SSE & Modding - The early days

So for the SSE modders here, what do you think about the current state of ENBs/ReShade? CFL ENB, Rudy ENB and SkyrimSE Re-Engaged are all really solid presets already, but they really hurt my performance..

With JK's Riverwood installed for example, standing on the bridge looking towards Riverwood dropped me from 60 to ~40 fps with Rudy ENB with Lens and DoF disabled... In many other areas you can maintain 60 fps, but such strange and heavy drops make it unusable for me in its current state. ReShade presets caused similar drops, especially when DoF, Gaussian Blur and MXAO were involved. I do have a fairly heavily modded game already and insist on using a grass overhaul (UG/Verdant). I'm not using SFO though.

I decided that for now I'm actually content with not using fancy presets at all. You can already make your game look really good with the current selection of weather/lighting mods out there. Btw for those that dislike TAA, try adding just a lumasharpen module via the newest ReShade! Costs like 1-2 fps and does wonders

• 3 weeks later...

I don't quite get this. Does this one is being maintained by other authors? Because the uploader is not Tannin.

MO is open source. LePresidente forked it off and developed it further. It is functioning well with SkyrimSE with my limited testing. No more NMM for me at this time. I think LePresidente got Tannin's blessing to release & maintain it.

I am still enjoy playing original Skyrim. My current setup is very stable with smooth game play.

Edited by darkside

MO is open source. LePresidente forked it off and developed it further. It is functioning well with SkyrimSE with my limited testing. No more NMM for me at this time. I think LePresidente got Tannin's blessing to release & maintain it.

I am still enjoy playing original Skyrim. My current setup is very stable with smooth game play.

Okay thank for the clarification.

Couldn't agree more, I even still adding more mods into my load order.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i got two  questions (that probably have the same answer ) .

If i am still using NMM for modding The SE  edition  of skyrim  and i wanted to use SSELODGEN  to make  new LODS  do i need to do anything specific after the program is done or are the generated files  moved to the right location automatically ?

Same for making a bashed patch  with WRYE bash  , do i need to move files somewhere  afterwards ?

Edited by thorgal

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines, Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.