Dynamic Distant Objects LOD - DynDOLOD v2.17

sheson

Question

DynDOLOD 2.17 condensed update post - See Full update post for 2.xx update instructions

What’s New?

This is a simple maintenance update of the standalone patcher to address a bug and updates for a couple mods.

It is recommended to first remove all files and folders from older versions and then install into a new folder that is outside game, program files and mod manager folders.

Enderal

For specific information about Enderal see DynDOLOD 2.16 update post

Verified working out of the box - included rules

Dawn of Skyrim (Director's Cut) (2.17)

The Observatory (2.17)

Verified working out of the box

Distinct Skyrim Landscapes (2.17)

Fixes include

Fixed meaningless No WRLD message reported by Nebulous112

Fixed DynDOLOD.exe exception under exceptional circumstances reported by TeflonBilly

[spoiler=Changelog DynDOLOD 2.17]DynDOLOD.exe - added an installation check

DynDOLOD.exe - do not report manual non-dynamic LOD references having no Grids when loading existing data

DynDOLOD.exe - added childworldfull file to be able to set parent world copy to full model

DynDOLOD.exe - fixed a case of not assigning enough memory for a thread list

DynDOLOD.exe - show message when building reference info to verify usage of missing models

DynDOLOD.exe - added fasterbase switch to DynDOLOD.ini

TexGen.exe - sync updates with DynDOLOD.exe

TexGen.exe - added more helpful messages for file not found errors

DynDOLOD_Manual.html - updated compatibility information for several mods

See Full update post for full changelog, fully detailed update instructions and updated compatibility information for Skyrim mods.

DynDOLOD 2.16 update post

Thanks for the new all-in-one replacer and standalone creator way easier than the old manual way of doing things which rarely resulted in a succesful result for me. I'm not unexperienced in modding terms even had a mod on Nexus Hotfiles for a week but I'm in way over my head with this LOD generation stuff.

n.b. I'm trying to create Ultra trees for Skyrim, well in particular Haarfinger Oaks for Enhanced Lanscapes and I'm reading the Ultra trees manual but I've come across a problem. It mentions this in the instructions:

WARNING: this can create HUGE static LOD files depending on the size and complexity of the full model version. It is advised to create optimized 3D static LOD versions.

but I can't find any instructions on how to create these optimized Lod versions? :unsure:

n.b. I'm trying to create Ultra trees for Skyrim, well in particular Haarfinger Oaks for Enhanced Lanscapes and I'm reading the Ultra trees manual but I've come across a problem. It mentions this in the instructions:

but I can't find any instructions on how to create these optimized Lod versions? :unsure:

From DynDOLOD-Trees.html

"The included hybrid trees cover vanilla and a select few mod trees only so far. If an unsupported tree mod is used either create/download a hybrid or an otherwise optimized 3D static tree. See trees.ultra\tools\ folder for more info."

Anyhow the oaks are already included.

Edited by sheson

Yeah I got that that I was just trying to figure out how to get the existing stuff to show up... I finally managed to figure out the instructions... I think. Looks awesome  :^_^:

https://imgur.com/a/gNLsS

I had to up the memory requirements

DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=1024

in order to prevent ILS. Not sure if that'll have long term repercussions. I guess I'll find out.  :unsure:

Hmm can't seem to edit my posts here.

Anyway I'm going try using crash fixes with the pre-loader to get around the  memory allocation issue. Cheers

The increased memory requirement and the alternative solutions are all mentioned in the ultra trees manual, so not sure what the problem is?

Ok that seems to be working. Now I just need to figure out how to to get the Realistic Aspen Trees hybrid trees to show the correct textures the hybrid LOD trees are all showing vanilla yellow textures whereas the full model trees/near grid trees have the RAT colours and the contrast is quite jarring lol.

(Do I have the RAT tree atlas files present  during generation... yes.)

Edited by soupdragon

Ok that seems to be working. Now I just need to figure out how to to get the Realistic Aspen Trees hybrid trees to show the correct textures the hybrid LOD trees are all showing vanilla yellow textures whereas the full model trees/near grid trees have the RAT colours and the contrast is quite jarring lol.

(Do I have the RAT tree atlas files present  during generation... yes.)

The included RAT hybrids use single LOD textures made from the RAT full textures, so there should be no color mismatch.

Edited by sheson

Interesting. For the the non-MO setup, I added Skyrim.esm and Update.esm to plugins.txt at a guess, and it completed successfully without errors. However, I was unsuccessful at getting it to work in MO - the archive management stays on no matter what I do! Regardless, thanks for the help!

Edited by roxahris

The included RAT hybrids use single LOD textures made from the RAT full textures, so there should be no color mismatch.

Ok I finally found out whats going on. If I use RAT standalone the LOD tree textures are fine as you say, if use Enhanced Landscapes instead by the same author which also includes Aspen trees theres some kind of issue with it as any hybrid trees only have monochrome yellow Aspen LOD textures.

If I try and overwrite one with the other I end up with purple trees i.e. no textures on the meshes at all.

Theres clearly some kind of issue but its beyond me to figure out what it is.

Edited by soupdragon

Ok I finally found out whats going on. If I use RAT standalone the LOD tree textures are fine as you say, if use Enhanced Landscapes instead by the same author which also includes Aspen trees theres some kind of issue with it as any hybrid trees only have monochrome yellow Aspen LOD textures.

If I try and overwrite one with the other I end up with purple trees i.e. no textures on the meshes at all.

Theres clearly some kind of issue but its beyond me to figure out what it is.

Enhanced Landscape does not have the RAT included, but its own version of aspen trees. So no hybrids for them. Make sure to install the "LODGen Billboards (Required)" option when installing Enhanced Landscapes. To make sure everything works correctly  use DynDOLOD.exe from this post until 2.18 is out.

Or install RAT after Enhanced Landscapes.

I don't think this is a DynDOLOD problem, but I am not sure where the issue is. When I run TexGen I get the following error:

[00:00:00.000] TexGen based on xEdit starting session 2016-08-22 23:09:07
[00:00:00.002] Using Skyrim Data Path: C:\SteamLibrary2\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\
[00:00:00.004] Using ini: E:\Users\nbreb\Documents\My Games\Skyrim\Skyrim.ini
[00:00:00.006] Using save path: E:\Users\nbreb\Documents\My Games\Skyrim\Saves\
[00:00:00.008] Using plugin list: C:\Users\nbreb\AppData\Local\Skyrim\Plugins.txt
[00:00:00.011] Using settings file: C:\Users\nbreb\AppData\Local\Skyrim\DynDOLOD_settings.ini
[00:00:00.041] Loading active plugin list: C:\Users\nbreb\AppData\Local\Skyrim\Plugins.txt
[00:00:00.050] [skyrim.esm] Loading file
[00:00:00.071] Background Loader: starting...
[00:00:00.071] Background Loader: [C:\SteamLibrary2\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\] Setting Resource Path.
[00:00:00.071] Background Loader: [skyrim.esm] Loading file
[00:00:02.287] Background Loader: [skyrim.esm] Warning: File contains duplicated top level group: GRUP Top "HAZD"
[00:00:02.288] Background Loader: [skyrim.Hardcoded.keep.this.with.the.exe.and.otherwise.ignore.it.I.really.mean.it.dat] Loading file
[00:00:02.288] Background Loader: [skyrim.Hardcoded.keep.this.with.the.exe.and.otherwise.ignore.it.I.really.mean.it.dat] Adding master "Skyrim.esm"
[00:00:02.288] Background Loader: finished
[00:00:03.302] DynDOLOD TexGen 2.17 (1) by Sheson, starting...
[00:00:03.306]
[00:00:00.001] Output path C:\TES5LODGenOutput\
[00:00:00.005] Texture size 256
[00:00:00.009] Creating some temporary files
[00:00:00.013] Processing C:\Dyndolod\DynDOLOD-59721-2-17\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_TES5_TexGen_copy_skyrimesm.txt
[00:00:00.032] textures\architecture\windhelm\whruinstone_n.dds not found!
[00:00:00.036] textures\architecture\windhelm\whruinstone_n.dds not found!

Check the top of the log that all required *.BSA files are loaded. Turn off MO archive management.

Check that C:\Users[Your Username]\Documents\My Games\Skyrim\Skyrim.ini (MO users check ..\ModOrganizer\profiles\[profile name]\skyrim.ini) is the default version and contains:

[Archive]
sResourceArchiveList=Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Skyrim - Textures.bsa, Skyrim - Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsa

I noticed that it is only loading Skyrim.esm which is the only line in plugins.txt. But oddly that file hadn't been modified since april. Running skyrim from MO works fine and loads all the plugins, but I thought it was supposed to update plugins.txt too (unless i just misunderstand the whole thing).

I don't think this is a DynDOLOD problem, but I am not sure where the issue is. When I run TexGen I get the following error:

I noticed that it is only loading Skyrim.esm which is the only line in plugins.txt. But oddly that file hadn't been modified since april. Running skyrim from MO works fine and loads all the plugins, but I thought it was supposed to update plugins.txt too (unless i just misunderstand the whole thing).

Read the last few lines of the log you posted:

Check the top of the log that all required *.BSA files are loaded. Turn off MO archive management.

Check that C:\Users[Your Username]\Documents\My Games\Skyrim\Skyrim.ini (MO users check ..\ModOrganizer\profiles\[profile name]\skyrim.ini) is the default version and contains:

[Archive]

sResourceArchiveList=Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Skyrim - Textures.bsa, Skyrim - Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsa

Check those two things.

Textures are either loose or in BSA files. The esm/esp files contain only game data and are not really relevant for generating textures. However, they are still loaded and the content of Skyrim.esm defines if the tools runs in vanilla or Enderal mode.