Skyrim All YASH'd Up

Maybe dumb question, but what is different between Requiem and YASH?

Requiem kicked my ass hard, and it makes me not want to play. Starting out as a Volikhar vampire, and then getting sent on that first mission where you encounter two Ebony Vampires..., well, let's just say that didn't go well.

What sort of challenge does YASH present?

It's pretty easy to remove for instance Requiem and add in any gameplay system... such as YASH or Enairim...

I think it took me like 1.5h or so to fully extract Requiem from the guide before working on adding in YASH?  The guide is, more than anything else, a really solid base world to plug in whatever gameplay experience you want.

Having said that... YASH is still pretty hardcore but it's all about your character skill rather than your player skill.  Requiem is very PERK based while YASH is all about skills.  It rewards character planning with large differences between the races, standing stones and the updated perk tree mechanics..  If you have 50 alchemy you can choose any talent in the alchemy tree with a skill requirement of 50 without having to invest 5 points or whatever to get there...  This unlocks alot of interesting builds.  There are a few other perk changes it makes...

You'd really benefit from watching the short youtube video on the YASH page and then reading the mod description... it's very thorough and should give you a good idea of what to expect.

The latest version has made alot of the changes MCM configurable.

It's pretty easy to remove for instance Requiem and add in any gameplay system... such as YASH or Enairim...

I think it took me like 1.5h or so to fully extract Requiem from the guide before working on adding in YASH?  The guide is, more than anything else, a really solid base world to plug in whatever gameplay experience you want.

Having said that... YASH is still pretty hardcore but it's all about your character skill rather than your player skill.  Requiem is very PERK based while YASH is all about skills.  It rewards character planning with large differences between the races, standing stones and the updated perk tree mechanics..  If you have 50 alchemy you can choose any talent in the alchemy tree with a skill requirement of 50 without having to invest 5 points or whatever to get there...  This unlocks alot of interesting builds.  There are a few other perk changes it makes...

You'd really benefit from watching the short youtube video on the YASH page and then reading the mod description... it's very thorough and should give you a good idea of what to expect.

The latest version has made alot of the changes MCM configurable.

Does YASH play well with other quest mods like Wheels of Lull, Grey Cowl of Nocturnal, etc.?

Yes.  Much better than Requiem does. :)

Yes, the more I play, the more I'm finding Requiem to be an utter pain in the butt. I haven't fired up Skyrim in a week because I got fed up.

There's a list of mods here for mods supported by Dragonborn Gallery:

https://legacy-of-the-dragonborn.wikia.com/wiki/Supported_Mods

Looks like some mods also add just items to the gallery. Are these "safe" for YASH?

From that list YASH guide currently has Artifacs of Boethiah, Immersive College, Forogtten City, all the BadGremlins, Heavy Armory, fAlskaar, Gray Cowl, Helgen Reborn, ASLAL, Konahrik ACcoutrements... As well as additional things that tie in not listed there such as More Interesting Loot.. Oblivion Artifact Patch..

Paul, What is performance like on your system especially in the city like Whiterun, Markarth, Riften, Solitude?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

with ECTV i got 35 - 40 fps in those cities.   Markath is the lowest 25-30 but Markath always was bad.

Can I use Expanded Cities, Towns, and Villages section from your guide with Darth's SRLE Extended LOTD guide?

you can but you need to remove ICAIO. Also some of the patches may need tweaking for SRLEX

Yes, the more I play, the more I'm finding Requiem to be an utter pain in the butt. I haven't fired up Skyrim in a week because I got fed up.

There's a list of mods here for mods supported by Dragonborn Gallery:

https://legacy-of-the-dragonborn.wikia.com/wiki/Supported_Mods

Looks like some mods also add just items to the gallery. Are these "safe" for YASH?

some weapon mods may need lvl lists adjusting if they are not present in the YASH guide. For example IW was a pita to fix so we dropped it.

Maybe dumb question, but what is different between Requiem and YASH?

Requiem kicked my ass hard, and it makes me not want to play. Starting out as a Volikhar vampire, and then getting sent on that first mission where you encounter two Ebony Vampires..., well, let's just say that didn't go well.

What sort of challenge does YASH present?

Read the YASH desc page. I that does not get to you then stick to Requiem. I am currently using YASH + Ordinator. But this is in testing stage i can't make any report yet

is this guide made for the remastered edition of Skyrim or only f or the old game ?

currently it's for the older version due to mods that require SKSE and MCM

Paul I was contacted by the mod author of Simple fix for The Notice Board by MannyGT (Rescue citizen and Escaped prisoner missions) by Memnochs https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/79296/? you need to use the replacer esp for The Notice Board by MannyGT

Edited by Darth_mathias