• Please log in to reply
182 replies to this topic

#61 ActionBastard

ActionBastard

Prisoner

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 01:06 AM

I think i edited too many times, and it wont let me again, sorry.

I now see you set iPresentInterval=0 in your xml file, unsure why you wouldn't be encountering issues and I would be. Is this confirmed working for non special edition skyrim? Wonder whats going wrong for me then. using titan x pascal, did you change any settings in your nvidia control panel?

#62 airbreather

airbreather

Guard

• Developers
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 07:14 AM

the water sound is prevalent for users running anything other than 60 fps with iPresentInterval=0 *even if apparently* limiting fps in any other manner, (if you set that setting to 0 and run the game you will know what I am talking about very quickly )

For some reason it was not set to 1 by default for me (i loaded up mod organizer configurater and set it that way) it might be worth throwing it in the xml file just in case.

While we are on the subject, what did you use to generate the xml mod pack files? I think you mentioned something about fo4edit but I cant be sure, I read through the whole thread.

Thanks for the awesome work!

EDIT: I did use your personal settings xml simply modified gamepad and resolution settings.

According to this page and the STEP 2.2.9.2 guide, iPresentInterval should default to 1 if it's not set explicitly.  Maybe MO's Configurator doesn't realize this?

I created and continue to edit the XML files by hand.

I think i edited too many times, and it wont let me again, sorry.

I now see you set iPresentInterval=0 in your xml file, unsure why you wouldn't be encountering issues and I would be. Is this confirmed working for non special edition skyrim? Wonder whats going wrong for me then. using titan x pascal, did you change any settings in your nvidia control panel?

About the editing thing, it looks like by default, users can edit their posts for 15 minutes after posting, and that's it.

As far as I know, I did nothing but what the NVIDIA Inspector part of the STEP Guide said to do.  I'm running SLI with 2 GTX 1070 cards.

Update your graphics card driver?  I just fired up my setup with 375.95.  Does anything look out-of-place here to you?  I think this recorded at a lower framerate, but the game was in fact running at >60 FPS.

#63 ActionBastard

ActionBastard

Prisoner

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 02:33 PM

after reaching out to bintray about the 401 forbidden message

We have further check it and “wrinklyninja” account is rate limited due to storage over quota, we reached out to the “wrinklyninja” administrators several times asking them to clean up old artifacts from the repositories, but unfortunately this hasn’t been done yet.
Therefore it is not possible to download artifacts from their repositories.

#64 airbreather

airbreather

Guard

• Developers
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 05:42 AM

after reaching out to bintray about the 401 forbidden message

Looks like everything's working now and most of the old versions seem to have been deleted / archived / whatever from Bintray; I'm guessing you had something to do with that, so thanks.

WrinklyNinja also seems to have opened this one to address why that happened in the first place.

#65 Maokiel

Maokiel

Prisoner

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 02:21 PM

Hello,

first, thank's, many many thank's, because I always dreamed of installing Step but after weeks of struggling I must say I walk away waiting for me to have a better understanding of computer and stuff :) (yes, the step's staff does a wonderful job at explaining, I am just really really bad).

but I do encounter a problem I don't understand. I do have Skyrim legendary edition but StepperUpper ask for all the dlc .bsa in the missing files output.

I checked, and they are in the C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data. 

What should I do ?

many thank's.

#66 Maokiel

Maokiel

Prisoner

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 04:49 PM

addition :

- if I select manually the Skyrim folder, StepperUpper asks me for the missing dlc's .bsa

- if I do not select the Skyrim folder, StepperUser tells me : steamFolder, or a valid Skyrim registry key, is required for STEP Core

I have both Skyrim and Skyrim special edition (the new one offered by bethesda). I only installed the first one, as I do understand that both Step & StepperUpper are made for this one.

Steam is installed on the c: which is a SSD.

I do have 2 games folder for Steam, one on c:, one on d: a HDD

The game folder on d: was Steam default installation folder. 

I swapped the default folder on c:, check files, restart steam and it worked.

Sorry for the bothering :)

#67 airbreather

airbreather

Guard

• Developers
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 08:03 AM

addition :

- if I select manually the Skyrim folder, StepperUpper asks me for the missing dlc's .bsa

- if I do not select the Skyrim folder, StepperUser tells me : steamFolder, or a valid Skyrim registry key, is required for STEP Core

I have both Skyrim and Skyrim special edition (the new one offered by bethesda). I only installed the first one, as I do understand that both Step & StepperUpper are made for this one.

Steam is installed on the c: which is a SSD.

I do have 2 games folder for Steam, one on c:, one on d: a HDD

The game folder on d: was Steam default installation folder. 

I swapped the default folder on c:, check files, restart steam and it worked.

Sorry for the bothering :)

The manual selection business needs you to select the Steam folder, not the Skyrim folder; i.e., the folder that contains "steamapps"; i.e., C:\Steam.

If Skyrim is installed properly, the auto-detection should work.  Did you manually move the Skyrim folder?  If so, you might just have needed to re-run the Skyrim launcher after, to get it to fix up the registry for you.  I'm not sure.  Generally, you're just not supposed to move folders around like that since the Windows registry usually has full paths to stuff that programs like StepperUpper are supposed to be allowed to assume are correct.

#68 Maokiel

Maokiel

Prisoner

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 10:50 AM

I didn't move the skyrim folder, and I did select the steam folder manually, not the skyrim one. 

Steppeupper did find skyrim but was telling me that the dlc.bsa were missing. 

Skyrim was installed in french, and in the steam folder on steam. (forgot that point)

In steam I have 2 install folder, one on SSD (C:) and one on HDD (D:).

Steam is installed on c: but the folder on d: was et by default.

after I switch back c: as default, set skyrim in english, and switch off / on steam, stepperupper did work like a charm.

I can't tell more, as I am very bad with a computer, either I would have install step with success before ^^

thank's again for your great work.

#69 airbreather

airbreather

Guard

• Developers
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 10:08 AM

I didn't move the skyrim folder, and I did select the steam folder manually, not the skyrim one. 

Steppeupper did find skyrim but was telling me that the dlc.bsa were missing. 

Skyrim was installed in french, and in the steam folder on steam. (forgot that point)

In steam I have 2 install folder, one on SSD (C:) and one on HDD (D:).

Steam is installed on c: but the folder on d: was et by default.

after I switch back c: as default, set skyrim in english, and switch off / on steam, stepperupper did work like a charm.

I can't tell more, as I am very bad with a computer, either I would have install step with success before ^^

thank's again for your great work.

I get it now.  It would, in fact, say that you've got missing files if some of them were for a different language.  I've got it checking all the BSAs for the DLC to make sure you're starting from a "clean slate", but it's only checking the versions of the files I have (English).

There's no real need to check the BSA files.  The thought was that someone might have made some changes to their original BSA files (maybe they tried some texture optimization by hand), and that this would detect that and prompt them to do one of those "Verify Integrity of Game Cache" things to get back.  But obviously, there are different versions of these files for different languages, so that's not appropriate.

Hopefully this same thing doesn't apply to the ESM files, because StepperUpper does need to check those.  Assuming that's the case, I should just be able to delete the <File> records for the DLC BSAs and everything will work itself out.

#70 airbreather

airbreather

Guard

• Developers
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 08:07 PM

0.9.4.0 is available; see the first post for details about what's changed.  The biggest improvement here is the ability for it to set the screen resolution and full-screen mode for the game.

Also, I've populated the GitHub project wiki with much better documentation than what I had in the README.md page before.

As of this post, I have implemented all the features I wanted to get implemented before calling this "out of beta".  I'm going to give this a few days; if nobody reports any critical issues with it by Thursday or so, I'll officially call this the "first non-beta release".

There's still more I want to get done eventually, and there's still the work of keeping download versions up to date (though that's gotten a lot slower recently), so I won't disappear or anything.

#71 darkside

darkside

High King

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 10:19 PM

This should get more attention. I haven't install STEP for a long time, but this will be a time saver for anyone that need STEP setup. Thanks again for this wonderful program.  

#72 airbreather

airbreather

Guard

• Developers
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 09:00 AM

POPULAR

Well, I found a few smallish issues, so I took a few more days to fix it up and test it a little on a Win7 boot.  1.0.0.0 is available now, the first non-Beta release.  See the top post for details.

This should get more attention. I haven't install STEP for a long time, but this will be a time saver for anyone that need STEP setup. Thanks again for this wonderful program.  

About having this get more attention... I advertised it once on /r/skyrimmods when there was an initial Beta release, but otherwise, I didn't want to make TOO much noise over it until I had a non-Beta release I could point to that a few people had tested out.  With the full-screen options and the screen resolution thing in there, plus a GUI of sorts, there's just one quirk that you still need to address manually (the VideoMemorySizeMb issue), and I think it's not getting fixed soon nor is it worth holding up a non-Beta release over, so at this point I'm cool with whatever attention it gets.

#73 DavidLeClair

DavidLeClair

Prisoner

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 04:53 PM

A solution to the VideoMemorySizeMb issue (if you haven't solved it) might be to use the method from SR:LE LotD, which is to set VideoMemorySizeMb=0 and then AutoDetectVideoMemorySize=true

I haven't actually completed the SR:LE LotD install though, so I'm not 100% sure if that's all the required steps.

#74 airbreather

airbreather

Guard

• Developers
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 09:54 AM

A solution to the VideoMemorySizeMb issue (if you haven't solved it) might be to use the method from SR:LE LotD, which is to set VideoMemorySizeMb=0 and then AutoDetectVideoMemorySize=true

I haven't actually completed the SR:LE LotD install though, so I'm not 100% sure if that's all the required steps.

I'm not 100% sure about this, but if I had to guess, I'd imagine that using AutoDetectVideoMemorySize=true would give numbers that are too high for Windows 8/8.1/10 because of this bug: those systems are limited to specifying a maximum value of 4064 here, regardless of actual physical parameters.  I suspect that AutoDetectVideoMemorySize=true just does something similar to the simple calculation that STEP used to suggest (note: the instructions there are out-of-date; this link points to an old version of the page).

#75 DavidLeClair

DavidLeClair

Prisoner

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 02:05 PM

As I said, I'm not 100% sure on the functionality of AutoDetectVideoMemorySize=true, but dunc001 says that the setting allows him to switch between WIN10 and WIN7 without encountering errors here. Additionally, after running some tests on WIN10 with a gtx 1070 it appears to not set it over 4064 Mb.

Cheers,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users