual about 3D trees, but did not find helpful info.

Do you mean by "correct alpha" the alpha of the branch textures in my Landscape/Trees folder, a new alpha or none?

I now know that the file that needs manually created Textures is in Textures/DynDoLOD/... and called something like Dyndolodtreelod, it's the great atlas. Could you please tell me where to find a list of textures apart from Billboard of which this Atlas is composed if that exists or if not give me the list?

Good morning,

It seems i'm missing something very simple. I am attempting to generate new LOD's for a seperate mod profile (MO). I believe I've deleted all traces of the previous TexGene + DynDOLOD, but everytime I run the processes I receive this notification.

omImgTg.jpg

What is the correct method of completely purging the old textures? Thank you.