70 replies to this topic

#61 Decopauge123

Decopauge123

Jarl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 11:28 PM

TechAngel85, I just  read your post about SSE CreationKit Fixes "not working through MO2 (2.1.6 Beta)" because it is "somehow blocking the 'ntquerydirectoryfile' hook".  Hopefully this problem can be eliminated.

#62 Decopauge123

Decopauge123

Jarl

• Members
  • 506 posts

Posted 12 December 2018 - 01:01 PM

TechAngel85, I just  read your post about SSE CreationKit Fixes "not working through MO2 (2.1.6 Beta)" because it is "somehow blocking the 'ntquerydirectoryfile' hook".  Hopefully this problem can be eliminated.

Another mod user posted that he was able to get SSE CreationKit Fixes to work with MO2 by first running the mod outside MO2.  After I did this, I installed a mod in MO2 (v2.1.5) and was able to see it in the CK while running the CK from MO2.

Edited by Decopauge123, 12 December 2018 - 01:07 PM.

#63 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,623 posts

Posted 12 December 2018 - 06:26 PM

Another mod user posted that he was able to get SSE CreationKit Fixes to work with MO2 by first running the mod outside MO2. After I did this, I installed a mod in MO2 (v2.1.5) and was able to see it in the CK while running the CK from MO2.

It worked with 2.1.5, but with 2.1.6it does not due to changes in usvfs.

#64 Decopauge123

Decopauge123

Jarl

• Members
  • 506 posts

Posted 13 December 2018 - 09:13 PM

It worked with 2.1.5, but with 2.1.6it does not due to changes in usvfs.

What is your source for MO2 v2.1.6?  MO v2.1.5 in on NexusSE, and it's mod page points to a Github page that shows MO v2.1.2 as the newest version.

#65 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,623 posts

Posted 14 December 2018 - 09:52 AM

What is your source for MO2 v2.1.6? MO v2.1.5 in on NexusSE, and it's mod page points to a Github page that shows MO v2.1.2 as the newest version.

The betas are released on Discord.

#66 Decopauge123

Decopauge123

Jarl

• Members
  • 506 posts

Posted 14 December 2018 - 03:13 PM

The betas are released on Discord.

Ah.  OK.   Thanks!

#67 Decopauge123

Decopauge123

Jarl

• Members
  • 506 posts

Posted 01 July 2019 - 08:36 AM

2.C. Extenders

ENBoost
    ENBSeries has been ported (limited) to SSE; however, ENBoost is not needed with SSE and will be dropped from the SSE Guide. Maybe someone needs Skyrim particle patch for ENB.

Regarding dropping ENBoost from the from the SSE Guide, I would like to suggest the use of Reshade and BTS - Beautifully Textured Skyrim ReShade Preset (as described in DarkLadyLexy's LOTD SE) in it's place.  From the preset Author: "The aim of this preset is simple: to boost texture detail, while preserving Skyrim Special Edition's original colours and lighting - or those of whichever mods you're running."  This would seem to be fully in-line with your "... vision of an "extended vanilla" Skyrim".

Reshade has over

80 effects in it's arsenal
, but the 4 used by the preset are working just fine in my game.

#68 Shadriss

Shadriss

High King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts

Posted 01 July 2019 - 12:48 PM

WRT the above, Tech, it does fit pretty well... I've been using that setup and while it's still somewhat inferior to an ENB setup (depending on what you are looking at), it's very performance friendly and looks pretty good. It's at least something to look at. I'm not sure that ENB has ever been subjected to the STEP Mandate (because it's so preference based), but if it were, ReShade with the preset described above is about as close as you get to vanilla.

#69 Decopauge123

Decopauge123

Jarl

• Members
  • 506 posts

Posted 01 July 2019 - 05:10 PM

WRT the above, Tech, it does fit pretty well... I've been using that setup and while it's still somewhat inferior to an ENB setup (depending on what you are looking at), it's very performance friendly and looks pretty good. It's at least something to look at. I'm not sure that ENB has ever been subjected to the STEP Mandate (because it's so preference based), but if it were, ReShade with the preset described above is about as close as you get to vanilla.

Shadriss, I like ReShade with the preset described above because it's easy to setup, makes a noticeable visual improvement to Skyrim SE, and is very performance friendly.  Changing the settings, if I ever want to tinker with it, is fairly easy.

... and Thanks for the comments.

Edited by Decopauge123, 01 July 2019 - 05:11 PM.

#70 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • 12,623 posts

Posted 03 July 2019 - 03:22 PM

2.C. Extenders

ENBoost
    ENBSeries has been ported (limited) to SSE; however, ENBoost is not needed with SSE and will be dropped from the SSE Guide. Maybe someone needs Skyrim particle patch for ENB.

Regarding dropping ENBoost from the from the SSE Guide, I would like to suggest the use of Reshade and BTS - Beautifully Textured Skyrim ReShade Preset (as described in DarkLadyLexy's LOTD SE) in it's place.  From the preset Author: "The aim of this preset is simple: to boost texture detail, while preserving Skyrim Special Edition's original colours and lighting - or those of whichever mods you're running."  This would seem to be fully in-line with your "... vision of an "extended vanilla" Skyrim".

Reshade has over

80 effects in it's arsenal
, but the 4 used by the preset are working just fine in my game.

Shadriss is correct. We have never had recommendations for any type of post-processor in the offical Guides. We only had ENBSeries for the ENBoost feature, which skirted some limitations on the 32-bit Skyrim LE. That is no longer required with the 64-bit Skyrim SE. We will be recommending lighting and weather mods, but are also providing an optional Patch for that section of the Guide. That way users can customize their lighting and weather mods to their heart's desire (assuming the user isn't happy with STEP's picks).

Regarding the recommendation, just from looking at the images on the author's page I, personally, probably wouldn't use it. There seems to be a lot of sharpening going on and my eagle eyes notice all that comes with that. For example you can see the particle effects becoming grainy in the distance. Also you can see some textures without much detail to sharpen (likely vanilla textures) really stand out from the higher detailed and sharpened textures around them. These vanilla textures are very blurry, even more so with the added sharpening. Those are two things I picked up on very quickly.

#71 Shadriss

Shadriss

High King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts

Posted 05 July 2019 - 11:33 AM

Both items true, and both easily dealt with using texture replacers that you likely are adding anyhow. That said, it's still a poor man's ENB (so to speak) and is highly customization. Not trying to sell it to you, but it's worth mentioning. I have some screens of the Lexy LOTD guide on her discord that are using the setup I mentioned - that might be a better thing to look at than the mod's screens. Regardless, as you point out, that aspect is always highly customizable anyhow, so it isn't like it matters over much.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: skyrim,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users