Photo

ENB washed out problem.

Best Answer Nozzer66 , 30 October 2016 - 04:46 AM

That is likely an antialiasing issue. What you've possibly done is turned on Anti-aliasing in the ENBlocal file, and not turned it off via the original skyrim launcher. Where you're asked to do a few changes to some parameters.

With regards to ENB and presets and what everything in the files mean, I suggest looking at this page: https://wiki.step-pr...t.com/Guide:ENB

And I've just now noticed you're only running a 1GB card. With that sort of card I'd suggest you may not have the graphical oomph to run a full ENB in any case.

Still, ENB's in themselves are not that difficult to install. You were half way there anyway doing what you did with the files from ENB 3.08. The next step is typically to choose a preset, download that and (at least 99% of the time) put the files in the Skyrim directory. Some more involved ENB's may have an installer for you to select the options you wish before you put the files into your Skyrim directory. Vividian ENB is one such example. Some may have their own esp files as well. Again, Vividian ENB does this.

I can also recommend the guides that are in the downloadable file for Skylight ENB. https://www.nexusmod...im/mods/48730/? . Aiyen goes into enough depth that you'll know what all the parameters do and how to correctly install ENB's. It's also quite a nice ENB itself.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 dale5351

dale5351

Prisoner

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 12:03 PM

I am trying to get ENB to work the way I think it should, but something is very wrong.

I have downloaded ENB version 3.08 and installed it into my Skyrim directory as instructed by extracting files from folder WrapperVersion to my game folder.  My problem is that all of the scenery is dull and washed out.  In fact it looks much better if I disable ENB by setting UseEffect=false in [GLOBAL] of enbseries.ini.

My video card is a NVIDIA GT 620 which has 1GB VRam and 3GB of shared ram.

I set the memory parameters in enblocal.ini to:
ReservedMemorySizeMb=128
VideoMemorySizeMb=3862

Can any one give me a hint as to what I might have done wrong?

My enblocal.ini file :

and my enbseries.ini file:

#2 Nozzer66

Nozzer66

Dragon Prince

• Pack Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,594 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 12:50 PM

Have you then added an ENB preset as well? Plus any other such lighting etc files that the ENB preset might ask for?

#3 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,514 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 04:27 PM

First set this to false in enblocal.ini: EnableTemporalAA=true. It's known to be fairly bad. Just a tip. Will not fix your issue.

Second, as Nozzer mentioned. You have to install an ENB Preset that can be downloaded from Nexus. Just installing ENBSeries will not get to anywhere.

Third, make sure you make the necessary changes to your SkyrimPrefs.ini.

#4 dale5351

dale5351

Prisoner

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 03:58 AM

Second, as Nozzer mentioned. You have to install an ENB Preset that can be downloaded from Nexus. Just installing ENBSeries will not get to anywhere.

OK -- I went and looked for ENB Preset, and had great difficulty making sense of any of them. Some were very complicated to install, with no clear indication as to how to remove them if they did not play nice with my setup. Others caused jerky motion -- possibly because I don't have as much vRam as they want. I'm giving up on presets and will simply use ENBseries set as:
[GLOBAL]
UseEffect=false

Third, make sure you make the necessary changes to your SkyrimPrefs.ini.

Where can I find out what all of those parameters mean, and what (if any) changes I should make to what seem to be the three prime ini files, enblocal, enbseries and skyrimprifs.

I seem to have done something (and know what I did) that is causing me to occasionally see through walls. Any idea what parameter(s) might have that impact?

Edited by Greg, 30 October 2016 - 07:52 AM.
Fixed quotes

#5 Nozzer66

Nozzer66

Dragon Prince

• Pack Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,594 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 04:46 AM   Best Answer

That is likely an antialiasing issue. What you've possibly done is turned on Anti-aliasing in the ENBlocal file, and not turned it off via the original skyrim launcher. Where you're asked to do a few changes to some parameters.

With regards to ENB and presets and what everything in the files mean, I suggest looking at this page: https://wiki.step-pr...t.com/Guide:ENB

And I've just now noticed you're only running a 1GB card. With that sort of card I'd suggest you may not have the graphical oomph to run a full ENB in any case.

Still, ENB's in themselves are not that difficult to install. You were half way there anyway doing what you did with the files from ENB 3.08. The next step is typically to choose a preset, download that and (at least 99% of the time) put the files in the Skyrim directory. Some more involved ENB's may have an installer for you to select the options you wish before you put the files into your Skyrim directory. Vividian ENB is one such example. Some may have their own esp files as well. Again, Vividian ENB does this.

I can also recommend the guides that are in the downloadable file for Skylight ENB. https://www.nexusmod...im/mods/48730/? . Aiyen goes into enough depth that you'll know what all the parameters do and how to correctly install ENB's. It's also quite a nice ENB itself.

#6 dale5351

dale5351

Prisoner

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 01:46 AM

Thanks for the references, they help a lot.  I believe that I have removed all traces of the presets I had tried to install, and am no longer having the problem whereby I am seeing through what should be solid structures.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users