• Please log in to reply
298 replies to this topic

#256 straylight

straylight

Prisoner

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 July 2018 - 04:02 PM

Ahhh... what a pain. Now Merge Plug-ins won't even work for a lot of these files. Since the ESLs seem to kick up USSEP above Dawnguard, Hearthfires, Dragonborn for some odd reason (even though that isn't the case in the Load Order). So when trying to merge anything that references USSEP, I'm screwed. Like I want to merge all of the Farmhouse Chimney's patches for Arthmoor's mods..which also calls on Cutting Floor and USSEP. But Merge Plugins shoots out errors that USSEP is coming before the official DLCs and can't proceed. This is happening with Morrowloot patches as well, and others. It seems nothing wants to adjust to ESL and creating oddities. :( After all of this time, Bethesda gave us a great thing.. and now I can't use it right. Ugh.

Again, not criticicing your app.. Just gotta get it off my chest.

#257 sheson

sheson

Dragon King

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,481 posts

Posted 01 July 2018 - 10:08 PM

Fair enough. I'll try my best. :)

As for xEdit, man that's an app that's behind the times in more ways than one. I have to get up close to my TV screen if I want to even read anything on it. Looks like it was made with free, primitive libraries circa 2003. xLODGen is even worse. All of the checkboxes are blurred and illegible. But I digress. Nothing to do with your app.

xEdit and xLODGen are the same program. It uses standard Windows desktop elements. If the standard Windows desktop elements are blurred and illegible I suggest to use a PC Monitor and use its native resolution.

Ahhh... what a pain. Now Merge Plug-ins won't even work for a lot of these files. Since the ESLs seem to kick up USSEP above Dawnguard, Hearthfires, Dragonborn for some odd reason (even though that isn't the case in the Load Order). So when trying to merge anything that references USSEP, I'm screwed. Like I want to merge all of the Farmhouse Chimney's patches for Arthmoor's mods..which also calls on Cutting Floor and USSEP. But Merge Plugins shoots out errors that USSEP is coming before the official DLCs and can't proceed. This is happening with Morrowloot patches as well, and others. It seems nothing wants to adjust to ESL and creating oddities. :( After all of this time, Bethesda gave us a great thing.. and now I can't use it right. Ugh.

Again, not criticicing your app.. Just gotta get it off my chest.

If you have problems with third party tools I suggest to ask questions how to use them on their appropriate forums.

#258 straylight

straylight

Prisoner

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 July 2018 - 06:44 PM

xEdit and xLODGen are the same program. It uses standard Windows desktop elements. If the standard Windows desktop elements are blurred and illegible I suggest to use a PC Monitor and use its native resolution.

If you have problems with third party tools I suggest to ask questions how to use them on their appropriate forums.

Not blurred literally. I mean I myself have to strain. It doesn't scale and font point is tiny. I can use a monitor fine. I'm sure you get your fair share of dumb comments and criticisms, but you don't need to patronize me to that extent. I just happen to game with a 4k TV most of the time (because my monitor isn't 4k), and occasionally like to sit in place if I need to do a quick edit when not gaming. I hate to have get up just to use an editor. SSEDit is one of many older apps that doesn't scale correctly. Yours is is not one of them. There's a difference.

Funnily, some big companies haven't adjusted either. For example, Steam scales OK.. but Origin doesn't. It's impossible to read the menus from 8 ft or so.

Edited by straylight, 02 July 2018 - 06:49 PM.

#259 sheson

sheson

Dragon King

• Mod Authors
  • 3,481 posts

Posted 03 July 2018 - 02:44 AM

Seems I mistook your complains as asking for help. If the free programs do not work the way you want, improve them by contributing updates to the code base, just like I did when I took over LODGen or started committing to xEdit. We focus most of our free time and efforts on features, functions and correct operation and rarely on issues users inflict on themselves.

#260 gmahadhika

gmahadhika

Prisoner

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 04:44 PM

Hi, I just started switching from Oldrim to Newrim and I absolutely have to install DynDOLOD again. However, does Whiterun Exterior.esp include changes from Cutting Room Floor? I know it may sounds ridiculous, but the ONLY thing keeping me from using Cutting Room Floor is because the added buildings from CRF is not included in Whiterun Exterior.esp.

So is it included/any option to include it? If not, would you be so kind to make one? Thank you.

#261 sheson

sheson

Dragon King

• Mod Authors
  • 3,481 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 05:01 PM

Hi, I just started switching from Oldrim to Newrim and I absolutely have to install DynDOLOD again. However, does Whiterun Exterior.esp include changes from Cutting Room Floor? I know it may sounds ridiculous, but the ONLY thing keeping me from using Cutting Room Floor is because the added buildings from CRF is not included in Whiterun Exterior.esp.

So is it included/any option to include it? If not, would you be so kind to make one? Thank you.

I suppose you mean the building of the courier? It is not. There is only limited mod support for Skyrim SE while it has severe engine bugs. Such patching is rather easy to add though, so I might just do it or explain how once I looked at it some more.

Edited by sheson, 06 July 2018 - 05:01 PM.

#262 gmahadhika

gmahadhika

Prisoner

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 07 July 2018 - 03:01 AM

I suppose you mean the building of the courier? It is not. There is only limited mod support for Skyrim SE while it has severe engine bugs. Such patching is rather easy to add though, so I might just do it or explain how once I looked at it some more.

Yes! Please do make it, or at least teach me how. I'm not a modder but I have used SSEEdit and CK before. I might be able to make it if you give me a tutorial. Thank you again.

Edited by gmahadhika, 07 July 2018 - 03:03 AM.

#263 sheson

sheson

Dragon King

• Mod Authors
  • 3,481 posts

Posted 07 July 2018 - 11:21 AM

Yes! Please do make it, or at least teach me how. I'm not a modder but I have used SSEEdit and CK before. I might be able to make it if you give me a tutorial. Thank you again.

Get the DynDOLOD 2.41 beta and the DynDOLOD Resource SE 2.41 beta. Install the Whiterun Exterior again. It will install two additional files. Then generate LOD with 2.41 and you should see the building outside the wall as well.

I was thinking about the building of the Provincial Courier Service when I read your post, but you meant the Maiden-Loom Manor from Cutting Room Floor, which is past the stables. So I created patch files for both mods...

Edited by sheson, 07 July 2018 - 11:21 AM.

#264 gmahadhika

gmahadhika

Prisoner

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 07 July 2018 - 11:48 AM

Get the DynDOLOD 2.41 beta and the DynDOLOD Resource SE 2.41 beta. Install the Whiterun Exterior again. It will install two additional files. Then generate LOD with 2.41 and you should see the building outside the wall as well.

I was thinking about the building of the Provincial Courier Service when I read your post, but you meant the Maiden-Loom Manor from Cutting Room Floor, which is past the stables. So I created patch files for both mods...

You just uploaded a new Whiterun Exterior just for my request? Thank you!

While I'm at it, will I need Whiterun Exterior.esp to generate the building LOD if I use Open Cities? I never use Open Cities but it intrigues me. Thank you again.

#265 sheson

sheson

Dragon King

• Mod Authors
  • 3,481 posts

Posted 07 July 2018 - 12:32 PM

You just uploaded a new Whiterun Exterior just for my request? Thank you!

While I'm at it, will I need Whiterun Exterior.esp to generate the building LOD if I use Open Cities? I never use Open Cities but it intrigues me. Thank you again.

There is no Whiterun Exterior.esp anymore, just patch instruction files that add the same information right into the DynDOLOD plugins. Same result, without extra plugins in the load order.

The Whiterun Exterior patches add full model buildings that otherwise only exist in the loaded cells of Tamriel parent worldspace into the loaded cells of the Whiterun child worldspace. The Tamriel LOD past the loaded cells is shared between the two worldspaces.

Since you do not enter the Whiterun worldspace anymore when Open Cities is installed, there is not much use modifying the Whiterun worldspace. You will just never see it. It doesn't hurt anything either though.

Edited by sheson, 07 July 2018 - 12:33 PM.

#266 gmahadhika

gmahadhika

Prisoner

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 07 July 2018 - 01:13 PM

There is no Whiterun Exterior.esp anymore, just patch instruction files that add the same information right into the DynDOLOD plugins. Same result, without extra plugins in the load order.

The Whiterun Exterior patches add full model buildings that otherwise only exist in the loaded cells of Tamriel parent worldspace into the loaded cells of the Whiterun child worldspace. The Tamriel LOD past the loaded cells is shared between the two worldspaces.

Since you do not enter the Whiterun worldspace anymore when Open Cities is installed, there is not much use modifying the Whiterun worldspace. You will just never see it. It doesn't hurt anything either though.

So either way it's fine right? Is this the right file that I need to download that include Maiden-Loom Manor LOD (2.41 beta)?:

https://forum.step-p...yrim-sevr-beta/

Thank you again.

#267 sheson

sheson

Dragon King

• Mod Authors
  • 3,481 posts

Posted 07 July 2018 - 01:17 PM

So either way it's fine right? Is this the right file that I need to download that include Maiden-Loom Manor LOD (2.41 beta)?:

https://forum.step-p...yrim-sevr-beta/

Thank you again.

Either way is fine. Yes get the 2.41 Resources SE, install the Whiterun Exterior patches and then generate LOD from scratch with the 2.41 standalone so the patches are added to the DynDOLOD plugins.

#268 gmahadhika

gmahadhika

Prisoner

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 08:12 AM

Oh, one more thing. Is it possible to set the animated banners on Imperial Forts/Tower on No LOD?

#269 sheson

sheson

Dragon King

• Mod Authors
  • 3,481 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 09:17 AM

Yes it is possible to configure pretty much everything in advanced mode or by editing the config files directly.

If you are asking how to set something, then you need to be more specific what object/references or base records you are talking about and what you would like to be different about them.

#270 gmahadhika

gmahadhika

Prisoner

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 18 July 2018 - 02:19 AM

Yes it is possible to configure pretty much everything in advanced mode or by editing the config files directly.

If you are asking how to set something, then you need to be more specific what object/references or base records you are talking about and what you would like to be different about them.

Does that including objects from mods as well? I am using Warzones - Civil Unrest Mod, and it adds some camps and burning carriage or something near Fort Greymoor. Those objects don't have generated LODs even after using DynDOLOD, so they just pop in when I close in.

Is it possible to add these objects LOD? Thank you.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dyndolod, lod, special, edition, sse

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users