Resources core file required error message

Klapp3k

Question

Hey Guys,

i hope somebody can help me out,

When i starting the DynDOLOD.exe from my Desktop or from the File folder i got the following error Message:

"DynDOLOD Resources core file required to create improved LOD"

So, i got the DynDOLOD Ressources installed in my Nexxus Mod Manager, and the folder for the Ressources is on the Desktop too...

I was doing everything following an Youtube video from GamerPoet..

Greetz Klapp3k

If it can not find some key files installed in the game games data folder it will print the message that it can not find some files.

Install the DynDOLOD Resource files into the game data folder or however the mod manager you are using is dong that. If you have problems installing the meshes/textures from DynDOLOD Resources I suggest to follow a modding guide.

it doesn#t work..

This is not a descriptive error report.

If installing meshes/textures from an installation archive with an installer is a problem, I suggest to spend some time to learn how to use a mod manager.

Then verify the log ..\DynDOLOD\Logs\DynDOLOD_log.txt lists the correct game paths when it starts. If that is not the case, start the games launcher once, which usually sets the correct path in the windows registry.

The game or DynDOLOD should not be installed in a location that contains a special path like "Program Files" on newer windows versions.

Edited by sheson

Had to make an account just for this.

I had the same problem as Klapp3k. I downloaded the Resource file with NMM and installed it using that. However the DynDOLOD.exe did not detect that it was installed. The way I "fixed" this was to uninstall it with NMM and install the files manually.

However this leads into another issue that I don't want to bring up in this thread.

Had to make an account just for this.

I had the same problem as Klapp3k. I downloaded the Resource file with NMM and installed it using that. However the DynDOLOD.exe did not detect that it was installed. The way I "fixed" this was to uninstall it with NMM and install the files manually.

However this leads into another issue that I don't want to bring up in this thread.

Seems like the mod manager something has a problem if it fails installing meshes and textures to the game folder from an archive.

I just tested DynDOLOD Resources 2.20 with 0.63.9. There is no problem installing the Core Files. After clicking install the DynDOLOD Resources options form shows up and the Core Files install correctly into the game folder. Once it completed installing all files, DynDOLOD.exe file checks pass without a problem.

Edited by sheson

I just completely did a fresh install. I wiped everything and anything Skyrim related and DynDOLOD to make sure I'm starting from a clean a slate.

I've followed GamerPoet's guide on YT to the T, and when it came to running the DynDOLOD.exe it throws the error that it can't find the Resource files, despite the related .esp files (Whiterun Exterior, Solitude Exterior, Desync Birds, etc) being enabled in NMM.

I've installed the textures from Tex Gen just fine, and I've also installed the patches for Lanterns of Skyrim. 

I honestly can't tell you what I'm doing wrong or what's going wrong. My NMM version is 0.63.8. But could that honestly be the problem?

Edit: I looked through the archive and compared it to what I have in the data folder. It seems that not all of the folders get installed when doing it with NMM.

For example:

• Textures > Terrain > LODGen > Dawngaurd.esm 
  • Textures > lod > 3AMt, rat, ztrees

and most likely more in other folders

Edited by RyanBurnsRed

I ran my DynDOLOD on 0.63.8 and it worked fine, if your not getting the Window popping up asking you to choose options when installing the resource file then the file is not installing properly in NMM, I don't know what to say as I followed GP's video and it worked perfectly for me, perhaps there's an underlying problem mwith your NMM app, who knows, but if you got it sorted one way or another that's all good.

I've followed GamerPoet's guide on YT to the T, and when it came to running the DynDOLOD.exe it throws the error that it can't find the Resource files, despite the related .esp files (Whiterun Exterior, Solitude Exterior, Desync Birds, etc) being enabled in NMM.

The optional esp files are not the DynDOLOD Resource - Core Files. The core flies are the preselected first fomod installer option that installs meshes, textures and script folders from 00 DynDOLOD Core Files - Required.

The core files option can't be unselected in the fomod installer. If the fomod installer is not working then there may be a problem with the NMM installation. It may have to do with the windows version or other crapware including anti virus.

Edited by sheson

NMM isn't installing all of the files. I suspect this might be why I'm having some issues in my game like really bad pop-in and bright glowing effects from the lanterns from Lanterns of Skyrim.

I'll just use MO for the installation. I don't know if it could be NMM installation. It's a clean install of NMM. I'm using Windows 10 so maybe that could be a factor. As for AV I'm using Malwarebytes, but it hasn't told me anything, and the folders where NMM, the mods, and Skyrim are have been added to the exclusion list, so I have no idea.

I installed DynDOLOD for the 2nd time this week, with NMM and I'm using Windows 10, Antivirus for me is CIS (Comodo Internet Security) and I never have a single problem, by any chance are you using multiple folders mode on NMM, I believe that can muck up sometimes when installing mods, not sure as I never personally use it.

No. I'm using the default VirtualInstall. I set the folders where my Skyrim mods are kept. I set a folder to keep install info and that's it.

This is literally a new install of NMM 0.63.9 and it's not installing all of the files. During the LOD generation with DynDOLOD.exe, I didn't notice any errors. At least anything that stood out as being an error.

In game it doesn't throw any errors yet I get massive pop-in and that weird thing with Lanterns of Skyrim. So right now I just went through and manually deleted all of the files after I uninstalled it from NMM. I'm going to redo it with MO and see if I have better luck

Are you running Original Skyrim ini files or did you run Bethini on your files, the pop in your describing sounds like it could be stemming from your ini files, just a hunch, but by all means try out MO and let us know how it goes for you, hopefully you'll get it working and be able to enjoy Skyrim with DynDOLOD ::):