Skyrim All YASH'd Up

I had the same question.

1. Should I follow the finish line page and merge mods in that order or can I just merge the mod in the same order as the install guide. I prefer to do the merges in the same order as the install guide.

2. When I copy over the load order txt file Dyndolod isn't last because I have not done any merges yet (plus the esps after dyndolod are not unchecked like the guide suggests they would be.

3. I assume that When I do the merges. I 1. Check all mods in left pane of MO, 2. Copy over load order txt making sure all plugins are checked, 3. Run MP and only check the mods I need for that particular merge, 4. Make the merge than start over.

4. I feel like the instructions are simple enough but wonder if I am missing something when I read them. I wish the instuctions had a little more info in them and that there was a short 5 min video on the steps.

I have a few other questions but time to get bad to work. Thanks for any info you guys can give to help me out.

Gopher, Dirty Weasel, Gamer Poets and others have proper usage of Merge Plugins and all other tools covered as video guides on youtube... We have to assume some level of ability for the user to research and learn or the guide would be even more of a monster than it already is.  Neither of us are skilled video creators and frankly there's no need for yet another 'how to use this tool' video..

No matter what STEP guide or whatever you're following the process of using the tool is the same.. put your plugins in proper order at bottom of right side... run merge plugins.. select only the plugins you're merging.. create the merge... execute the merge... disable the relevant mods on the left side.. move newly merged mod into place on left.. move newly merged mod into place on the right...

For our particular guide you simply need to paste the load order file into your MO profile after you get done with all of the plugins to handle moving things into place on the right...

• +1 1

Running into some problems in the merge section:

In ICH, I am getting the following errors (and get the same if I just load up imp_helm_legend in xEdit and "Check for Errors":

[00:00] Checking for Errors in [04] imp_helm_legend.esp
[00:00] DwarvenHelmet [ARMA:0003F7FF]
[00:00]     ARMA \ DNAM - Data \ Weight slider - Male -> <Unknown: 2>
[00:00]     ARMA \ DNAM - Data \ Weight slider - Female -> <Unknown: 2>
[00:00] DwarvenHelmetOrc [ARMA:040096A3]

With Interesting NPC merge, Merge mods is gettibng to here and then not proceeding:

Renumbering Conflicting FormIDs
  Renumbering FormIDs in 3DNPC Alternative Locations.esp
  Renumbering FormIDs in 3DNPCEFF.esp
  Renumbering FormIDs in Interesting NPCs - EEO patch.esp
  Renumbering FormIDs in 3dnpc__crf.esp
  Renumbering FormIDs in 3dnpc__usleep.esp

Copying records
  Copying records from 3dnpc__usleep.esp
  Copying records from 3dnpc__crf.esp
  Copying records from Interesting NPCs - EEO patch.esp
  Copying records from 3DNPCEFF.esp
  Copying records from 3DNPC Alternative Locations.esp

Handling assets
  Handling assets for 3DNPC Alternative Locations.esp

I can see in Windows Task Manager that MergePlugins.exe is busy, so its not frozen ...

Running into some problems in the merge section:

In ICH, I am getting the following errors (and get the same if I just load up imp_helm_legend in xEdit and "Check for Errors":

[00:00] Checking for Errors in [04] imp_helm_legend.esp
[00:00] DwarvenHelmet [ARMA:0003F7FF]
[00:00]     ARMA \ DNAM - Data \ Weight slider - Male -> <Unknown: 2>
[00:00] DwarvenHelmetOrc [ARMA:040096A3]

With Interesting NPC merge, Merge mods is gettibng to here and then not proceeding:

Renumbering Conflicting FormIDs
  Renumbering FormIDs in 3DNPC Alternative Locations.esp
  Renumbering FormIDs in 3DNPCEFF.esp
  Renumbering FormIDs in Interesting NPCs - EEO patch.esp
  Renumbering FormIDs in 3dnpc__crf.esp
  Renumbering FormIDs in 3dnpc__usleep.esp

Copying records
  Copying records from 3dnpc__usleep.esp
  Copying records from 3dnpc__crf.esp
  Copying records from Interesting NPCs - EEO patch.esp
  Copying records from 3DNPCEFF.esp
  Copying records from 3DNPC Alternative Locations.esp

Handling assets
  Handling assets for 3DNPC Alternative Locations.esp

I can see in Windows Task Manager that MergePlugins.exe is busy, so its not frozen ...

Make sure you pulled those extras ESPs out of main 3DNPC mod in MO into their own mod, otherwise it will try merge all the assets from 3DNPC which will take forever.

Edited by Whetstone

Will there be an update to the Beautification page, because I think that there has been some changes in the SMC modist. Some of the excluded mods have been changed with others.

Also I am a bit confused regarding Skyrim.ini and Skyrimprefs.ini. When I was using STEP there was no BETH.ini in that guide, so I was changing the .inis in my documents folder. Now I have learned that there are also Mod Organizer .ini files that I hadn't known about. Which one do I change? Do I change them all, or if I have changed just the one in my documents folder will it be okay?

Edited by ShadowNirvana

Will there be an update to the Beautification page, because I think that there has been some changes in the SMC modist. Some of the excluded mods have been changed with others.

Also I am a bit confused regarding Skyrim.ini and Skyrimprefs.ini. When I was using STEP there was no BETH.ini in that guide, so I was changing the .inis in my documents folder. Now I have learned that there are also Mod Organizer .ini files that I hadn't known about. Which one do I change? Do I change them all, or if I have changed just the one in my documents folder will it be okay?

Changing the Skyrim ini and prefs in the documents folder will have no effect when using MO. 1. You need to shut off MO 2. go to modorganizer/profiles/default (or any other profiles you also need to change except your STEP profiles) and delete your inis and prefs 3. go to my documents/my games/skyrim and delete the inis and pref there also 4. run Bethini from outside of MO. 5. Run MO. The only time MO will see the Prfs and inis in your documents folder is the first time you run MO because it will copy them into your MO profiles folder

Its been a little while since I ran Bethini but that should be about all you need to do

Ah, I see he finall updated SMC.  I'll try to run through a compilation this weekend and see what needs changing in the beautification guide.  I can't make any promises though... this time of year is really time crunched for me.

Ah, I see he finall updated SMC. I'll try to run through a compilation this weekend and see what needs changing in the beautification guide. I can't make any promises though... this time of year is really time crunched for me.

Take your time! Anyway JD I try to add you on my Skype, please accept it :D

Anyone else notice that the deconstruction options at the smelter are very limited, a few armors and a few weapons ... is that intentional?

We're not running CCOR which is what normally adds all of those deconstruction options to vanilla equipment.  You could add CCOR but it overwrites alot of YASH changes if loaded after.

It's possible, via some editing of the CCOR esp, to pull in JUST the added decon recipes without much work... an hour or two in xedit tops...  I'm sure there's people that'd be interested if you wanted to take that on.

I just don't really have any time to muck around with things this month.

What i'd really like is a CCOR Lite that just does the recipe additions / rebalancing without all of the other adjustments to the actual items it makes... I may do that next month.

Edited by jdsmith2816

We're not running CCOR which is what normally adds all of those deconstruction options to vanilla equipment.  You could add CCOR but it overwrites alot of YASH changes if loaded after.

It's possible, via some editing of the CCOR esp, to pull in JUST the added decon recipes without much work... an hour or two in xedit tops...  I'm sure there's people that'd be interested if you wanted to take that on.

I just don't really have any time to muck around with things this month.

What i'd really like is a CCOR Lite that just does the recipe additions / rebalancing without all of the other adjustments to the actual items it makes... I may do that next month.

I am running CCOR before Yash2 and then just forwarding the conflicting recipes and a few outfit records to a patch. It works for me but may not be what everyone has in mind. If anyone wants the patch let me know.