SSE & Modding - The early days

I concur with everything you said, I already replaced some texture (Rustic Clothing, can't play without it anymore)

Also, alt toggling sprint is new, it's the default behavior in Fallout 4, and I personally like it, since keeping alt to sprint and pressing spacebar to jump at the same time was a challenge :P

use caps lock for sprint and spacebar for jumping.  :;):

It's been awhile since I played the original Skyrim, but didn't caps lock toggle walk/run, same as keeping shift pressed?

well you can configure the keys w/e you want... caps seems the most easy to use for running to me (i use the pinky  :^_^: ) shift for duck, space for jump... wasd movement alt special key like shout here ..use is M3... this is what i use for all games and works well for me.

By the way, a new nvidia driver has been released that 'provides optimal experience' for some new games, including SSE. There's also a new NMM which I currently use for SSE mods. Works okay for now, you just need to add "skyrimse" in nxmhandlers.ini in your MO folder to the line of games that are controlled by the Nexus Client. This way MO controls old skyrim Nexus links and NMM controls the SSE Nexus links.

Nerdy milestone: I made my first SSE CR patch! :')

Edited by Pretendeavor

Alright, I got the game running at a flawless 60 fps with a 2560x1440 resolution now, hooray! Whiterun, Solitude, Riften, Markarth, it's all good!

To mitigate the few minor performance dips I had I changed iShadowMapResolution from 4096 to 2048, iVolumetricLightingQuality from 2 to 1 and iVSyncPresentInterval from 1 to 0. I enabled a 60fps limiter in the global profile in nvidia inspector for now until SSE gets its own profile. Despite vsync being disabled I have seen zero screen tearing as a result of this, but maybe I'm just not 'sensitive' to it.

Increasing fGrassStartFadeDistance to 18000 (the SR:LE tweak) fixed the annoying grass fade in. I'm a happy camper right now :P

With nothing added except Book Covers Skyrim and default inis, I have had two crashes around Riverwood. One was near the Bandit Camp outside the Helgen cave and the other was near the bridge where there is that infamous "bird in the tree". Hopefully the Unofficial Patch might help with issues like that.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines, Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.