• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Wow, nice update to this mod:

Version 2.7.0

Added camera controls, up/down/left/right and zoom in/out

Improved controller support for secondary categories

Fixed decapitation crashes

Fixed texture reference issues where occasionally altered textures would be duplicated to other actors

Integrated CharGen entirely, main mod and morphs no longer necessary.

CharGen now attempts to detect custom races, patches should no longer be required assuming the race uses compatible morph files

Camera now moves around, much needed for adding tats. No more extra plugins for Chargen or custom races.

ShowRaceMenu precache killer is also integrated as well. Just delete it from SKSE directory.

I'm confused. What is Chargen Morphs and Precache killer? I only installed the main file last time. It also always dumps some mesh crap into my overwrite folder whenever I play Skyrim. I usually just empy the overwrite folder on a regular basis after I play. 

Edited by DoYouEvenModBro

If the game crashes during the race menu, then those files are back ups you can use so you don't have to redo the whole thing over again.

CharGen Morphs is a separate mod that extends even more options to modify the character and the precache killer is to prevent crashes when you type showracemenu into the console while in game. Basically, it allows you to open the racemenu anytime without crashing.

If the game crashes during the race menu, then those files are back ups you can use so you don't have to redo the whole thing over again.

CharGen Morphs is a separate mod that extends even more options to modify the character and the precache killer is to prevent crashes when you type showracemenu into the console while in game. Basically, it allows you to open the racemenu anytime without crashing.

Ohhh. Ok so I don't use CharGen Morphs and I never downloaded that separate precache killer file....so I can just uninstall RaceMenu and install the new version, right?

Also....the new version has the precache killer built into it? Why did you say to delete it in SKSE

And that's awesome. I never knew you could change your race/facialfeatures whenever you wanted to. 

• 3 weeks later...

Well this answered my question/problem. Was having trouble with my racemenu plugins, the menu column would show but nothing in the column, my old characters would still have their tatts but couldn't edit them or add any on to new toons, thought it might be load order or some finer point of MO that I was missing, I'm a new migrant from NMM. Nope, just needed to update Racemenu (guess its nexus id was missing so it didn't show as needing an update). Glad I searched the forums first before making a new thread.

• 1 month later...

so if you can get the update be aware of some changes:

Version 2.8.0Changed Morph to SculptAdded mesh templating to NiOverrideAdded experimental tint masking for armor to NiOverrideAdded Expression category and sliders to all default racesUpdated Sculpt mode (THIS IS STILL MOSTLY NON FUNCTIONAL)Added iLogLevel to both CharGen and NiOverride, -1 will disable logging, there are 5 log levels.

You might want to look at the INIs provided with the mod in the info view and change logging to -1. I doubt you need either of these since you aren't testing advanced features or a new mod.

DisableFaceGenChache or whatever it's called is no integrated into the mod, so no need to have the .dll for it in your SKSEPlugins folder.