Dynamic Distant Objects LOD - DynDOLOD v2.17

sheson

Question

DynDOLOD 2.17 condensed update post - See Full update post for 2.xx update instructions

What’s New?

This is a simple maintenance update of the standalone patcher to address a bug and updates for a couple mods.

It is recommended to first remove all files and folders from older versions and then install into a new folder that is outside game, program files and mod manager folders.

Enderal

For specific information about Enderal see DynDOLOD 2.16 update post

Verified working out of the box - included rules

Dawn of Skyrim (Director's Cut) (2.17)

The Observatory (2.17)

Verified working out of the box

Distinct Skyrim Landscapes (2.17)

Fixes include

Fixed meaningless No WRLD message reported by Nebulous112

Fixed DynDOLOD.exe exception under exceptional circumstances reported by TeflonBilly

[spoiler=Changelog DynDOLOD 2.17]DynDOLOD.exe - added an installation check

DynDOLOD.exe - do not report manual non-dynamic LOD references having no Grids when loading existing data

DynDOLOD.exe - added childworldfull file to be able to set parent world copy to full model

DynDOLOD.exe - fixed a case of not assigning enough memory for a thread list

DynDOLOD.exe - show message when building reference info to verify usage of missing models

DynDOLOD.exe - added fasterbase switch to DynDOLOD.ini

TexGen.exe - sync updates with DynDOLOD.exe

TexGen.exe - added more helpful messages for file not found errors

DynDOLOD_Manual.html - updated compatibility information for several mods

See Full update post for full changelog, fully detailed update instructions and updated compatibility information for Skyrim mods.

DynDOLOD 2.16 update post

I just ran v2.17 on Enderal, no other changes to the installation than upgrading DynDOLOD.

TexGen again ran without issue.

This time DynDOLOD.exe got passed the place it bombed out in v2.16, but when it gets to the end and says's complete, LODGen.exe is still running in its own window (it's not stalled, it's still chugging along through LOD levels)

Am I supposed to just wait until LODGen.exe is fully complete?

Shouldn't DynDOLOD.exe actually wait for the LODGen job to be truly finished before it pops up saying it's done?

Regardless, thank you very much for tackling this issue so quickly, I love your tool and it's now a permanent part of any of my load orders.

Edited by TeflonBilly

I just ran v2.17 on Enderal, no other changes to the installation than upgrading DynDOLOD.

TexGen again ran without issue.

This time DynDOLOD.exe got passed the place it bombed out in v2.16, but when it gets to the end and says's complete, LODGen.exe is still running in its own window (it's not stalled, it's still chugging along through LOD levels)

Am I supposed to just wait until LODGen.exe is fully complete?

Shouldn't DynDOLOD.exe actually wait for the LODGen job to be truly finished before it pops up saying it's done?

Regardless, thank you very much for tackling this issue so quickly, I love your tool and it's now a permanent part of any of my load orders.

It usually depends on the wizard, advanced or expert mode if it waits with a message every 5 second.

If using MO, do not close DynDOLOD.exe until LODGen.exe is complete.

Edited by sheson

Sheson, lodgeneratorCMD stops working in the middle of the process(windows app crash) what should I do ? rerun the complete thing ?

If LODGen.exe stops prematurely static object LOD won't be complete. If you let DynDOLOD continue and saved the esp, you can just restart LODGen.exe without doing all the other stuff this way:

Set Expert=1 in '..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_TES5.ini'

Start DynDOLOD.exe.

Select the world for which to run LODGen.exe for.

It should auto select the expert file from the last generation and the 'Execute LODGen.exe' button at the left bottom should become available, just click it to start LODGen.exe

Chances are however it will crash again. Probably due to using a full model tree for LOD that is of an known format.  You can copy paste the error message here from the command window for further investigation.

Would help if you could narrow down the full model trees/mod you could think of.

Alright it didn't happen again so i'll do so next time.

About the enhanced landscape standalone oaks, do they have hybrid lods in the actual folder or is it something recent from the author and he didn't share the files yet ?

Because I have ctds in Solitude area after installing his lods..  false alarm..

Edited by Monobloc

Alright it didn't happen again so i'll do so next time.

About the enhanced landscape standalone oaks, do they have hybrid lods in the actual folder or is it something recent from the author and he didn't share the files yet ?

Because I have ctds in Solitude area after installing his lods..  false alarm..

The author shared the hybrids with me to include in DynDOLOD Resources - Core Files.

Ohh that's what you meant in the doc, damn I didn't understand this that way, sorry.

so the lods are used when enhanced landscape - oaks or oaks standalone is detected ?

If a full model mesh with the matching CRC32 is used in the current load order than it will automatically use the hybrids.

Hm, sorry to bother you so much sheson, but I use the Skyrim revisited : legendary edition extended LoTD and the enhanced landscapes merged records on the dyndolod mesh rule windows are deleted by default, so it makes things like dead pines trees not ported and such and I have like the marshes trees not generated by dyndolod.

Hm, sorry to bother you so much sheson, but I use the Skyrim revisited : legendary edition extended LoTD and the enhanced landscapes merged records on the dyndolod mesh rule windows are deleted by default, so it makes things like dead pines trees not ported and such and I have like the marshes trees not generated by dyndolod.

Meshes rules for what get deleted?  You do not have to click low/medium/high button and it will get the mesh rules from last generation, or use save/load preset.

If you merge mods with merge plugin which creates the merge text files, mesh rules that are loaded for pluginname.esp should automatically be applied for mergename.esp. If not copy the rules file to the new plugin name as explained in the manual dealing with merged mods.

If you merge mods that define new trees and the form IDs of trees change, you need to copy the billboard dds and text files to the new folder and form id number. Or use the relinker program hishutup just mentioned in this post.

Edited by sheson