SRLE + Nock to Tip?

A_Future_Pilot

Question

Hello everyone!

I'm about to start modding Skyrim for the first time and I have a couple questions before I start:

1. Before anything else, should I go ahead and do it, or wait for Special Edition coming out tomorrow? My thought is that it will probably be awhile before the mods catch up for Special Edition, so is it worth waiting for?

2. I saw in another thread that there have been several updates to mods since the guide was last updated. I know at least a couple of the mods now have installers...I'm sure I can figure that out. My main question is conflict resolution...Does anyone have a comprehensive list of changes that need to be made since the last guide update?

3. I'd really like to use Nock to Tip and Unique Bows with SRLE (as well as Unique Bows Redux and the compatibility patch available). Should these just be added last (before the conflict resolution patch)?

Thanks!

3 answers to this question

First off, there will definitely be mods from the start for Skyrim SE, but it will be the the ones easy to transfer, like models, textures and such. Scripted mods requiring SKSE will likely take months. It depends on how many options you want, really.

No matter what anyone says, SE will be substantially better graphically, with a stabler 64-bit engine. It´s not "just an ENB". They have improved textures (probably models too by the looks of it) and vegetation is thicker and more lush, and you don´t need a gaming powerhouse to play it, unlike the mods that are available for "old" Skyrim. 

So in the end the question is what you´re willing to give up? Your options are an unstable old skyrim with 50k mods, or a new stabler Skyrim that taxes your system less, maybe a couple of hundred mods and no SkyUI.

You can probably rest assured that someone will come up with a SkyUI for the SE sooner or later. I'd think sooner.

That's assuming the SkyUI people don't have a change of heart and do it themselves.

I'd also lay a heavy bet that the SKSE people would have had early access to SE. I'd be surprised if a new SKSE takes too long.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines, Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.