Weirdly Specific CTD issue.

W1Ndextor

Question

Hello, I am having a very strange issue. I can play SR on my vanilla profile and fully modded profile without issue. However, When I turn mods off I get a flash of the dragon emblem on the main menu then immediate CTD. I'm wondering if someone could add me on steam and help me work through this as I did not install SR myself, but I have a pretty good idea how it works. This started happening just recently and idk why, but I am desperately trying to fix it.

Edit: if it was not clear this was a non issue before recently, even when turning off the same mods I'm trying to turn off now.

Edited by W1Ndextor

8 answers to this question

CTD in your condition 95% or is it 90% caused by mods missing its masters.

You need to see if the mod you deactivated are needed by other mods. If you are using MO (which you should) you'll see some red triangle on the plugins.

Edited by reddvilzz

CTD in your condition 95% or is it 90% caused by mods missing its masters.

You need to see if the mod you deactivated are needed by other mods. If you are using MO (which you should) you'll see some red triangle on the plugins.

But what is confusing me is that I use to be able to turn them off without issue. Why are they giving me a problem now. This was never an issue before.

You can't 'turn off' mods midplay and not have problems. Removing a mod with an old save needs some steps that have to happen and even then its not 100% sure that you wont have problems.

His CTD actually before entering the main menu Paul which leads either a missing master or the mod he removed have some records on them in the CR which makes the CR have errors on them. Assuming If he followed the guide all the way to the end.

Skyrim is unpredictable, sometimes it work sometimes it don't. But the basic troubleshooting from my experienced if CTD before the main menu are caused by either of those.

Edited by reddvilzz