Dynamic Distant Objects LOD - DynDOLOD v2.16

sheson

Question

DynDOLOD 2.16 condensed update post - See Full update post

Slightly changed update instructions:

Remove DynDOLOD Resources Core Files Textures (or simply all files) if updating Core Files from an older version to a newer DynDOLOD Resources.

All other update instructions are still the same, so please refer to the full update post if updating from older versions.

Changes in generation instructions

Whenever running TexGen.exe it is now recommended to first remove earlier generated LOD textures for best results. TexGen.exe will prompt a self-explanatory message if it finds older files so you I do not accidentally forget.

More Ultra Trees available

There are now additional ultra trees included in DynDOLOD Resources Core Files for Realistic Aspen Trees and Enhanced Landscapes Oaks installation option and Enhanced Landscapes Oaks Standalone courtesy of kojak747. Also check out Enhanced Vanilla Trees from Some_Random_Guy_83  which now has ultra tree support. At lot of work goes into creating ultra trees, but as ultra tree users know, they are totally worth it. So please endorse and let authors know your appreciation if you use their ultra trees.

Refer to ..\DynDOLOD\Docs\trees.ultra\DynDOLOD-Trees.html for more information

Enderal

Check out some boring screenshots for HQ terrain, low, medium and high settings. The total conversion has much nicer views to offer, but I do not want to spoil your discoveries.

It is highly advised to have installed and successfully used DynDOLOD with Skyrim first, so below instructions can be applied to Enderal without confusion.

While Enderal has its own launcher, it is suggested to use a mod manager with a different profile to be able to setup, generate and use DynDOLOD safely just like you would with Skyrim. As always, instructions are general and the user is expected to apply them to the mod manager of their choice.

Enderal ships with SKSE and PapyrusUtil 2.8. DynDOLOD Papyrus scripts now work with any PapyrusUtil version >= 2.8, so there is no need to update PapyrusUtil.

Generating LOD with low preset could gain some FPS because a good number of Neverfades is converted to static LOD.

See ../DynDOLOD/Docs/DynDOLOD_Manual.html#13c Enderal section for more detailed instruction and a little bit more information.

The quick run down for experienced users:

• Install the DynDOLOD Resources 2.16 Core Files. If desired install Low-Res LOD Textures, Desync Birds of Prey or Giantfires Low from the optionals. Obviously do not install any of the other options intended for Skyrim.
  • install the Enderal LOD tree billboards from TES5LODGen overwriting the vanilla LOD tree billboards of your choice.
  • Install the optional HQ terrain LOD from DynDOLOD Patches. It is not required. It's performance impact should be minimal / non-existent on modern hardware. You should do this before generating LOD with DynDOLOD.
  • Run TexGen.exe and install output as normal.
  • Run DynDOLOD.exe and install output as normal.

Ich rauch' jetzt erstmal eine schöne Pfeife Friedenskraut. Wenn das Zeug nur nicht so teuer wäre.

See Full update post for full changelog, fully detailed update instructions and updated compatibility information for Skyrim mods.

I'm hoping this picture uploads, but what is shows is the initial run of TexGen running the background loader with the final line saying "[00:00:06.430] Background Loader: finished".  However, the generator doesn't automatically run (or run at all).

I apologize for this and I'm sure it's probably something simple on my end that I'm missing.  But this is racking my brain to figure out.

Thank you again in advance.

The screenshot seems to show TES5Edit.exe

Since version 2.00 of DynDOLOD, if you want to run TexGen, you have to execute TexGen.exe. I suggest to carefully read the instructions or watch one of the videos.

Edited by sheson

Fix the file not found errors.

Textures\clutter\beehive.dds is in "Skyrim - Textures.bsa"    Check at the top of the log that this BSA and any other containing textures are loaded.

Turn off MO archive management.

It seems that the only "Skyrim -" bsa being loaded (even with MO archive management disabled) is "Skyrim - Invalidation.bsa"... so I looked at my ini's, and it seems like the [Archive] section was set very very wrong, only loading the Invalidation bsa. Appears like BethINI did a number on that setting. My apologies! It was a very simple (and essential) issue on my end. Thank you for your response

Edited by thevortex137

Actually, I'm not running TES5Edit.  It is TexGen.  Here's another screen shot to clarify what I mean.

post-9938-0-55723700-1471023489_thumb.jpg

It's TexGen based on xEdit (just as the instructions said).  Once I ran it, the generator didn't pop up.

Also, to show that I had the right executable (as I did wonder if I accidentally directed renamed TES5Edit to TexGen after you mentioned it above), here's the modify that I created, as per the instructions, showing that it is directed to the correct exe.

post-9938-0-76592300-1471023796_thumb.jpg

Now, the only thing I can think of is is it possible that TES5Edit and TexGen overlap somehow?  As you can see, I do have both, but I was unaware that they aren't compatible.  Do I have to uninstall one to get the other to work or should there be no issue with having both and this is an anomaly?

I'm using SRLE with no additional mods and I keep on getting this error (Error in unit 'userscript' on line 608 : Record, object or class type required)

even though it looks like it's loading all the bsa's and no files are missing. It worked fine when I disabled all my mods and I believe mods that overwrite the Dawnguard bsa might be causing the issue.

TES5Edit_log.txt

Edited by tlobster12

I'm having an issue with the StockadeWoodplanks01_DynDOLOD_LOD static. It gives an error near Whiterun like this: "an object reference with form ID: 0xB2035A8C, base form ID: 0xB2035A8D and type: 0x22 failed to produce loaded node most likely due to corrupted mesh or other reasons"

Actually, I'm not running TES5Edit.  It is TexGen.  Here's another screen shot to clarify what I mean.

attachicon.gifTexGen2.jpg

It's TexGen based on xEdit (just as the instructions said).  Once I ran it, the generator didn't pop up.

Also, to show that I had the right executable (as I did wonder if I accidentally directed renamed TES5Edit to TexGen after you mentioned it above), here's the modify that I created, as per the instructions, showing that it is directed to the correct exe.

attachicon.gifTexGenMod2.jpg

Now, the only thing I can think of is is it possible that TES5Edit and TexGen overlap somehow?  As you can see, I do have both, but I was unaware that they aren't compatible.  Do I have to uninstall one to

get the other to work or should there be no issue with having both and this is an anomaly?

From the Instructions:

From the DynDOLOD Standalone archive copy the content of the 'DynDOLOD' folder which contains the files DynDOLOD.exe, TexGen.exe, DynDOLOD_QuickStart.html and the sub folders 'Docs' and 'Edit Scripts' with all their content into a new 'DynDOLOD' folder outside of the game folders and Mod Organizers virtual file structure. Do not mix with old versions or xEdit installation.

See if installing it far away from MO fixes your problem. Make sure all files and folders from the standalone archive are installed with the same folder structure as in the archive.

Edited by sheson

I'm using SRLE with no additional mods and I keep on getting this error (Error in unit 'userscript' on line 608 : Record, object or class type required)

even though it looks like it's loading all the bsa's and no files are missing. It worked fine when I disabled all my mods and I believe mods that overwrite the Dawnguard bsa might be causing the issue.

Yes it seems to have a problem with textures from Dawnguard, but log shows it loading Dawnguard.bsa so that is a bit odd. It would print a file not found message too at some point if they were truly missing.

Did you optimize the textures in the BSA maybe?

Do you have a hi-res DLC or equivalent mod that might change the source textures and maybe they are corrupted somehow?

These are the 4 textures it tries to use (and their normal map versions *_n.dds)

textures\dlc01\dungeons\castle\castlefloorstone03.dds

textures\dlc01\dungeons\castle\castlerubblepile01.dds

textures\dlc01\dungeons\castle\castlewallstone01.dds

textures\dlc01\dungeons\castle\castlewallstone05.dds

Check if they are accessible and valid textures.

Also check MO log for flle read errors.

Edited by sheson

I'm having an issue with the StockadeWoodplanks01_DynDOLOD_LOD static. It gives an error near Whiterun like this: "an object reference with form ID: 0xB2035A8C, base form ID: 0xB2035A8D and type: 0x22 failed to produce loaded node most likely due to corrupted mesh or other reasons"

If the error is repeatable, look up what nif file the base form id references and make sure the file exits in the load order.

If it is Meshes\lod\mine\minewoodplanks01_lod_0.nif then reinstall DynDOLOD Resources - Core Files.

Edited by sheson

Yes it seems to have a problem with textures from Dawnguard, but log shows it loading Dawnguard.bsa so that is a bit odd. It would print a file not found message too at some point if they were truly missing.

Did you optimize the textures in the BSA maybe?

Do you have a hi-res DLC or equivalent mod that might change the source textures and maybe they are corrupted somehow?

These are the 4 textures it tries to use (and their normal map versions *_n.dds)

textures\dlc01\dungeons\castle\castlefloorstone03.dds

textures\dlc01\dungeons\castle\castlerubblepile01.dds

textures\dlc01\dungeons\castle\castlewallstone01.dds

textures\dlc01\dungeons\castle\castlewallstone05.dds

Check if they are accessible and valid textures.

Also check MO log for flle read errors.

I deleted castlewallstone05.dds from the dawnguard optimized folder and texgen worked fine. Thanks!

Sheson I noticed two issues.

First tamriel.lst doesn't have EVT - RAT lod4 in it so only vanilla lod4 appear for me.

Second if I put tamriel.lst of EVT after the ones from dyndolod output Both RAT and vanilla lods are overlapping each other, but when i approach only RAT aspen trees are here.

Sheson I noticed two issues.

First tamriel.lst doesn't have EVT - RAT lod4 in it so only vanilla lod4 appear for me.

Second if I put tamriel.lst of EVT after the ones from dyndolod output Both RAT and vanilla lods are overlapping each other, but when i approach only RAT aspen trees are here.

This is not making much sense.

Tamriel.lst is created when generating traditional tree LOD or an empty one will be created when generated ultra tree LOD.

When traditional tree LOD is generated, the *.lst will contain data for all trees in worldspace that billboards were installed for.

Follow the DynDOLOD instructions in the manual/video for installing billboards for vanilla trees and trees from mods and how to generate traditional tree LOD.

Under no circumstances whatsoever should *.lst or *.btt files from any mod be placed after DynDOLODs Output.

In this day and age every tree mod should have billboards available and so traditional tree LOD should always be generated according to the instructions.

For all others follow instructions how to split existing tree LOD into billboards before generating LOD with DynDOLOD.

Edited by sheson

Well, when I generated the trees, the lod4 RAT didn't, but the other lod4 trees did with the proper billboards/hybrid models.

and the lod8 and 16 for RAT did, so i'm kind of lost :(

If you are generating ultra trees, then DynDOLOD creates an empty Tamriel.lst to disable all traditional tree LOD. Do not overwrite the *.lst file.

All trees will then be done with static object LOD. You still need to install all billboards as you would for traditional tree LOD.

If the mesh rule is Static LOD4 / Billboard / Billboard, the static object LOD level 8 and 16 will use the installed billboards and automatically create the 2D X that looks and behaves like traditional tree LOD. The billboards will also be used for any trees that have no Static LOD4 hybrid model (unless you set fallback in the ini to use full model)

For vanilla trees, Realistic Aspen Trees and the Enhanced Landscape Oaks / Standalone the Static LOD4 hybrid model are included and should automatically be used.

For EVT you need to install the Static LOD4 hybrid model from its archive matching the full installation option.

When generating LOD, the log will print a message that it falls back to billboard in case it encounters a tree that has no Static LOD4 hybrid model installed.

Edited by sheson
  • +1 1

That was it.  I knew it was something simple that I missed or misread.  I got used to putting everything in the same folders that I completely brushed past that.  Thank you again and sorry to bother you.

PS It does look amazing and I can't wait to see the full potential ... once I figure out why Skyrim keeps CTD or freezing my computer (not because of this mod, probably due to Windows 10 or my GPU overheating, which I'll figure on my own).  Again, thank you very much.   ::D:

Edited by Soularyem

If the error is repeatable, look up what nif file the base form id references and make sure the file exits in the load order.

If it is Meshes\lod\mine\minewoodplanks01_lod_0.nif then reinstall DynDOLOD Resources - Core Files.

It is minewoodplanks01_lod_0.nif.

Edited by Grantiford