Skyrim Special Edition: Your Thoughts and Impressions?

Interesting views and statements. Some 'picky' ones as expected. ;)

The UI looks like a Apple OS ripoff, but it was designed for controllers, so maybe use a controller until your keyboard-centric UI is fully ported? That's why I never had a problem with it myself, as I mostly prefer a pad. 

Edit: Thanks zilav.

Edited by Guest

I thought SkyUI was ported over? It's lacking a lot of functions due to no SKSE, but the layout is at least better.

There was a ported version of SkyUI this morning, which I downloaded and tested.  It worked but gave a warning about SKSE missing and did not contain MCM.  It has since been removed from the Nexus.  I am assuming the author did not have permission to do the port from the SkyUI team.

Anyone here have access to CK Beta?

I think the Skyrim SE is a much better base for modding, but modding for original Skyrim has been going on for so long. Modders have already fixed most problems and pushed beyond engine limit of the original Skyrim with mods.

Edited by darkside

There was a ported version of SkyUI this morning, which I downloaded and tested.  It worked but gave a warning about SKSE missing and did not contain MCM.  It has since been removed from the Nexus.  I am assuming the author did not have permission to do the port from the SkyUI team.

It got nuked cause of lack of permissions, I believe.

This seems odd to me considering that the author said he wasn't going to do the work and wouldn't care if someone ported the mod and did the work. If the author isn't going to port it over why would he/she/they be sending take-down orders to Nexus? Makes no sense. :ermm:

This seems odd to me considering that the author said he wasn't going to do the work and wouldn't care if someone ported the mod and did the work. If the author isn't going to port it over why would he/she/they be sending take-down orders to Nexus? Makes no sense. :ermm:

That's not what he said. He said "If someone is doing the boring work, and I just have to recompile it and upload, then I'll recompile and upload." What was uploaded :

1) Didn't go through Schlangster's approval

2) Was nothing like a port. Not even removing the SKSE warning popup mean the guy literally copy-pasted an old version of SkyUI and upload it to the new nexus, which is nothing like "porting".

• +1 1

That's not what he said. He said "If someone is doing the boring work, and I just have to recompile it and upload, then I'll recompile and upload." What was uploaded :

1) Didn't go through Schlangster's approval

2) Was nothing like a port. Not even removing the SKSE warning popup mean the guy literally copy-pasted an old version of SkyUI and upload it to the new nexus, which is nothing like "porting".

Ah! That I can understand. Thanks for the clarification.

By the way, the pirated file is still available on skyui's github if anyone want to use it (or any of the other versions) : https://github.com/schlangster/skyui/releases

Perhaps a better way to describe that would be to say:

By the way, the original file is still available on skyui's github

We in no way want to appear to condone piracy. Since that repo is SkyUI's author's page it clearly isn't a pirated copy. Don't want hasty Google searches to end up here and think otherwise. :woot:

So, I've been poking around as I can't seem to get into it right now and found some interesting things.

You still need to cap your fps, if you don't some odd things happen like the water doesnt render properly and the spawning of actors do weird things.

One thing I should mention, I could get well over 150 fps in markarth, something that the original wasnt able to reach, so it seems like they fixed some of the really bad issues.

The shadow striping is still around but it is so subtle and the lines are very tiny that I was only really able to pick it up under specific conditions.

The sting size for the archive lists doesnt appear to be limited to 255 char because sResourceArchiveList2 is 259 chars.

"sArchiveToLoadInMemoryList" could be really fun to poke around with if its real. What if I load them all in memory...?

EDIT: It doesnt like some archives but the textures eat about 16GB of memory, totally worth it

I kind of wonder why Bethseda didn't approach the SKSE and the SKYUI teams about incorporating these mods into base SSE for PC which would make a lot of senses but since this a quite a lazy port all in all I am not surprised cos come even the Enderal team incorporated and there's was free and so much better.