Issues with STEP and ENBoost

mjmiller704

Question

I ste the bFloatPointRenderTarget to 0 per the recommendations of the STEP guide under the 1.D.2 section of the guide.

I installed ENBoost via the detailed instructions, however when loading Skyrim I receive an error message "Error! bfloatpointrendertarget=1 is not set or you have multiple copies of this file".

I'm still in the 2.D. section of the guide, I just wasn't sure if this is supposed to be happening and if I should get this resolved now or continue with the mod setup.

Advice would be appreciated.

4 answers to this question

I am, I've double checked that a few times. The error is telling me that it's not set to 1, which it's not, because the guide said to set it to 0. If I set it to 1 in the ini, then the error message goes away. Should I just set it to 1? Or keep it as zero as the guide recommends? Is the error resolved another way, aside from changing it to 1, later in the guide?

Double check your enblocal.ini file as well. If you are not using an ENB preset, you should have bFloatPointRenderTarget=0 in SkyrimPrefs.ini and UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=true in enblocal.ini. If you are using a ENB preset, both settings should be flipped to bFloatPointRenderTarget=1 and UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=false.