Skyrim All YASH'd Up

It's ok, I m just happy to have disabled these lightposts that were annoying me, I won't bother editing the esp.

Regarding the Yash guide, I remember that when I built the Batched patch,0.esp I encountered CTD before I reached the game menu, the fix was to not merge the esp in wrye bash. (I tried rebuilding just in case and the result was the same, CTD).

It's ok, I m just happy to have disabled these lightposts that were annoying me, I won't bother editing the esp.

Regarding the Yash guide, I remember that when I built the Batched patch,0.esp I encountered CTD before I reached the game menu, the fix was to not merge the esp in wrye bash. (I tried rebuilding just in case and the result was the same, CTD).

You probably let it merge some stuff into the BP that other patches require thus leading to CTD.

You probably let it merge some stuff into the BP that other patches require thus leading to CTD.

That makes sense, although I don't recall having seen anything different from what's written in the guide except for the "untick Skyrim.esm" which isn't present in the "to-merge" list.

Anyway, I have an "Instructions unclear" alert ( ;) ) when following the Beautification guide :

This part is unclear to me : Landscape Environment Clutter Merged

- I currently have a "LECM - ESPs and Scripts Only" folder

- I am requested to create a "LECM - SMC ESPs" folder and to move files from "SMC" folder there and overwrite existing but there can't be any overwriting as the folder wasn't existing already, should I move the files to "LECM - ESPs and Scripts Only" folder instead ?

- I then am requested to merge files which belong to "LECM - ESPs and Scripts Only" and "LECM - SMC ESPs", I did so but what about the "SpiceOfLife - Barrels.esp" and "SpiceOfLife - Fences-Arthmoor.esp" ESPs, should I ignore them from the merge and thus discard them ? They were part of the "++++ LECM Merged" from the standard guide and I didn't see anywhere that we disabled this mods in the left panel.

- Also I'm missing the YALO mod, can't find it on the interwebz, is that a big issue ?

Even with these interrogations, I manage to build a LECM Merged and finished the guide, the game starts but I have a CTD issue as follows :

- I load my save, I am spawning at Moss Creek Camp, if I run to the intersection east of Falkreath (near Peak's Shade Tower), I get a CTD

- I then tried another path : ran then through Helgen, went along the lake, killed a bear, talked to NPCs on the road, approched Falkreath from the north => CTD

I tried to get some logs from the game with the Papyrus variables "=1" in skyrim.ini but nothing happened under "My Games/Skyrim/Logs/Scripts" (the Scripts folder wasn't even there).

I tried loading everything in TES5edit to see if there was any visible problem at first glance but I am no expert so I can say that everything loaded fine and I didn't see any error message, that's all

So if you have any idea to how diagnose/what is causing the issue, I'd be happy to hear about it.

But if I can't sort this out, I ll keep going with the standard version and I'll add some textures improvments whenever I can.

Atm, my lvl 6 orc is looking for adventures !

Edited by j4rd1n4t0r

It seems I fixed my CTD issue by doing as follows :

- In SMC, I unticked everything related to "Realistic Water Two" as the Yash guide is using "WATER" (don't think this was an issue but I think it couldnt hurt)

- Regarded the "instructions unclear" issue :

. Copied the "LECM - ESPs and Scripts only" to "LECM - ESPs and Scripts Only SMC"

. Moved the required ESPs from "SMC" to "LECM - ESPs and Scripts Only SMC", overwriting the existing files

. Merged the "LECM - ESPs and Scripts Only SMC" + " LECM - Patches" by following the "files to merge" provided in the Yash guide

I just tried to run to the place that was causing a CTD and it's going ok for now. I hope it will stay this way :)

Again, cheers for the guides !

Edited by j4rd1n4t0r

Argh I talked too soon, I discovered big patches of missing textures at the exit of the pass when travelling from Helgen to Ivarstead.

Found the problem, the missing textures were from the disabled mod "LECM - Northfire's Photoreal Mountains" so I re-enabled it in the left pane and these missing textures were gone. And it's logical as I merged all of the files from the standard guide which were including the Northfire's photoreal mountains ESP.

Hope it will all be good now !

I believed there is a substantial visual upgrade and I find the game pretty smooth and nice atm.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Arrived at Ivarstead and the game crashed, well I give up :) I m gonna play instead of modding :)

Edited by j4rd1n4t0r
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Hi.

Any of you guys ran YASH2 and any of the following mods alongside?

Andromeda - USS

Morningstar - MRS

Thunderchild

Sacrosanct

Apocalypse

Cosmic Spells

Summermyst .. yeah, I'm an Enai mod enthusiast.

Alternative to Summermyst .. Worlds Dawn (oldrim .. reported to be working fine on SE).

I'm also wondering if anyone knows what the deal is with YASH having levelled lists with 100 items, what's the purpose behind that?

I'd also love to be able to recreate YASH levelling but using the uncapper - problem being I have no idea what values the author of YASH used in the levelling. Anyone got any idea where those might be?

Cheers.