SR:LE (by Neovalen): LIST OF MODS AND THEIR CURRENT STATUS REGARDING THE NEW ""SPECIAL EDITION"" OFFICIAL RELEASE

hey i can confirm that FAR - forgotten argonian roots does work for SSE but MUST be Installed manually and not through NMM cos the the weird data structure the mod has

There you go, FAR updated, next days Im gonna dig in different forums where some list compatibilty are being builded, like reddit, ll and nexus, so I can keep this one in shape.

that looks quite nice what the fps hit Darkside?

I am playing at 2560x1080 Ultrawide. I got constant 60fps with a few dips to 50. GPU 980 Ti, and CPU i7-4790k

Ultra settings with shadow resolution dropped to 2048.

This setup reminds me of my favorite ENB - Vividian ENB version 6.5 with Climate of Tamriel.

I still think original Skyrim looks better due to better ENB implementation, but worse performance.

Edited by darkside

I am playing at 2560x1080 Ultrawide. I got constant 60fps with a few dips to 50. GPU 980 Ti, and CPU i7-4790k

Ultra settings with shadow resolution dropped to 2048.

I still think original Skyrim looks better due to better ENB implementation, but worse performance. 

ok i don't know i not try ENB's yet on SSE but i am sure Boris will improve things as he gets to grip with things.

Cool Screenshots, darkside, but yeah, I see that the improvement is still not there for ENB, in the daylight town screenshot, i see that the far away tress on the right, are very blurry, like when you watch  a 3D film without the glasses, but still, perfomance, I have heard, is way better, so, I keep my hopes for the next future of SSE.

27,1 % of the mods in Neovalen's guide have been already ported.

13,9 % of the mods can be used as it is, some with a few modifications, from LE till SSE

7,8 % author had said they will port their mod as soon as possible

7,1 % maybe are working in SSE, but one reason or another, is better to wait.

All this statistics, show a very, very active modders community, healthy imho, for SSE.

Edited by Electronauta

Cool Screenshots, darkside, but yeah, I see that the improvement is still not there for ENB, in the daylight town screenshot, i see that the far away tress on the right, are very blurry, like when you watch a 3D film without the glasses, but still, perfomance, I have heard, is way better, so, I keep my hopes for the next future of SSE.

27,1 % of the mods in Neovalen's guide have been already ported.

13,9 % of the mods can be used as it is, some with a few modifications, from LE till SSE

7,8 % author had said they will port their mod as soon as possible

7,1 % maybe are working in SSE, but one reason or another, is better to wait.

All this statistics, show a very, very active modders community, healthy imho, for SSE.

This statistic is very encouraging.

well I tried out CFL ENB while wait for a bunch of musicians to stop bitchin at each other, they're nearly as bad a Luvies (that what us theatre techs call actors). I must say I quite liked it I removed the stupid letter boxing and the DOF wasn't as strong I normally have to turn it off cos it give me eye ache but this one didn't as much.

Edited by Darth_mathias

well I tried out CFL ENB while wait for a bunch of musicians to stop bitchin at each other, they're nearly as bad a Luvies (that what us theatre techs call actors). I must say I quite liked it I removed the stupid letter boxing and the DOF wasn't as strong I normally have to turn it off cos it give me eye ache but this one didn't as much.

Totally agree on your assessment of this ENB. I like subtle dynamic DOF for gameplay. I removed letter box as well because I am on ultrawide.

Thanks for all the work with the overview! I was able to set up Skyrim SE yesterday and include many mods from SR:LE and SR:LE Extended. Converting old mods to SE with the new Creation Kit and forwarding changes with xEdit is easy and quickly done. Now I just have to finish with the compatibility patches. And wait for the bigger mods and SKSE...

Thanks for all the work with the overview! I was able to set up Skyrim SE yesterday and include many mods from SR:LE and SR:LE Extended. Converting old mods to SE with the new Creation Kit and forwarding changes with xEdit is easy and quickly done. Now I just have to finish with the compatibility patches. And wait for the bigger mods and SKSE...

i would be interested to know wht mod from SRLE Extended are compatible out of the box and which ones require some CK fiddling.

Sorry, I did not track my work. But I re-saved every old esp file in the new CK just to be safe. Many esps that edit the world space need forwards from the new update.esm as well in regards to the new water and lighting.

I am still reluctant about the mesh conversions. A mass edit of the nifs with the new tools would be great, but users report crashes with certain conversions while the old versions work well. Probably I will wait for my next playthrough and watch out for abnormalities during the game.

Edited by justfun

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines, Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.