I am allowing myself to post here, even if it is not directly related to DynDOLOD (If I am wrong, don't hesitate to delete, sorry for that).
I've read the article in the link you posted. I noticed a same issue in my game, so I'm glad you managed to find the reason. Thanks for finding where Bethesda was wrong... again :)
I encountered a -very- strange issue, and I was wondering if there is a possible "logical" explanation about it or if someone else have the same issue. I will try to be as precise as I can.
The bug I noticed is a problem in which Lods models do not disappear after some specific fast travel.
- It look like it appears only when I fast-travel on a long distance.
When I was trying to understand the problem I used to fast-travel from Volkihar Castle to Honningbrew Meadery.
- I used a 100% clean save on third person view (right after the helgen exit I fast travel to Volkihar Castle and started the tests), My data directory only had the original Skyrim SE bsa and the 5 original esm nothing else.
- "clean save" will refer to the save I made at Volkihar Castle and "autosave" will refer to the save which is automatically done just before a fast travel. I close Skyrim after each fast travel to be sure nothing are stored in cache or anything.
- First case:
- Load the clean save, (in third person view so), fast travel from Volkihar Castle to Honningbrew Meadery : No problem
- Close Skyrim, Load the autosave (still in third person view), fast travel from Volkihar Castle to Honningbrew Meadery : No problem
- Second case:
- Load the clean save, change to first person view, fast travel from Volkihar Castle to Honningbrew Meadery : No problem
- Close Skyrim, Load the autosave (in first person view so), fast travel from Volkihar Castle to Honningbrew Meadery : problem happen (as in the picture).
Needless to say I had to restart my game dozens of time to find out it is the first person view which actually cause this problem.
I can see no way in which this is related, for me there is absolutely no reason changing view can have an impact on how Lods are managed, maybe I missed something...
I also find it very strange the problem only occurs when I load the "autosave".
Moreover I tried with all my mods/Meshes/Script etc. in the data folder and this didn't changed the problem (first person view = problem, Third person view = fine).
I obviously don't expect for a fix or anything, I was just curious if you or someone have an idea about what could cause this problem since I can't see any logic with it...
Thanks for taking the time to read it!
Edited by Abendaron, 22 November 2016 - 03:37 PM.